Tips on Delta?

Solidgear3

Shoot, hide and cloak, shoot, repeat. If you learn to make good use of stealth, going prone, and have a silencer on your guns, I'd say you should even be able to speed run through it.

I did exactly that, always ran around cloaked, found a bush to hide in and recharge the costume, rinse repeat. Remember to disable cloak before shooting or you'll waste all the suit energy. This way I could speed through most of the areas I was having troubles with, or wait in hiding until enemies had passed by me but still got the 400 kill trophy in the last level of the game.

If you are getting seen when clocked you are getting too close to the enemies or you might have the torch turned on, I did that once in the day time so I didn't realise it was on and it took me ages to realise why I was getting owned!!

What torch are you reffering too? Im still on ch 1 so if its something you get after that than i dont have it yet lol

On delta, you can basically speed run 3/4 of the game while cloaked, focus on always being covered while reloading your suit.

How come theres no guide on here explaining where to speed run too? If this games ao easy and thats all you do than how come no one can make a guide for it too help the less fortunate out lol :D

just walk step by step ! prone cloak prone regain your energy and cloak, shoot cloak shoot cloak :) I belive im in the last mission (i have to takeout this alien on the ship) and using this method I was enjoing delta mode :)

btw this game is awesome

A good tactic is: find some grass (or go behind a tree or a wall) lay in the ground (hold :circle:), disable the cloak, wait the recharge, enable cloak, walk until energy gets around 20 (don't forge to stand up tapping :circle: twice), lay, wait, etc... Easy to skip most enemies/areas.

And as someone above has already told, do not forget to switch off the cloak before shootting or else your energy goes to zero. So, if you have to shoot someone, be at a safe spot, aim, quickly tap :r2:, shoot and hit :r2: immediately after. This prevents from getting spotted most of the times.

It's funny how some of you talk about speed running on delta. It was more like tortoise running to me. Some chapters took me up to 2 hours to finish.

Any tips on fighting aliens right after coming out of the mine in delta?

As soon as you reach the alien levels, use armor instead of cloak and make a run for it. Just run of that mountain and when you reach Prophet and finish the first battle by his side, just keep running from checkpoint to checkpoint until you pass that bridge. There is no need to stop to kill aliens in chapter 8. You will finish the chapter once you get across the bridge, even when Prophet is far behind.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone an idea how to defeat the very final boss on Delta? I'm at the point where three minions show up and I have to take them out before I may use the special gun on the big boss.

However, the weird, blue super attack it launches hits me through any cover I try to take, it deletes all my nano suit energy and takes a good part of the health bar, too. I'm left completely defenseless and vulnerable after it's first attack, so as soon as the minions shoot at me, I'm dead. Even when I manage to kill all of the three smaller monsters before the first super attack, the second one will happen before I have regenerated energy and health and thus, kill me.

I see no way to dodge it and cloak doesn't work here.

Has anyone an idea how to defeat the very final boss on Delta? I'm at the point where three minions show up and I have to take them out before I may use the special gun on the big boss.

However, the weird, blue super attack it launches hits me through any cover I try to take, it deletes all my nano suit energy and takes a good part of the health bar, too. I'm left completely defenseless and vulnerable after it's first attack, so as soon as the minions shoot at me, I'm dead. Even when I manage to kill all of the three smaller monsters before the first super attack, the second one will happen before I have regenerated energy and health and thus, kill me.

I see no way to dodge it and cloak doesn't work here.

You can run past the fire and hide at the other side of the bridge where it can't hit you. Just lure the smaller aliens towards you and take them out. Reload suit energy and health, wait till the boss has made one of his all-powerful strikes, then come from behind the wall and fire the TAC cannon. Then repeat procedure.

It's very easy this way, and because of the enormous cover you have, you won't get hit by the boss's attacks at all. Just make sure you have enough ammo before you run to the other side.

• 3 weeks later...

Judging from some of the unfinished games on some of these trophy lists, I can't understand how people would consider this game easy. It's not impossible to plat but it's becoming a real pain in my ass! Half the time enemies don't show up on the radar and stealth doesn't seem to work all the time. So frustrated with this damn game!

• 3 weeks later...
Judging from some of the unfinished games on some of these trophy lists, I can't understand how people would consider this game easy. It's not impossible to plat but it's becoming a real pain in my ass! Half the time enemies don't show up on the radar and stealth doesn't seem to work all the time. So frustrated with this damn game!

Your not the only one, i was having loads of issues with enemies so i gave up on it and will pick it up again at a later time, just too frustrating!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to try and plat this game and have Delta left. I think most of them are fairly easy with some tactic. the big problem i foresee is the final boss. With it being so powered up and the smaller machines shooting up the place, i always end up being pushed up into a corner where i can't do much of anything.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is not exactly easy, but by no means is it hard.

The last boss was almost too easy. Just stay in cover, cloaked, take out each turret(2 on a side) and wait for you ship to take out the shield(The arm will glow for a short period).

I, basically, ignored the flying enemies(squid creatures). Just stayed in cover, cloaked, until I was ready to fire the big gun.

Once I determined the pattern, this was battle was finished the second time!

• 3 weeks later...

Was finding this game brutal when I first started playing it because I wasn't properly using the cloak ability.If you approach enemies head on,especially groups of them,you will die a lot & playing this game will become needlessly frustrating.On delta, if enemies spot you,they will fire at you with pin point accuracy,finishing you off very swiftly.Taking time planning attacks is crucial,making sure to spot enemies using the binoculars,as rushing in all guns blazing is pointless and not the way to play this on delta.Once the mechanics of this game have been sussed,it becomes much more enjoyable to play.

Edited by zhk01