You guys talk too much shit!

SilentCell

This game isn't as bad as everyone makes out.. they just think everygame has to be life like... nothing in the game was great and yeah the AI seemed a bit confused at times, but the story was the usual city in danger gotta kick some ass, so plenty fighting unlike the shit you had 2 endure with prince of persia (20 fights the whole game!), I felt the controls were like that of killzone2 (except the fact its 3rd person), if you played without cheat codes... it was a bit more challenging (obviously) using a 1 hit gun takes all the fun outta having boss fights!

The trophies don't take long... an emblem guide I would recommend as the levels are huge and if you use cheat codes you dont have to run around level's to stay alive.

Overall I didn't think it was a waste of money and could name quite a few games/with trophies that suck a lot more than this!

No this game is pretty crappy. Not enough dev time I guess. leisure suit larry box office bust is much much worse though.

I agree with both games. I wouldn't play either this game or Leisure Suit Larry again if you paid me.

I don't believe they are the worst games of all time or even close but if we're talking about "trophy enabled" games... then yes... they are both horrible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This game isn't as bad as everyone makes out.. they just think everygame has to be life like... nothing in the game was great and yeah the AI seemed a bit confused at times, but the story was the usual city in danger gotta kick some ass, so plenty fighting unlike the shit you had 2 endure with prince of persia (20 fights the whole game!), I felt the controls were like that of killzone2 (except the fact its 3rd person), if you played without cheat codes... it was a bit more challenging (obviously) using a 1 hit gun takes all the fun outta having boss fights!

The trophies don't take long... an emblem guide I would recommend as the levels are huge and if you use cheat codes you dont have to run around level's to stay alive.

Overall I didn't think it was a waste of money and could name quite a few games/with trophies that suck a lot more than this!

graphics, physics and controls are so terrible, it should have never been released.

• 2 weeks later...

This game sucks so much dick,that I couldn't finish,It literally pissed me off having to play this,And it was mainly because the damn missions lasted 2 hours each and ALL the scenery looked exactly the same

Honestly,i rented this starting playing it thinking it came out like in 06 or 07 as a early ps3 because it was so shitty looking.....2009 guys,a 2009 game that is that bad should be banned.its all i can say

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with TC.

I saw the Classic Game Room review for this game on youtube and that one got me really interested. All the other game reviews said - it sucks so much blah blah blah

Well, I actually quite enjoyed the game. Don't get me wrong - it's not a perfect game, but in my opinion it's not bad at all. Especially the scale of the levels is just mind blowing and doing it cooperatively was really fun (for me that is).

I mean compared to really shitty games like Matt Hazard, it's actually pretty good. And I played much worse games like assassins creed 1 or even mirror's edge (for mirror's edge, i did all the speedruns and time trials, that quite ruined the game for me a lot). Of course I knew what to expect - I expected much from AC1 and ME, so that may also have influenced my opinion as well.

I think Prison Break could be considered worse than this.

Not because it's hard or particularly frustrating, but because it is so boring. I mean horribly, tediously bore you out of your mind, boring!

If your idea of fun is repeating the same actions over and over again for 8 hours is fun, then Prison Break would be a blast....

...but it isn't.

And I preferred playing Terminator Salvation than playing PB so it has to be down there as one of the worst PS3 releases.

• 3 months later...

Not the best game, and probably unplayable without the cheats, but I had a reasonably good time with it working toward the platinum (I was generally happier playing through Damnation than I was playing through Bayonetta, 3dDot, Iron Man2, etc). As another poster commented, I really enjoyed the massive scale of the levels and I liked being able to get up on a roof top and look far into the distance and see a tower that I would eventually work my way to.

It's a shame this game didn't receive the development time it deserved.

I think Prison Break could be considered worse than this.

Not because it's hard or particularly frustrating, but because it is so boring. I mean horribly, tediously bore you out of your mind, boring!

If your idea of fun is repeating the same actions over and over again for 8 hours is fun, then Prison Break would be a blast....

...but it isn't.

And I preferred playing Terminator Salvation than playing PB so it has to be down there as one of the worst PS3 releases.

I'll never understand this sentiment. All videogames are repetitive.... from Killzone 2 (shoot, move, shoot) to Final Fantasy XIII (battle after battle after battle) to Red Dead Redemption (kill bandit, rescue horse, pick flowers, kill bandit, rescue horse, pick flowers). To say that a repetitive game sucks severely limits your playing options.

• 3 weeks later...
I agree with TC.

I saw the Classic Game Room review for this game on youtube and that one got me really interested. All the other game reviews said - it sucks so much blah blah blah

Well, I actually quite enjoyed the game. Don't get me wrong - it's not a perfect game, but in my opinion it's not bad at all. Especially the scale of the levels is just mind blowing and doing it cooperatively was really fun (for me that is).

I mean compared to really shitty games like Matt Hazard, it's actually pretty good. And I played much worse games like assassins creed 1 or even mirror's edge (for mirror's edge, i did all the speedruns and time trials, that quite ruined the game for me a lot). Of course I knew what to expect - I expected much from AC1 and ME, so that may also have influenced my opinion as well.

There was no way I could of beat this without a friend, and you are saying Mirrors Edge and Assassins Creed 1 are WORSE? LOL You have a screw loose buddy...and more than one just like this garbage.

and I suppose Leisure Suit Larry wasn't bad either? Man...ive been missing out! We should have codemasters publish every game from now on they go above our expectations.

.....seriously, if you cant backup your opinions with reasonable arguments then don't share them at all! You are like part of that 10% who actually enjoy crappy games like this!

• 1 month later...
There was no way I could of beat this without a friend, and you are saying Mirrors Edge and Assassins Creed 1 are WORSE? LOL You have a screw loose buddy...and more than one just like this garbage.

Getting personal are you? Pathetic.

Mirrors Edge has broken controls. I got platinum in that game, so I should be able to tell and I really hated it. Some time saving jumps really need to be perfectly timed. Because of the First-Person-Style you can't see her feet, which means you can only guess when to jump. Sounds like a pretty broken game to me. The timer running while the game is loading is also great game design (not). Especially the server room is laughable. I must have tried the speedrun 20+ times, just to get shot down randomly in there, which of course ruined the whole speedrun and I had to start again. Sometimes I jumped and was shot down in air and died. Sometimes I jumped exactly the same way and lived. This doesn't make any sense at all and especially for speedruns its just bad game design. Throwing dice is more predictable than this.

And dont get me started on Assassins Creed 1. It's just a boring, boring game. Yes, great graphics and that's it and that "great graphics" isnt even true anymore. Uncharted 1/2 blows the game out of the water graphic-wise.

I had plenty of fun with Damnation and will even play through it again with a friend. Granted, it's not a perfect game, but I have played many games worse than this.

Damnation got 7/10 from me. Mirrors Edge 4/10. Assassins Creed 1 3/10. Eat Lead got a great 1/10 and that's just because 0/10 isn't possible on GameFAQs.

I'm quite happy that I watched this review [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBOhPZPAYeA]YouTube - Classic Game Room HD - DAMNATION for PS3 review[/ame] - otherwise I would have believed some of you haters and wouldn't have bought it. The game reminded me of Galaxy Rangers as well. I also liked the scale of the game, that's just great. And please get personal about Classic Game Room, lol. You definitely got way more gaming experience than them :D

and I suppose Leisure Suit Larry wasn't bad either? Man...ive been missing out! We should have codemasters publish every game from now on they go above our expectations.

Larry was bad. 3/10 from me.

Still it's better than Magna Cum Laude.

.....seriously, if you cant backup your opinions with reasonable arguments then don't share them at all! You are like part of that 10% who actually enjoy crappy games like this!

You are getting personal and YOU dont have any arguments. I just told you what's wrong with those other games.

Edited by OldJimiDini

• 4 weeks later...

It's pretty bad, but not unplayable. It's more acceptable if I think of it as a PS2 game rather than a 2009 PS3 game...

The AI is terrible. Enemies tend to just stand in place and shoot you, which is great for sniping I guess. Your partners are far worse though. They'll just stand in place period, completely ignoring the things hitting them. I guess they're good for drawing some enemy fire at least.

Graphics are hit and miss. The characters are ok, the enemies are atrocious, but the levels actually look pretty damn nice, at least in the distant shots.

Gunplay is pretty bad. The actual button setup is weird but ok, but there's something missing from the combat itself. Some sort of enemy reaction or graphic representation that let me know that my attacks are actually hitting would be nice.

I really dig the setting though, which is the only reason I'm giving this the time of day. Post-Civil War steampunk is really interesting to me. The vehicle designs and what not are pretty cool.

All in all, I'll finish it off and shelve it. If I get really bored at some point, I might try to plat it someday. If I can find a friend willing to play it with me...

Eat Lead got a great 1/10 and that's just because 0/10 isn't possible on GameFAQs.

Wow. Here you and I differ greatly. I rather enjoyed Eat Lead. Decent gunplay, great concept, and funny as hell. I give it at least a 7/10, while Damnation is somewhere in the 3/10 range.

Edited by Bishop084

• 4 weeks later...
It's pretty bad, but not unplayable. It's more acceptable if I think of it as a PS2 game rather than a 2009 PS3 game...

For my taste most PS2 games that I own are actually kicking most of PS3 titles in the butt without problems (everything, but graphics wise). Of course, Damnation's graphics wouldn't be possible at all on PS2 and I'm not talking about HD here.

The AI is terrible. Enemies tend to just stand in place and shoot you, which is great for sniping I guess. Your partners are far worse though. They'll just stand in place period, completely ignoring the things hitting them. I guess they're good for drawing some enemy fire at least.

Playing on highest difficulty isn't easy at all in this game. And it's also not cheap. I played through it 3 times in total and I actually liked the game more per playthrough. Especially the cooperative playthrough was just great, which was my last one.

If I remember correctly, I think I rated it 6/10 first, then did the coop playthrough and changed it to 7/10 afterwards.

Gunplay is pretty bad. The actual button setup is weird but ok, but there's something missing from the combat itself. Some sort of enemy reaction or graphic representation that let me know that my attacks are actually hitting would be nice.

I had no problems with it whatsoever. I guess you only played a bit of it.

I really dig the setting though, which is the only reason I'm giving this the time of day. Post-Civil War steampunk is really interesting to me. The vehicle designs and what not are pretty cool.

That's actually the main point, why I can't consider this game to be bad. The atmosphere and sense of scale is just great in this game.

Granted I can think of many improvements, but I can think of many improvements in almost all titles that I played on PS3.

Wow. Here you and I differ greatly. I rather enjoyed Eat Lead. Decent gunplay, great concept, and funny as hell. I give it at least a 7/10, while Damnation is somewhere in the 3/10 range.

I think I "laughed" around 2-3 times in the whole game, it's not funny. It's child-humor aka a child wrote it and thought it was funny, but it is not. Gunplay and gameplay is ultra frustrating especially on the highest difficulty setting. For example the first boss fight - I think I even started this game on the LOWEST setting and got killed there by like a couple hits from enemies. On the highest you get killed almost instantly and that's everywhere. You get out of cover and there is some enemy standing almost anywhere -> boom dead within 1 second. And I'm not talking about this game being "hard", it's just cheap. The aiming is a real mess. Controls are clunky. Dialogue is stupid. Some bosses are almost impossible, if you don't know where they appear and have stocked up on ammo (like for example the "final fantasy joke boss"). The tentacle-ship boss is also really frustrating. It's just random. The game also crashed pretty often on me. Graphics are also really bad - design and quality wise. If you consider Damnation to be PS2, what do you call this? PS1? Hell, I have seen better graphics than this on PS2.

I don't know how I even managed to platinum that game without throwing it away before that. I wanted to, but I had nothing else to play and I was sick, so I platinumed it, but it was really awful. Getting a platinum is the only good thing about this game. At least I paid only 10EUR for it and actually I should have gotten paid to play this game. I really wonder what people thought, when they bought this completely broken game for full price.

Actually grinding N.O.O.S.E. in GTA4 sooo many hours for Wanted (which I did) is better than playing Eat Lead. And that's saying a lot.

Edited by OldJimiDini