Virgil Commentaries

jamby

Into the Blind World - Right after you climb some demon wall, there will be a Judas coin on a little cliff nearby.

Shores of Acheron - After you kick open a door that you had to turn a lever and break a breakable wall to get to. You see Charon and people constantly falling in the background.

Limbo - After ripping off Charon's head and getting back onto land (you had to run across a breaking bridge right before this).

Unblessed Infants - You'll get to this right after you meet the unbaptized babies with scythe hands for the first time.

Hall of Kings - Right before King Minos, the judge of the dead. Virgil will be in the corner and when entering the door before him you see him for a split second. Run to the bottom right to see him and then talk to him.

Winds of Lust - Literally right in front of the Lust Storm. On the left.

Semiramis - After the snake head that you have to break it's teeth to continue. You also receive a cutscene with Beatrice sitting in on a bed.

Helen - After killing Cleopatra in Lust, you do a few jumps and he'll be waiting for you when you land.

Gluttony - Before fighting Cerebus and after you do some platforming to get down to Gluttony.

Valley of Mud - After the room with the three mouths and before the mirror puzzle.

Greed - After descending into Greed, you'll see Virgil right in front a bunch of gold looking stuff and moving platforms.

Earth's Treasure - After getting passed the room that closes in on you and/or enemies. Right next to a demon wall.

Plutus - Right before the giant statue of Plutus.

The Wheel of Fortune - After you climb up Plutus, open the door and go across the rope, Virgil is waiting for you when you drop off the rope.

Anger - After descending into Anger, Virgil will be waiting for you.

Pigs in the Mire - After using a box to make a platform go down.

The City Draws Near - After going up the platform that you have to make sure the fire thing doesn't catch up. Right next to the rope that goes down and you'll get onto the big behemoth's head that you'll ride through the City of Dis (except that's not yet, you ride it across a pond).

Heresy - After descending into Heresy, he'll be waiting for you.

The Harrowing - Right after you go through the two hallways that have fire levers (one of which, demons try to catch you in it).

Epicurus - When you get to the main room where you're moving up a statue so it gets hit by light (the first time), you'll have to get across some demon walls and once you are passed them, Virgil will be waiting for you. It's also right before the room with 5 fire walls needing to be closed.

Three More Circles - This is after you get passed the room where all the platforms around you are breaking and falling (also known as the stalactite room).

Violence - Right next to the River of Boiling Blood, when you first get there.

Wood of Suicides - After crossing the River of Boiling Blood, Virgil will be waiting for you.

Abominable Sands - After leaving the Wood of Suicides and before entering the sandy area.

The River Phlegethon - After pushing the big piece of wood to continue on, you'll see red water/blood at a waterfall in the background. Right before the rope you descend to fight Francesco.

The Final Circle - After you get done with the Malbolge, Virgil is waiting on the path.

Treachery - Literally right at the beginning of the crumbling ice bridge (right before the final boss). He blends in with the scenery, so he's easy to miss.

This is just for everyone to look at when hunting the commentaries.

Edited by jamby

this is just me speakin but i don't think people care about what there called, they want locations

location, location, location lol

Well, most of the Virgil locations are right on the path. So it shouldn't be hard. If people know the exact locations then please post it here and I'll update it. I need to do a 3rd playthrough anyways to get them, so I may update it myself.

Like I said, you're missing the LAST one, Treachery. Once you slide down an icy slope, and right before the ice bridge that breaks before the final boss, he is standing right beside you. A bit tough to notice because of all the blue in that area.

edit: Here's a picture. Sorry for the bad quality.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/silenthillite/treachery.jpg?t=1266034618

Edited by Emperor_Fabulous
adding picture

Emperor_Fabulous... you have no idea how angry you just made me. Fuckkkkk!

I don't like you when you're angry :p

I was pretty pissed myself when I couldn't find Virgil anywhere in Fraud. I even restarted from an earlier save to try and find him. Eventually noticed him outside Fraud, checked the journal and noticed I had one left, which I knew was near the end there. Was definitely a relief to finally get it over with.

Oh cr@p! What is with this stupid "locked" under the commentaries, it is exactly like the entries. Make it red, make it italic, something! I missed the freakin' Hall of Kings (don't know how I managed it) and didn't realised it until the last one didn't net me the trophy, although I ran through the commentaries regularly but didn't notice the missing. And now I must do the whole game again!!! Let's see how fast can we do it now...

Hi guys, I got a question about this trophy.

DO I need to talk with him until he disappear? If i only talk with him once, then I leave, is this count? i remember I miss one to talk with him until he disappear....:(

That's a good question. Once you speak to him once it adds his commentary to your journal so I think you only need to talk to him once...but if you keep talking to him sometimes he'll give you a relic so it's worth it to keep talking just to be safe.

If you want to flame go elsewhere

Lots of people have trouble getting them all and it most certainly isn't your place to react like this.

Hey magmar Im offended that you didnt like my guide. This is a public forum, so if people like lloyd can say they dont care about the names of the commentaries, I can state what i feel to be the obviuos. Your entitled to your opinion as am I. So dont tell me what to say when you get to say what you want.

Secondly, I dont know what "flaming" is. where im from, calling someone that is an ass kickable offense. So please dont speak to me with this computer lingo.

Hey magmar Im offended that you didnt like my guide. This is a public forum, so if people like lloyd can say they dont care about the names of the commentaries, I can state what i feel to be the obviuos. Your entitled to your opinion as am I. So dont tell me what to say when you get to say what you want.

Secondly, I dont know what "flaming" is. where im from, calling someone that is an ass kickable offense. So please dont speak to me with this computer lingo.

You need to relax. 'Flaming' is essentially posting hostile/insulting messages towards other users on the internet. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but perhaps try and use a bit more tact next time instead of insulting other posters.

You'd get your ass kicked if you referred to someone as flaming where you're from? That's horrible. Poor people who suffer that injustice. Imagine if it was for calling yourself, and or someone, a nerd. I would be a dead man. Poor flaming people. Tsk tsk.

If you want to flame go elsewhere

Lots of people have trouble getting them all and it most certainly isn't your place to react like this.

:rofl:

I'm not going to give a response to this other than please report my offending post and let the mods decide :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...