Dance on Broadway Trophy Guide & Road Map

technole

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5070/5872879306_e156b192fc_z.jpg

If you enjoy my guide, and would like to join as a member of the ps3trophies.org community as a result, feel free to give me a referral upon signing-up!

Overview

• Estimated trophy difficulty: N/A (Estimated 4/10)
  • Breakdown: 11 ( 6 (B), 4 (S), 1 (G) )
    • Offline: 11 ( 6 (B), 4 (S), 1 (G) )
    • Online: 0

[*]Approximate time to 100%: 15 hours

[*]Minimum number of playthroughs required: One, but two is recommended.

[*]Missable trophies: None

[*]Glitched trophies: None

[*]Cheats disable trophies: No cheats available

[*]Difficulty affects trophies: Yes, Broadway Phenomenon

[*]Peripherals required: One Move controller required to play, two required for 100%.

Introduction

Dance on Broadway allows you to be the stage superstar, and perform the best of Broadway musicals in your own living room. Originally released on the Wii in 2010, and now on the PS3 in 2011 with PlayStation Move support. Broadway fans can dance along to the game's track list of 25 songs from 20 different shows. The game has two modes a born-a-star mode, and a free-play mode. Born-a-star is a career mode where you will be dancing your way to stardom and have to face critics to satisfactory ratings to save your theater. The game supports up to two-players locally, and up to four Move controllers, two for each player for increased accuracy. Only one Move controller is required to play the game, however to 100% the game you will require two Move controllers because of a two-player trophy.

Overall, the game is straightforward where you will perform a series of dance moves as shown on the screen. You will not have to deal with Move button presses during songs, it's just pure dancing here! The game tracks your very own dance movement utilizing your PlayStation Move(s), and the PlayStation Eye. The difficulty modes in the game stems on how many moves you can perform accurately and getting as many stars as you can per song. Pro difficulty has the same move sets as casual, only that the game will rate you strictly on accuracy with less margin for error compared to casual difficulty.

Before you play:

If you have not played a dance game before on the Move, it is highly suggested you calibrate your PlayStation Move(s) magnetic sensor using the utility in the XMB. For instructions on how to do this, refer to this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltOQB_q1UTg]How to Calibrate the PlayStation Move Magnetic Sensor[/ame]

(Credit to the

Official EU PlayStation Community Team for the video)

Roadmap

Step 1: Playthrough the Become a Star Mode on Casual Difficulty

First, start-up the tutorial on the main menu to learn the game concepts. After which you should start off in the Become a Star mode on the easiest difficulty which will introduce you to the game concepts and allow you to learn all the dance patterns of the songs. At the end of each tier you'll have to face a challenge song and have to score at least three-stars with each critic to continue to progress. After the fifth and final challenge, you will have earned the following trophies:

(B)
Set for Success

(B)
On Your Way!

(B)
Breakout Talent

(B)
Household Name

(B)
Rising Star

(B)
So I can Taste It

(B)
Marvel of the Stage

Step 2: Replay songs to collect 120 stars and play in Party Play mode

Now that your first run is complete, you can work on compiling 120 stars by replaying any songs you desire to earn more stars in Party Play mode, as your highest ratings will carry over to this mode. Try to strive for five-stars to allow you to get through some of the more harder songs with an average of four-stars if its necessary. Continue practicing songs in Party Play mode and play 20 unique songs of your choosing. Finally, get a partner and/or a second Move controller and play at-least song in this mode together. At the end of this step you should unlock the following:

(S)

Star Spangled

(S)
It's Party Time

(B)
Duet

Step 3: Playthrough the Become a Star Mode on Pro difficulty

At this point you should have enough experience with all the songs to start a new game to get through Become a Star Mode on pro difficulty. Your main focus here is just getting through the entire game and passing all the critic challenges again with five-stars each to progress toward the final challenge. After completing the final challenge you will unlock:

(G)

Broadway Phenomenon

Edited by Tuffinz
Editorial Sweep

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/959/01.jpgOn Your Way! (B)

Complete a song in any mode

All you have to do is start-up and complete a song in either party play or become a star mode. At the end of the song this will pop regardless of your score.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/959/02.jpgSet for Success (B)

Complete the Tutorial

The first screen in the game you'll see several options. Select "Tutorial" and read the instructions to learn about the game's mechanics and game play. This will unlock after you have read the final page of the tutorial.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/959/03.jpgDuet (B)

Play any song to completion in multiplayer mode

This is the single trophy in the game that requires two PlayStation Move controllers to obtain. A PS3 controller or other peripherals aside from the Move cannot be used with this game. Start up any song in party play or become a star mode with two players, and at the conclusion regardless of your rating this will unlock.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/959/04.jpgIt's Party Time! (S)

Complete 20 songs in Party Play mode.

Party Play is the free play mode in the game. Initially there are 20 songs unlocked from the get-go, and five to unlock via become a star mode. So you can work on this trophy immediately once you start the game. Just play 20 unique songs from beginning to finish and you'll unlock this upon completing your 20th song. There is no star requirement, and you can actually leave your Move down and the game will still count the song, as it will pick up some dance moves while idle.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/959/05.jpgBreakout Talent (S)

Complete the Tier One Critic's Challenge or Pro Difficulty

This is the first become a star mode progression trophy and will require you to obtain at-least 10 stars in casual difficulty or 12 in pro to attempt this. At the end of each song tier is a Critic's Challenge where you must pass to continue. The challenge for this is Bend and Snap from the Legally Blonde musical. To pass the challenge in casual difficulty you need to earn at-least three stars upon conclusion of the song. In Pro Difficulty it will require five-stars.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/959/06.jpgHousehold Name (B)

Complete the Tier Two Critic's Challenge in Casual or Pro difficulty

This is the second become a star mode progression trophy and will require you to obtain at-least 25 stars in casual difficulty or 30 in pro to attempt this. The challenge song for this is There's No Business Like Show Business from Annie get your fun musical. To pass the challenge in casual difficulty you need to earn at-least three stars upon conclusion of the song. In Pro Difficulty it will require five-stars.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/959/07.jpgRising Star (B)

Complete the Tier Three Critic's Challenge in Casual or Pro difficulty

This is the third become a star mode progression trophy and will require you to obtain at-least 40 stars in casual difficulty or 50 in pro to attempt this. The challenge song for this is There's Rich Man's Frug from Fosse musical. To pass the challenge in casual difficulty you need to earn at-least three stars upon conclusion of the song. In Pro Difficulty it will require five-stars.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/959/08.jpgSo I Can Taste It (B)

Complete the Tier Four Critic's Challenge in Casual or Pro difficulty

This is the fourth become a star mode progression trophy and will require you to obtain at-least 55 stars in casual difficulty or 75 in pro to attempt this. The challenge song for this is Ease on Down the Road by Michael Jackson. To pass the challenge in casual difficulty you need to earn at-least three stars upon conclusion of the song. In Pro Difficulty it will require five-stars.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/959/09.jpgMarvel of the Stage (S)

Complete the Tier Five Critic's Challenge in Casual or Pro difficulty

This is the fifth and final become a star mode progression trophy and will require you to obtain at-least 80 stars in casual difficulty or 105 in pro to attempt this. The challenge song for this is Thoroughly Modern Millie from Thoroughly Modern Millie musical. To pass the challenge in casual difficulty you need to earn at-least three stars upon conclusion of the song. In Pro Difficulty it will require five-stars.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/959/10.jpgBroadway Phenomenon (G)

Complete the Tier Five Critic's Challenge in Pro difficulty.

This trophy will require a pro difficulty playthrough to obtain and will require 105 stars to attempt the challenge. Getting to this challenge will require some additional practice as getting five-stars on a song will require near-perfect accuracy. A few tips to help with this is attempt songs using one Move controller instead of two. If you can master the dance moves with one hand, you won't need to deal with having to deal with two-hand accuracy with two controllers. Always keep the great ratings up as much as possible to build score bonuses. This will help during some parts of the song where you might be having trouble getting flawless scores.

The song for this is Thoroughly Modern Millie from Thoroughly Modern Millie musical. You will need to clear the song with all five-stars.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/959/11.jpgStar Spangled (S)

Collect 120 stars in Become a Star mode.

There are 125 possible stars to obtain in Become a Star mode among all the songs available, and for this you'll need 120 of them. You can replay songs anytime in this mode even after you complete become a star mode. Keep practicing to increase stars. Some tips include remembering dance sequences to compile perfect move streaks to increase your score which will earn you more stars. Attempt this trophy on casual difficulty and use one Move controller for an easier time with dealing with score accuracy.

Edited by Tuffinz
editorial sweep

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
is it available in north america? does it have a plat?

Yeah, its available in North America in a limited capacity. You might even find a single copy at a local GameStop. Might want to call ahead though if they have one. This game seems to be more readily available in the EU region.

Unfortunately this is another retail title without a (P). The game isn't that long though so that is likely why Sony allowed a small-scale trophy set.

• 3 months later...

lol, found it for 5GBP and free shipping in europe, and thought I would look if it was worth purchasing or not, but no platinum is a game-breaker when the game probably is really bad.

EDIT: I came back today, because now it went for 3.99GBP, and that too is including shipping, but I still don't think it's worth it.

Edited by MMDE

• 3 months later...
hah, not surprised to see you here xD

is there really a big difference between normal and hard difficulty?

i ask because of 15 extra stars. i dont wanna go through the game twice if not nesseccary tbh. altho its more fun than i expected

Not a whole lot, you are really given just a more limited range of accuracy. After the first few songs you'll get a feel whether you want to play on hard first or not. If you are familiar with other dance games, which I'm sure you are, you won't have a problem here :)

Not a whole lot, you are really given just a more limited range of accuracy. After the first few songs you'll get a feel whether you want to play on hard first or not. If you are familiar with other dance games, which I'm sure you are, you won't have a problem here :)

but tbh i have ...

1st 5*

3rd 5*

both on second try

but the others - yuck 3-4*

My main prob is: i dont see the "range" what they accept and what they dont - to me it seems kinda random

+ i have moves i think i do, but they never cound as "hit". its basically always the same move(s) im struggling with.

any advice on how to learn certain moves or parts of each song?

but tbh i have ...

1st 5*

3rd 5*

both on second try

but the others - yuck 3-4*

My main prob is: i dont see the "range" what they accept and what they dont - to me it seems kinda random

+ i have moves i think i do, but they never cound as "hit". its basically always the same move(s) im struggling with.

any advice on how to learn certain moves or parts of each song?

Ranges can seem random at-times on the first run. I just tried learning the pattern of what the game wants to see for those moves I was struggling with if I got higher ratings the next time through on the same move and sticking with that. Anticipating the next moves does help too, as I had to repeat several to get higher stars.

• 1 year later...