Game Review Thread

Rockets

What Do You Rate This Game?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Rate This Game?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61D-AONwIWL.jpg Average Game Rating = N/A

Screenshots

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/large.jpg http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/CSI-Fatal-Conspiracy-High-Noon-Trailer_1.jpg http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/CSI6_Screen_1.jpg

How To Review

1. PLEASE DON’T post a review without having played the game first!

2. Please don’t post a review unless you have played alot of hours or have completed the game.

3. Only write about the multiplayer aspect in the ‘Multiplayer Experience’ heading.

4. Please put a description in each section & then rate it out of 10.

5. Do not review on the trophy aspect of the game.

6. Review what YOU think & don’t be influenced by others.

Reviewing Game - CSI: Fatal Conspiracy

Story:

Gameplay:

Controls:

Graphics:

Sound:

Wow Factor:

Replay Value:

Multiplayer Experience: N/A

Rent Or Buy This Game?

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: PLEASE VOTE!

Please Use the above as a template for your review. If you need help with anything please refer to this thread >>> http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/user-generated-content/16959-how-write-review.html#post213134

*PLEASE NOTE: ALL NON-REVIEW RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED*

Edited by Rockets

Story: Nice.

Gameplay: Straightforward. Nothing exciting here.

Controls: Awful. I wish there was an option to increase pointer speed. I also wish the highlight box was more pronounced. I frequently hit "Back" when I want to hit "Confirm Match" because it's hard to tell which box I've highlighted.

Graphics: Not good. I'm being nice. But that's not really the point here, right? If the story is good and it's a nice whodunit, then the graphics can be overlooked.

Sound: Not so good. Playing on a 5.1 system the dialogue isn't always confined to the CC when it should be. The ambient effects are also on a loop and can be very annoying.

Wow Factor: LOLERS

Replay Value: Zero. If you solve the case, you've solved the case. Folks on this site will replay one case once to get all their 100% trophies, but that's probably it.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent! But hell, it's only $30, so you might as well buy it if you want to.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: 6. If you're not a CSI fan you'll hate this game, if you are, it's a fun way to spend a Sunday.

Edited by frankthetoad

• 4 weeks later...
Story: Nice.

Gameplay: Straightforward. Nothing exciting here.

Controls: Awful. I wish there was an option to increase pointer speed. I also wish the highlight box was more pronounced. I frequently hit "Back" when I want to hit "Confirm Match" because it's hard to tell which box I've highlighted.

Graphics: Not good. I'm being nice. But that's not really the point here, right? If the story is good and it's a nice whodunit, then the graphics can be overlooked.

Sound: Not so good. Playing on a 5.1 system the dialogue isn't always confined to the CC when it should be. The ambient effects are also on a loop and can be very annoying.

Wow Factor: LOLERS

Replay Value: Zero. If you solve the case, you've solved the case. Folks on this site will replay one case once to get all their 100% trophies, but that's probably it.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent! But hell, it's only $30, so you might as well buy it if you want to.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: 6. If you're not a CSI fan you'll hate this game, if you are, it's a fun way to spend a Sunday.

I agree with all of this. I think the game is too slow-paced. It feels like the cases takes forever sometimes when you are set to go. Also there seems to be no way to do something wrong(?)....you just have to look around and find evidence until you get the call to go to next location, then there is some back and forth between different scenes and lab.

• 2 weeks later...

Story: 7/10 - Well, your day to day CSI style story I guess.

Gameplay: 7/10 - Doesn't take long getting used to.

Controls: 6/10 - Cursor is slow, as other review stated. Don't mind the rest myself.

Graphics: 3/10 - Not really that good at all considering the gen we are at. But hey, its something which I find can be common in TV-Game adaptations etc.

Sound: 5/10 - Voice acting is fine, rest is ok.

Wow Factor: 5/10 - Enjoyable, but I haven't exactly WOWed. I think at this moment Heavy Rain is the closest thing to this game..and Heavy Rain did WOW me.

Replay Value: 2/10 - Only to pick up missed trophies.

Rent Or Buy This Game? 6/10 - Well, I got it fairly cheap..but rent I suppose.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: I think I put 7, I do enjoy games which involve solving stuff and finding stuff though, and I did enjoy the old PC CSI games.

Edited by Rin-1000014-

• 4 weeks later...

Story: 6/10 - It's CSI you know.. with less "pazass"

Gameplay: 6/10 - Point and clicky and no more then that.

Controls: 4/10 - Cursor is slow, which is terrible. And during the research parts, you often click on the wrong button (like help or reset) because they all look alike and it's hard to tell which one is highlighted.

Graphics: 2/10 - Back to the stone age

Sound: 6/10 - The CSI team sounds good, the other actors not so much...

Wow Factor: 3/10 - As in "wow, i cant believe i bought this game"

Replay Value: 1/10 - None tbh, maybe to help a friend who wants to play it.

Rent Or Buy This Game? If not a die hard fan, 100% rent, fast and easy platinum (with guide)

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: 5. Normally i'd say 3 or 4 but you gotta keep in mind it's a tv show adaptation, and Bruckheimer ain't paying for this one.

Story: Not bad. If you like the tv show, you'll probably enjoy the story. 5/10

Gameplay: Can be a little boring as all you do is move the cursor around looking for evidence and then process it on one of the machines back at the lab. Each machine has slightly different controls and/or "puzzles" you have to complete. Can become fairly repetitive after a couple missions. 4/10

Controls: Definitely agree with frankthetoad's review. Cursor moves too slow and often selected the wrong button due to the poor selection highlighting. 3/10

Graphics: Nothing special, but also nothing that was so terrible I noticed. 5/10

Sound: Fairly repetitive. Similar the types of music played on the show 5/10

Wow Factor: None 1/10

Replay Value: Not much. The outcomes of the cases is the same every time. The only reason to go back is to try and find more evidence. 2/10

Rent Or Buy This Game? Definitely rent. Finished in a couple days

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: Not a bad game to rent if you like CSI. I think all of the cast members in the game are voiced by the actual actors except for Catherine and Sara. Although the controls can be a little frustrating at times, the different style of gameplay can be a nice change of pace. And it's so short the controls shouldn't get to you too much. Overall 5/10.

Edited by MFVillin

Gave this a... 6! Pleasantly suprised how enjoyable this is :)

The story is ok, the whole investigation seaching for clues and analysing is cool.

The graphics arn't great but the voice overs work well and the soundtrack fits.

The main problem for me is the speed of the cursor... sllloooooowwwww...

No replay value either with Platinum within half a day, each Case may take an hour depending on how much you investigate.

Have never been interested in the TV Show... but maybe I'll check it out now :)

Well worth the low price it is :)

• 4 weeks later...

It's pretty bad imo. I like the shows I guess even though I prefer Criminal Minds but this game is pretty brutal. The graphics are awful and it's very difficult to try to get everything in each case without using a guide, I hate those kind of games. I'm having a hard time bringing myself to finish it so I can trade it in. I'm gonna try to marathon it tomorrow I think because once it leaves my system, it's difficult for me to want to put it back in. It's just boring.

• 3 months later...

Story: 7/10

I've seen a few episodes. The storyline of each case stood well on its own. It also meshed well together.

Gameplay:7/10

It's an interactive instead of a regular game style. These I always give extra points on since they take more effort and thought behind.

Controls: 3/10

Most were straight-forward once you got them down. I wish they had made the toolbox more user-friendly. Sometimes, I clicked the wrong tool because I didn't know what it was.

Also, having to manual jump from one location to the next is really annoying. Oh, and hopefully, you don't do like me and click the wrong location. It's bad enough having to deal with loading from one to the next, much less from one to the wrong one to the right one :mad:

Graphics: 9/10

Very well done. No skimping on details there, including areas of light and shadow.

Sound: 5/10

On par. I didn't really pay much attention to it, but it all seemed to be correct for the atmosphere.

Wow Factor: 2/10

Any interest quickly dies with the repetition.

Replay Value: 0/10

None really. You can get the Plat easily. Plus it gets really repetitive half-way through.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent

I rented it. I wouldn't buy it since it only takes roughly 7 hours to complete.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: 4/10

The graphics and story set a high bar that the rest of the features did not meet. If they had spent alot more time and effort into it, they could have done a much better job.

rated this game an 8- for the simple reason that it is diffrent -getting tired of all the shooters and racers i usualy play and needed something diffrent. helped that i picked it up new for 15$. the game has some issues - but if you are like me and just need a break from the usual games this is a fun one to play

I'm stunned by the reviews in this thread. This game is pretty terrible, imo.

The story is not good. I can't really go into details about how stupidly the villains, especially the final villain, acts, but it's noticeable. I have seen many episodes of CSI, and this is worse, plotwise, than every episode I've seen. This must be where they stuffed ideas that weren't good enough to make the show.

The game is not different, either. I have played a lot of mystery games and point-and-click adventure games, and this type of game has been done better a hundred times.

I like myself less for having bought this game. I would recommend people against getting it. Buy Phoenix Wright or something else instead. Professor Layton. Police Quest. Agatha Christie. Anything else.

Story: 5/10

Average storyline at best, very short where you can guess what will happen far before it does

Gameplay:3/10

It's an interactive instead of a regular game style, imo this fails heavily. Could have been and probs should have been a over the shoulder camera still game just to give some fluidity

Controls: 1/10

I wish they had made the toolbox more user-friendly. Hard to see what icon you had highlighted at times. Having to manually move to each location was pointless considering there was so few locations anyway

Graphics: 7/10

Great effort on this part imo, they really tryed hard to make everything look as real as possible, however this was made alot easier by not having any free roam to the game

Sound: 5/10

i didnt listen to much much of the sound, but what i heard seemed to fit what i was doing

Wow Factor: 2/10

After you've gone through all the machines... thts it, thts all you do for the rest of the game

Replay Value: 0/10

It's bad enough having to play each case once....

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent

6 hours of gameplay.. defo rent

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: 3/10

The graphics set a good standard that the rest of the game did not meet. If they had spent more time and effort into it, they could have done a much better job. Really Dissappointed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Story: 7/10 It was nice and suspenseful each case, much better than a movie based game for sure. Didnt like the ending though, it was a bit plain, nothing too exciting.

Gameplay: 3/10 Point, Click, Point, Click, Whats the Point, Click, Point, Click

Controls: 4/10 Horrible, a sensitivity adjustment at the least would have been good. Navigating menus is confusing, hard to tell which option youve selected and sometimes you accidentally click exit after finishing a dna :mad:

Graphics: 1/10 Play the game and you'll see why.

Sound: 5/10 didnt sound great nor bad

Wow Factor: 10/10 WOW ITS AN EASY PLATINUM

Replay Value: 0/10 Unless you are an extreme completionist who wants everything 100%.

Multiplayer Experience: 0/10 too bad, woulda loved some party case solving

Rent Or Buy This Game? Buy, Platinum, Sell.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: 7/10 For the storyline mostly

Story: 2/10 Nice tie in from case to case, all in all, just a recycled TV espisode.

Gameplay: 3/10 Point, Click, Point, Click, Whats the Point, Click, Point, Click - Have to agree with the above post

Controls: 2/10 Navigation sucks, not intuitive at all. When doing finger prints, no rhyme or reason :wtf:

Graphics: 1/10 For when this was released, way behind the times. I think Dragon's Lair for the 1980s may have had this beat

Sound: 5/10 What is there to vote on, it is all dialog

Wow Factor: 3/10 WOW What a piece of crap, even to a trophy collector

Replay Value: 0/10 Once you get the plat, not reason to ever go back :deadhorse:

Multiplayer Experience: N/R - no multiplayer availible

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: 2/10 All this game is for is 10 hours of wasted time for a (P) plat

• 3 months later...

Story: 2/10 Nice tie in from case to case, all in all, just a recycled TV espisode.

Gameplay: 3/10 Point, Click, Point, Click, Whats the Point, Click, Point, Click - Have to agree with the above post

Controls: 2/10 Navigation sucks, not intuitive at all. When doing finger prints, no rhyme or reason :wtf:

Graphics: 1/10 For when this was released, way behind the times. I think Dragon's Lair for the 1980s may have had this beat

Sound: 5/10 What is there to vote on, it is all dialog

Wow Factor: 3/10 WOW What a piece of crap, even to a trophy collector

Replay Value: 0/10 Once you get the plat, not reason to ever go back :deadhorse:

Multiplayer Experience: N/R - no multiplayer availible

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: 2/10 All this game is for is 10 hours of wasted time for a (P) plat

I totally agree! Tough one to get through.

• 2 years later...