Delta Difficulty = Yawn!!!

Jungalist

This game is sooooo boring on Delta Difficulty. I mean hide, hide, hide is the tactics for this game. If you go guns blazing you just die, so you got no option but just hide. If I knew it intaled this I wouldn't of bothered. But nonetheless least I know not to buy Crysis 2 after this is completed. I mean I dont even know what I'm doing most the time in this game either, the story isn't really clear.

EDIT: Just deleted the game, it didnt sync to my trophy list so fuck am I playing this lol. Wasted £7.99 though :(

Edited by Jungalist

Play it on normal. As much of a trophy whore as I am, I always play it on the normal difficulty on my first playthrough. Tactics always need to change for harder difficulties. Normal gives you more freedom to play the game the way you would enjoy it.

Plus, playing it on normal makes playing it on harder difficulties much easier. No need for trial and error since you already know what to do and where to go. On Delta, I'm just plowing through half the game in a vehicle, and doing a little sneaking to get right up to the objective.

Play it on normal. As much of a trophy whore as I am, I always play it on the normal difficulty on my first playthrough. Tactics always need to change for harder difficulties. Normal gives you more freedom to play the game the way you would enjoy it.

Plus, playing it on normal makes playing it on harder difficulties much easier. No need for trial and error since you already know what to do and where to go. On Delta, I'm just plowing through half the game in a vehicle, and doing a little sneaking to get right up to the objective.

The reason I'm bored with it on Delta is it's not challenging enough and I don't even use vehicles. And I'm glad I started out on Delta straight away because I don't think I'd want a second playthrough. Oh well it was only $10.49 so I'll definitely get my value out of it. I still think it's okay but I stand by my assertion that Crysis 2 surpasses it in every way.

I wish this hadn't synched to my Trophy list then I would just delete it!

I might be playing it wrong but all your suit powers are worthless. The armour lasts about 2 seconds, then you die the cloak dissapears as soon as you try and take someone out quietly, everybody sees you, then you die. You cant sprint without using the power so you have to walk everywhere, very slowly then you die of boredom!! If you use the tranquiliser dart they just wake up after about 20 seconds so pointless.

The guns seem incredibly underpowered. Considering how powerfull the suit is suppose to be you think the military would have invested some money in bullets then actually penetrate enemies!

Sorry for the moan but I thought this game was supposed to be good! Glad I only paid £7.99 for it. :mad:

I wish this hadn't synched to my Trophy list then I would just delete it!

I might be playing it wrong but all your suit powers are worthless. The armour lasts about 2 seconds, then you die the cloak dissapears as soon as you try and take someone out quietly, everybody sees you, then you die. You cant sprint without using the power so you have to walk everywhere, very slowly then you die of boredom!! If you use the tranquiliser dart they just wake up after about 20 seconds so pointless.

The guns seem incredibly underpowered. Considering how powerfull the suit is suppose to be you think the military would have invested some money in bullets then actually penetrate enemies!

Sorry for the moan but I thought this game was supposed to be good! Glad I only paid £7.99 for it. :mad:

I feel the same way. I was looking for a good fps for a change (I'm not into fps, but I wanted to feel like Rambo for once =), and since "Crysis" is so famous and well rated, I couldn't resist the $10 price tag.

But no, I give up. The game is boring, I can't do anything other than hide and not even that I can do very well.

The game does change quite dramatically half way through. You go from sneaking and silencers to mini guns and a handheld nuke. Would have preferred a bit more of the latter I think.

Yea, I've got to that part now, abit more action.

Delta mode tho - still die far to fast in a fire fight, the 'armour' mode tho just doesn't work, feels like I die even faster lol

The game does change quite dramatically half way through. You go from sneaking and silencers to mini guns and a handheld nuke. Would have preferred a bit more of the latter I think.

Well, that's interesting. Maybe later I'll play the game again... but probably not on delta, I just don't have what it takes. lol

• 1 month later...

I think you all missed the point. I'll admit the Armour is more of a hindrance than a perk. But if you want Rambo, play Call of Duty. This takes strategy, patience and skill. As it's not on tight rails, there are two or three ways to approach each objective. Find your path.

• 1 month later...

while i'm not a Sam Fisher either, i prefer to use Rambo like some others. :) i just use a cloak and a suppressor to kill. you do have to hide a lot. but if you're careful, you can also kill enemies as you please. doesn't always work. glad the later half of the game, you can go Rambo on them baddies. :D though, i took ou t many enemies in the first half. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

On delta you just can't run and gun you will get torn to shreds it's all about taking your time make use of the binoculars to tag enemy patrols also I found using cloak combined with suppressor and going prone is a great way of taking out groups of enemy's. compared to cods veteran difficulty this is a lot easier than I thought.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The reason I'm bored with it on Delta is it's not challenging enough and I don't even use vehicles. And I'm glad I started out on Delta straight away because I don't think I'd want a second playthrough. Oh well it was only $10.49 so I'll definitely get my value out of it. I still think it's okay but I stand by my assertion that Crysis 2 surpasses it in every way.

Lol. Not challenging? Ok tough guy.

Ok.. for real... I'm about to start this game and I've played Crysis 2.

Is Delta truly easy enough to start on my first playthrough, or is it really better to playthrough on Easy or Normal first (to upgrade the suit, etc)? I don't mind playing it twice, but if Delta is as easy as everyone is saying I'll just start there.

Edited by glazball

• 1 month later...
This game is sooooo boring on Delta Difficulty. I mean hide, hide, hide is the tactics for this game. If you go guns blazing you just die, so you got no option but just hide. If I knew it intaled this I wouldn't of bothered. But nonetheless least I know not to buy Crysis 2 after this is completed. I mean I dont even know what I'm doing most the time in this game either, the story isn't really clear.

EDIT: Just deleted the game, it didnt sync to my trophy list so fuck am I playing this lol. Wasted £7.99 though :(

I guess you really didn't get into this game... If you complain about "hide hide hide" so i can say you if play Crysis 2 is a lot worse under this point of view. Instead this game has also chaotic parts where you have to "shoot shoot shoot" :) I only playied it on Delta, not hard at all must say. i enjoyed it a lot. Just too short.

• 1 year later...

Love this game. Love it. Got Crysis 3 for free and could borrow Crysis 2 from a friend. Played 2 for a bit and started searching for part 1. Bought it for €8. Just finished it on easiest setting, as I always do to just enjoy the game, gfx, story etc and am about a third into delta. Feels like a different game now. From eambo to switching between stealth skipping to tactical killing. I must admit I'm not a fps hero so Delta is a good challenge for me. Must of died 10x already and only on chapter 3 lol. Anyhow, that's just my 2 cents on Crysis 1 (and partly on Crysis 2). Looking forward to the other installments.

• 2 weeks later...

Delta difficulty is awesome. You must play smart through all the Korean part.

My first and only playthrough was on delta. It was quite challenging, but not as much as Killzone 3 on elite. Crysis 2 and 3 are a lot easier. Basiaclly you can spot enemies through the walls, cloak last longer and don't fall after one shot.