Rate the trophy difficulty...  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_75.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.31

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

No way in hell is this a 4. Trying for a 1000 combo in Club mode is difficult as hell and I've spent hours trying to get a full perfect combo on a song without letting one great slip in (and that's even on beginner on the controller).

It may not be a 10, but I would put it at at least 6 or 7. Most of the trophies are easy, but there are a few assholes in here, too.

Edited by acetken

I've spent hours trying to get a full perfect combo on a song without letting one great slip in (and that's even on beginner on the controller).

i gave this a 8 as well..

try playin i'm yours on basic or crushcrushcrush on beginner. thats when i got them..

Edited by l1nd53y

For me, this is a 3/10. But I've also played DDR since the late 90s and have competed in dozens of arcade tournaments, so I have a bit of a leg up in that regard.

If you are a DDR casual, this will be a formidable 8/10 on the difficulty scale, which was my vote. In particular, 1000 Combo and Club Master are two trophies that require a fair bit of skill, even for seasoned veterans of the franchise.

Edited by Aeliana

I've been playing DDR for about seven or eight years myself now (so very obviously on heavy mode), and this game is still hard as hell. I have generally pretty good timing, but somehow, I'm still off for those perfects. And in club mode, you can't pick speed mods of course, so it's difficult to time the steps correctly for some of the songs (considering I don't know the chaos/voltage in some of them yet as I haven't been able to memorize them). If I were to play all of them on a more regular basis and get to know the arrow patterns, it would be easier, but as it stands, it's definitely an 8 for me.

Got to go with 1 - Very Easy. I play DDR since 1999.

There is no real big challenge on the trophy list on this game. You just have to play the game several hours to complete platinum.

Would have been harder is they forced players to do AAA, for example, on New York Evolved on expert. (with pad)

100+ AAA is no big deal, because with 50 songs and probably more soon, with a little practice you can rack up mostly all beginner and basic songs with AAA.

Got to go with 1 - Very Easy. I play DDR since 1999.

There is no real big challenge on the trophy list on this game. You just have to play the game several hours to complete platinum.

Would have been harder is they forced players to do AAA, for example, on New York Evolved on expert. (with pad)

100+ AAA is no big deal, because with 50 songs and probably more soon, with a little practice you can rack up mostly all beginner and basic songs with AAA.

Me thinks you might want to reconsider your rating with the last hidden trophy that was revealed yesterday. I've been playing since then as well and I've had no problems up until the very last trophy. I'm not going to rate until I get it and then platinum. Honestly, I was going to rate it a 3, but with the last one that I'm working on, it will DEFINITELY go up.

It took forever, but...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/conkervertex/IMG_20101208_161103.jpg

Was I first to platinum?

I'm rating it a 7. Even though I'm an avid DDR player, getting the song(s) you need to show up in CLUB MODE is annoying and very time consuming. Not to mention the TRICK level likes to throw curveball mods at you when you don't need them. The rest of it is easy. I'd say that the TRICK MASTER trophy takes about 25-30 hours of work.

It took forever, but...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/conkervertex/IMG_20101208_161103.jpg

Was I first to platinum?

I'm rating it a 7. Even though I'm an avid DDR player, getting the song(s) you need to show up in CLUB MODE is annoying and very time consuming. Not to mention the TRICK level likes to throw curveball mods at you when you don't need them. The rest of it is easy. I'd say that the TRICK MASTER trophy takes about 25-30 hours of work.

Wow man...congrats on Platinum. I will get it one day. I just gotta keep playing and playing

Nice job, sir! On my 20th+ hour of club mode (Never mind the rest of the game.)

The people who voted this a 1 must be trolling. Need some more 10s to re-set the balance.

Voted an 8. Of course if you've been stepping for years this won't be a big issue, but it's the same for Guitar Hero type games. You can't expect a complete newbie to come in and be able to finish in a somewhat reasonable time frame. So I'm adjusting my vote for the whole learning factor for the game.

• 1 month later...

Im also kinda good at dance games, played ddr for some time, but Ive played more PIU. Stil as people said, to get a Perfect full combo was annoying, and since Im moe a free styler, cleaing crazy♥love, max 300 and new york evolved was a pain for me but already did, so i said this is like a 7 or 8, cause remember that the fact that we are experienced at it and is easy for us, does not mean that the game is easy and is a 3, is just that we already have the experience for it, but most people maybe not. Anyways, im stuck with the trick master trophy and I dont know how people can say its around 25.30 hours of work, Ive played club mode for over 50 hours already, every time 20 songs per set, and crazy♥love only showed up 5 times so far, max 300 only 2 times, and new york evolved not a single time yet :S

• 1 month later...

Finally finished it so I can now vote fairly. With all of the time and effort I had to sink into this damn thing, I'm seriously considering voting this beast a 10. I know people say to not vote based on time spent, but that's frankly retarded. Considering it took me 5 years playing the arcade game to get good enough to effectively play heavy level charts (by that I mean AAing and SDGing (single digit greats) charts) in the first place and it took me 100+ hours just to get the stupid platinum on this damn thing, I'd say that's grounds for a 10. If the time needed to practice and improve at a game does not classify this one as "very hard", then I don't know what else to consider "very hard".

To all the people who voted a 1, I'd like to smack you. Can your average seven year old platinum this game without too much trouble? No. Did you start playing DDR from the get go able to successfully AA heavy songs? Doubtful. That amount of practice needed means it isn't a 1. To quote another user on a different board, "Voting something a 1 is basically saying that it's akin to sitting on the toilet and pushing a shit out for difficulty". Calling this a 1 is an insult to everyone with the platinum, I assure you.

Edited by acetken

• 4 weeks later...

Im voting this a 3. Well for me that is.. I have played DDR well back in the days and won a tourney or too.. Plus I have Stepmania on my computer so its like playing ddr on ps3.. using a keyboard.

Its mostly time consuming and I don't want to vote a harder grade just cause of time consumption.

If I have to vote in the mind of everyday players... then I would give it a 7.

1,000 combo is no joke and Trick master is annoying time eater.

Clearing a full combo on challenge is hard also for the ddr novice, plus trying to unlock challenge on the songs that allows challenge for is a pain for the 3 hardest songs in this game.

Max 300, New York Evolved, and Crazy <3 Love = Fingers broken.

Edited by OniJsan

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is the first DDR game I have played and I have to say trying to get the platinum on this one is damn near impossible. I would enjoy watching someone complete just one level on the hardest setting.

Practice is key. ;)

I've heard from some people that the (P) in this game is easier if you use the DualShock 3 controller, rather than the dance pad. So if you're playing solely for the (P), then throw away the dance pad and start using the DualShock 3 controller.

• 2 months later...

I just have some grinding left to do, so I'll vote now.

My personal vote would be a 3/10, but I voted 10/10 because that is what the difficulty for new players to the series would be. My vote is based on using the dance mat, not the DualShock 3, so my opinion will differ from those who used the DualShock 3. I also did not use any turbo controllers. The DualShock 3 makes the (P) easier, but it would still be no less than an 8/10. Here's how I would break it down:

Getting familiar with the game: This game requires a lot of practice, especially for playing songs on Expert difficulty. I've been playing DDR for about 10 years now, so I didn't need much practice to begin with. Playing Club Mode a lot will really help hone your skills.

Club Mode: This is the hardest part of the game because of getting AAA rank, especially because the starting songs in the game have horrible charts, and it makes it very hard to match the steps with the beat of the song. Again, lots of practice will no longer prove it to be a challenge. Getting a 1000 combo is also a pain. The best strategy is to backup your save file onto the :psn+: cloud, delete the save on the console itself, and try again. All the tricks will be reset to Level 1, and will make things a breeze.

The hard trophies: Getting a Full Combo on Challenge difficulty was nowhere as bad as activating the Groove Trigger 5 times in one song on Expert difficulty or higher. Getting the right chance to activate the Groove Trigger while using the dance mat and without falling is a huge pain because the timing has to be just perfect so you don't lose your chance. Getting AAA rank on 100 songs isn't that hard since you can just play the songs on Beginner and Basic difficulties. The rest of the trophies are pretty easy, even for a newbie.

Note about playing with the DualShock 3 and using turbo controllers: With the help of these, the grinding required for the "Trick Master" trophy would be sped up. You will miss a lot of notes, but the majority of the songs will be maxed out with experience. However, getting the boss songs to appear in Club Mode requires a high enough score and combos from songs 1-11. Turbo controllers can also help with unlocking Challenge difficulty on some of the songs. That being said, the use of these methods will still only slightly lower the difficulty.

So in the end, 10/10 if using a dance mat, but 8/10 if using the DualShock 3.

• 1 year later...

I play the game quite a bit, and have a decent number of AAs on heavy. Trick levels 5/6 are stupid.

People are saying 1000 combo is hard, but considering I get 1000 combo every other setlist, I disagree with that. However, playing well enough through tricks to both not fail and keep excitement going up to get the boss songs in Club Mode makes Club Master really, really dumb. This game is a 4/10 to 97% and a 7 or 8/10 to platinum.