Quick and easy?

pmm_fin

As in 2 and completed in one day? Hell no! I've played easy games but how can anyone call this quick or easy on Delta difficulty? You are spotted at ridiculous distances by enemies who won't really lose you even if stealthing and are extremely accurate. Enemies are numerous and constantly rush upon you from jungle. You are basically instantly dead if you get surprised and get thrown back to the checkpoint few dozen enemies back where it took you 15-20 minutes of carefull sneaking to be where you were before single undetected enemy screwed it all. Vehicles would make it litttle quicker but you are basically instantly dead if you drive them for any distance :mad:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on how you approach the game. If you manage your energy bar and maintain stealth and cover you can breeze past most the levels. Don't be overzealous and sprint too much especially around enemy encampments. If you hear talking by enemies slow down take cover and try to spot them with your visor while in stealth mode.

Stealth is ok but when moving it runs out super fast. When you unstealth, it's like the enemies instantly know where you are again. I've been now trying to take out the village with a school and a hostage by first sniping from the distance and then moving in and useing silenced rifle. There are just like 100 enemies and no matter which corner I take, there's 4-5 more and they are impossible to take out silently. If you break out a firefight, all the rest come rushing at you from every direction and you are dead.

That's half the fun of this game IMHO

Crysis 2 was a piece of piss to finish and the stealth was way too over powered.

I remember playing 2 thinking "this is pathetic, what happened to the challenge that Delta difficulty was"

Granted, it isn't as hard as I remember, but still, it's a decent challenge.

Isn't that the point of games?

Jeez!

Go back to the days when "normal" difficulty was as hard as most Supersoldier/Nightmare/superhuman/extra hard difficulties are now, throw in the fact that regenerating health wasn't invented and checkpoints were few and far between and your average gamer now would shit a brick. :D

Stealth is ok but when moving it runs out super fast. When you unstealth, it's like the enemies instantly know where you are again. I've been now trying to take out the village with a school and a hostage by first sniping from the distance and then moving in and useing silenced rifle. There are just like 100 enemies and no matter which corner I take, there's 4-5 more and they are impossible to take out silently. If you break out a firefight, all the rest come rushing at you from every direction and you are dead.

It requires some tactics. When your energy is running to about 50% look for cover/bushes to hide in and regenerate before you move again.

Whenever you approach a heavily fortified position make use of the buildings. Enter in a building undetected and clear it out in CQC and generally the enemies from outside will not come in (unless the building is small in which case guard the door with a shotgun and blast enemies as they enter).

That's half the fun of this game IMHO

Crysis 2 was a piece of piss to finish and the stealth was way too over powered.

I remember playing 2 thinking "this is pathetic, what happened to the challenge that Delta difficulty was"

Granted, it isn't as hard as I remember, but still, it's a decent challenge.

Isn't that the point of games?

Jeez!

Go back to the days when "normal" difficulty was as hard as most Supersoldier/Nightmare/superhuman/extra hard difficulties are now, throw in the fact that regenerating health wasn't invented and checkpoints were few and far between and your average gamer now would shit a brick. :D

Isn't this why most of us here are trophy hunters. Games today are far too trivial and doing all the extra challenges/hard runs make it much more satisfying.

Isn't this why most of us here are trophy hunters. Games today are far too trivial and doing all the extra challenges/hard runs make it much more satisfying.

Haha!

not sure whether or not you're agreeing with me.

But, honestly, I hunt trophies secondary to enjoying the game.

And I love a good challenge.

I just wanted to make the point that this game is nothing on the difficulty scale compared to say Quake on the hardest difficulty. Or more recently, maybe Devil may cry!

Those games kicked my ass once I upped the difficulty, Games nowadays. for the most part, just don't

Haha!

not sure whether or not you're agreeing with me.

But, honestly, I hunt trophies secondary to enjoying the game.

And I love a good challenge.

I just wanted to make the point that this game is nothing on the difficulty scale compared to say Quake on the hardest difficulty. Or more recently, maybe Devil may cry!

Those games kicked my ass once I upped the difficulty, Games nowadays. for the most part, just don't

I was agreeing with you for the most part. Games today on easy and normal are piss boring you can run into bullets and melee everyone to advance and etc. I always play on hard mode this generation even if I don't get the platinum just because I find the challenge more engaging and fun than a mindless run through on easy mode.

I found a few parts on Delta difficult (particularly levels 3 & 4), but I didn't think any were too taxing. Some sequences required a trial and error approach to find the ideal route. Sometimes, I found it best just to sprint to the objective to get a checkpoint, or bypass large groups of enemies altogether if I was well-stocked with munition.

Also, it's worth noting that the second half of the game is significantly easier than the first half, as it plays more like your typical shooter fare and doesn't usually require much stealth. I got the platinum over the course of around 3 days.

Edited by privatetoast

Treat it like splinter cell.. slow and steady. A great technique I sort of just stumbled into using to get around the ridiculous accuracy and detection skills of the enemy, is click R2 to put the stealth on like normal, walk within firing range of your group of enemies.

Now, aim at the enemy your going to kill first. Before shooting, push R2 to take OFF the stealth, fire and kill the enemy, and then push R2 again quickly to put it back on. that way it doesnt deplete all of your energy. If your quick enough you can kill the entire group right in front of their faces and they wont find you

Yeah, I noticed that just ignoring the enemies and sneaking/sprinting to next checkpoint speeds up the progress but still, 2?!? That's less than Sly 1 or Burnout Paradise that had nothing hard whatsoever.

I feel some voters are on a power trip or simply ignoring the rule NOT to factor time required into their score.

I found a few parts on Delta difficult (particularly levels 3 & 4), but I didn't think any were too taxing. Some sequences required a trial and error approach to find the ideal route. Sometimes, I found it best just to sprint to the objective to get a checkpoint, or bypass large groups of enemies altogether if I was well-stocked with munition.

Also, it's worth noting that the second half of the game is significantly easier than the first half, as it plays more like your typical shooter fare and doesn't usually require much stealth. I got the platinum over the course of around 3 days.

The 2nd part is easier? I'm having big difficulties in the Alien part. I float and float without finding an exit and then 3-7 aliens come to my dirrection and I die because I don't have any munition.

As in 2 and completed in one day? Hell no! I've played easy games but how can anyone call this quick or easy on Delta difficulty?

agree.

the amount of people that voted a 2 in the plat difficulty thread is insane. as i stated in that thread, yes, it's no COD on veteran, but it isn't a 2 either imo.

plenty of aggrivation and swarms of enemies that can kill you in 2-3 shots with no problem. at least that's been my experience so far.

The 2nd part is easier? I'm having big difficulties in the Alien part. I float and float without finding an exit and then 3-7 aliens come to my dirrection and I die because I don't have any munition.

Nevermind... I just passed this part... Was trapped in a part with much aliens and a glass "door" which don't opened. :) now this is over :)

For those saying it cannot be completed in less than 2 days yes it can. I would've had this beat within 8 hours of it's release (and download to my console) if I didn't have to go to school the following morning. Check the platinum leaderboard:

Crysis Platinum Club - PSNProfiles.com

There are 14 people who have beaten it in less than 24 hours so far.

Nevermind... I just passed this part... Was trapped in a part with much aliens and a glass "door" which don't opened. :) now this is over :)

I'm glad you found your way.

That was a damn confusing level to navigate (I got lost too), but I didn't think it was difficult. Having the shotgun equipped made the enemies a piece of cake. My biggest advice to anyone stuck in that level is follow the lights, and equip the shotgun.

Am sick of people wanting to know the "quickest & easiest" games to buff up their profile!

Here's an idea, play a challenging game so you have trophies to be proud of...:facepalm:

people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. i personally could care less about the games people choose to play, but dude...

we can all click on your gamer card and see plenty of "quick and easy" games on your profile, so you can stop talking down to people now.

people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. i personally could care less about the games people choose to play, but dude...

we can all click on your gamer card and see plenty of "quick and easy" games on your profile, so you can stop talking down to people now.

Investigative Research, +1