Trick Master

acetken

Alright, dudes, I need some input on this...

Is there any way at ALL to make the hard songs appear more frequently? I've played for hours and hours and Max 300 and Crazy<3Love have only appeared once each, New York EVOLVED not at all. I am so seriously sick of goddamn Need You Now and In the Zone appearing every single time I play but none of the ones I need even once. There has got to be a way to make this happen without having to play club mode 50 times and pray the hard ones appear once.

Someone has GOT to have some kind of information, tips, something. This is ridiculous.

The same thing happened to me; New York EVOLVED took freakin' forever to show up in Other Clubs, Crazy <3 Love and Max 300 made their debut and then ran off not to be seen again for 10 hours or so. Need You Now and In The Zone never stalked me though... I got stuck with Dancing in the Street and Hey, Soul Sister instead. :p

You just gotta keep at it, I think. I've spent at least 40 hours or so in Club Mode now and have 38/50 Song Status bars maxed; Crazy <3 Love and Max 300 are just starting to show up on what I'd call a "somewhat consistent basis," though New York EVOLVED I've only seen a grand total of 6 times to this day. I'm hoping that the rate increases once I max out the other two 10-footers. Good luck! ><;

You have to set your songs to 20 and make it all the way through in order for them to show up. Usually, they show up in the back 10 of the set. TRICK MASTER will take a VERY long time to obtain because of this. It's not *too* bad, but you HAVE to play complete sets each time. If you don't you'll end up going in Need You Now, Dancing in the Street and Hey, Soul Sister circles. Stay patient and keep at it and you'll end up getting to them again. Best of luck!

Thanks for the tip, Conker - It's been working for me and I got New York EVOLVED to show up as the 12th track just now.

7 songs to go...

New York EVOLVED @ ~70%

MAX 300 @ ~75%

Until the End @ ~80%

Ever Snow @ ~85%

A Geisha's Dream (Ruffage Remix) @ ~90%

CRAZY <3 LOVE @ ~90%

Curry Up @ ~95%

...I cannot wait until this trophy is OVER. :p

Uggggh, I can't believe that NY Evolved hasn't shown up even once. STILL. I've even been trying to keep on basic so that I don't fail out before the last few songs. I've hit Max 300 and Crazy Love a few more times, but STILL no NYE. I'm going to throw a fit in a few minutes here. :p

EDIT: fhslgaerbga;ebg Finally got it to show up. Good lord, it is not going to be fun trying to get that one to show up again. Sigh... At least keeping everything else on basic is going to ensure that I don't fill the bars up too quickly... And that I don't die before the songs show up.

I was worried for a bit there that the hard songs showing up was dependent on "club excitement" levels, but looking in my song records, it says that both Max 300 and Crazy Love have showed up 18 times each when I most certainly have not played them that many times, meaning the song lists must be fixed from the start. Phew. Still a pain, but mildly less of a pain, at least.

Edited by acetken

Uggggh, I can't believe that NY Evolved hasn't shown up even once. STILL. I've even been trying to keep on basic so that I don't fail out before the last few songs. I've hit Max 300 and Crazy Love a few more times, but STILL no NYE. I'm going to throw a fit in a few minutes here. :p

EDIT: fhslgaerbga;ebg Finally got it to show up. Good lord, it is not going to be fun trying to get that one to show up again. Sigh... At least keeping everything else on basic is going to ensure that I don't fill the bars up too quickly... And that I don't die before the songs show up.

I was worried for a bit there that the hard songs showing up was dependent on "club excitement" levels, but looking in my song records, it says that both Max 300 and Crazy Love have showed up 18 times each when I most certainly have not played them that many times, meaning the song lists must be fixed from the start. Phew. Still a pain, but mildly less of a pain, at least.

Of the three, New York EVOLVED is the rarest to show up. This song was the last one for me before I got Platinum. It was at 98% and I needed to play it just once more. I had to go through 37 songs (one 20 song set and 17 in another) until it finally showed up. Once you get to songs like that (and the other two 10s), DO NOT FAIL!!! If anything, deliberately miss a few arrows right before the TRICK meter reaches the top. Most of the time (depending on your dance gauge), the game will show mercy and either drop down a difficulty or you won't affected by a TRICK mod.

I strongly urge to make quick work of the level 10 songs because of their difficulty and how rare they show up in a set. Also, it would help if you alternate between playing Normal and Reverse scrolling. Maybe it's just me, but level 10s like to show up in the back 10 of the 20 song set on Reverse. However, on Normal, one will show up once every two 20 song sets. The order shouldn't matter though. I'm just saying how I personally tackled this mode. Hope this helps you out! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm down to two left. NY Evolved is at about 2/3rds done, and Love Like This is just a fragment. Starting to get a bit miffed, though... I've done somewhere in the realm of 8-10 20 song playthroughs over the last little while and each of them plays through without either of the songs I need.

This trophy sucks, man. They really needed to make it genuinely random and not make certain songs rarer than others. I probably need to see NY Evolved at least three more times before it fills up completely, and getting it to appear even once is harrowing.

There are so many ways they could have made this easier. I don't know why they felt they needed to be such dicks about it.

70+ hours of this stupid game and I now hate every song in it since I've heard them so often. New York Evolved still has shown up less than 10 times. There's no information anywhere on how to get songs to show up or... just anything.

What we need is a glitch or something. Too bad the game's not more popular, maybe we'd find a way to speed things up a tad.

70+ hours of this stupid game and I now hate every song in it since I've heard them so often. New York Evolved still has shown up less than 10 times. There's no information anywhere on how to get songs to show up or... just anything.

What we need is a glitch or something. Too bad the game's not more popular, maybe we'd find a way to speed things up a tad.

Konami's pretty solid about glitches and bugs actually. I can bet the hardest part of developing a DDR title is making sure the hardware (pad) synchronizes with the arrows. So there's really not much room for glitching what is essentially a randomized order. I do feel your pain though.

I don't understand how you guys got so lucky with the song showing up so soon. Seriously, I've had every other song filled up for at least ten rounds now and New York EVOLVED has still yet to appear. Like, I dunno, were you playing mostly on expert or something? Is that what it takes to get them to appear? Before it didn't matter, but now it's just like it's disappeared entirely. I just don't understand, and I'm really starting to think this platinum isn't worth it. Seriously? 100 hours for one trophy? This is goddamned ridiculous.

I have the plat for this and this trophy took forever. For New York Evolved you should set it to 20 songs. usually showed up for me as song 13 or 15, even as 20 one time. Max 300 liked to show up alot for me, alot of fun at trick lvl 6 ><. All you can do is keep trying, I know it sucks that its all random. Good luck with it.

Hey, you know what's neat? I'm more likely to get a 2079 combo in club mode than hit NY Evolved. Sweet.

I have played a total of 2363 songs on club mode, granting a generous number of a minute and a half per song totalling just under 60 straight hours, and this one song has still appeared a total of nine times.

This is completely ignoring the rest of the time spent on all the other trophies.

I'm a little bit disgusted that I'm still bothering. Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand how you guys got so lucky with the song showing up so soon. Seriously, I've had every other song filled up for at least ten rounds now and New York EVOLVED has still yet to appear. Like, I dunno, were you playing mostly on expert or something? Is that what it takes to get them to appear? Before it didn't matter, but now it's just like it's disappeared entirely. I just don't understand, and I'm really starting to think this platinum isn't worth it. Seriously? 100 hours for one trophy? This is goddamned ridiculous.

You should try things like White Knight Chronicles, around 1K hours to platinum, so 100 hours is nothing :p

Oh and btw, today Ive played all day long on club mode, sets of 20 songs, and in all the whole day, crazy♥love showed just 1 time, and NYE and max300 don't even appeared once :S

EDIT: Well, crazy♥love is starting to appear a bit more often now, max 300 only a few times, but still not a single new york evolved ><"

EDIT: Well, finally new york evolved is starting to appear more often, almost every time I play on 20 songs, but now crazy♥love and max300 seems to be hidding lol ><"

Oh and now the 3 lvl10 songs are not appearing at all :S

Edited by Darkiem

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is a glitch or something, but I figured I'd post it here for everyone just in case.

I was looking for NY Evolved for a very long time, so I tried favouriting it. Following that, it didn't appear for about 30 20 song setlists. Finally, I tried un-favouriting it and all of a sudden it started appearing like every second 20-sets. So I don't know if that truly had any effect or if the game gods simply decided that I'd taken enough punishment, but it's something worth trying for those struggling as hard as I did.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

can any of you actually play challenge mode on the harder songs with harder tricks? I've had to stay away from full life on expert on the songs with challenge because I cant do it. but i'd rather be fcing specially on the back 10 songs, bar goes sky high that way

ugh dancing on the streets 20 times now, 0 played on expert lol gonna guess this will be my last