Is multiplayer dead?

Vicx

I probably should've asked this before purchasing, but is the multiplayer dead? I've tried connecting to every single mode, there's literally no one except me.

I even bought the bundle with the multiplayer maps for another $10, please don't tell me that's money down the drain..

so when I'm sitting in the lobby and it says "waiting for 5 more players" does that actually mean it's searching for servers to join, or is it just sitting there doing nothing and just waiting for people to join?

you just have to wait 1-2 minutes, it'll find a game. It doesn't matter though, this is the worst online FPS ever. Not only is there massive connection lag, there's also massive input lag AND massive frame rate lag (runs at like 10-15fps on average), it plays like shit on PS3.

you just have to wait 1-2 minutes, it'll find a game. It doesn't matter though, this is the worst online FPS ever. Not only is there massive connection lag, there's also massive input lag AND massive frame rate lag (runs at like 10-15fps on average), it plays like shit on PS3.

Haven't encountered that many frame rate issues so far, but the connection lag and input lag are part of the steep learning curve of this game. Eventually you'll get the hang of it, but it'll be quite frustrating until then.. :(

how long have you played for? I've only played for about 4-5 hours and the frame rate dips are insane and VERY frequent. Every time someone calls in an airstrike the entire game crawls for about 5 seconds, it's completely hopeless. I've never seen anything as bad as this, not just regarding FPSs, but ALL games I've ever played on PS3.

how long have you played for? I've only played for about 4-5 hours and the frame rate dips are insane and VERY frequent. Every time someone calls in an airstrike the entire game crawls for about 5 seconds, it's completely hopeless. I've never seen anything as bad as this, not just regarding FPSs, but ALL games I've ever played on PS3.

I'm Level 39 now, so probably 35-40 hours. I've never had the framerate drop that much. Perhaps it has something to do with your connection speed, the PS3 itself should be able to handle it.

The lag on this game is horrible and I think more than enough people suffer from it for the problem to be related to a poor connection. So much about the MP is very fustrating, but on the few occassions where the lag disappears and the game seems to work properly its amazing. I really hope they can get it right for Crysis 3 all of the time.

that doesn't make sense, it HAS been dumbed down for consoles but it runs more like a nightmare. I've played pretty much all the FPSs on PS3 and nothing runs as bad as this, nothing comes close.

I completely agree. Medal of Honor comes close at times, but every other FPS (hell every other game I've played online) has been a lot more stable. I rarely have problems with other games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hmm all the issues you guys are talking about dont rlly seem to happen with me

i experienced many freezes on the xbox 360 and just 1 on ps3 multyplayer isn't dead though lots of people still play alot of crysis 2 though not neaaaarly as much as cod so it takes a little while to load a game. other than that i don't rlly get that much issues.

as far as frame rate drops iv not seen any but iv only played about 15 hours of MP.

WTF?! this game has the WORST framerate and the WORST framerate drops I've ever seen in an FPS on any console from this and last generation. That's the main reason I quit this game, it's just ridiculously bad. I don't even play CoD so I'm not spoiled by expecting all games to have 60fps, it's just that Crysis2 is incredible laggy and unoptimized.

WTF?! this game has the WORST framerate and the WORST framerate drops I've ever seen in an FPS on any console from this and last generation. That's the main reason I quit this game, it's just ridiculously bad. I don't even play CoD so I'm not spoiled by expecting all games to have 60fps, it's just that Crysis2 is incredible laggy and unoptimized.

i don't see it . the only time i can recall frame drop is when that beam shoots from the sky and someone threw a flash at me and shot me with the Kvolt ... that's the only time i remember seeing any at all it plays pretty much 100% fine for me (ignoring the horrible matchmaking)

but its not as smooth as it should and could be.

in fact i just read what you put on the first page and you are talking outa your arse mate .. you must be, have you ever seen a game dip to 10-15 frames at average .. i doubt if you think crysis is doing so... go play skyrim for more than 60 min then you will see frame drop to single digits .

say you don't play COD yet MW3 is in you recent trophies.

Black ops 1 had a bad frame drop on the map summit when certain kill streaks were called in that only fell by a small amount(depending on how many players were on that map in that area) and it was very very obvious.

the input lag is the only truthful thing you have said.

if you don't like the game that's fine but don't lie about it whats the point.

Edited by Johnny Bananas
merge; please use the edit button instead of double posting

havent seen any frame rate drops except maybe once too but the game IS horrible imo :whistle:

roscoe could u explain something to me as u seem to know everything? :D

i have someone down my sites, i m shooting at him and it seems i m hitting him too but when i look at it from the kill cam (after he kills me that is) it looks like i been shooting at... nothing and he is standing like 2 or 3 ft away (left or right from where i was shooting, it doesnt matter) shooting at me without even being shot once... strange isnt it?

now if you check my trophy list like you did with the previous fella you ll see i ve played a ton of mp games and i can tell for sure i never had any connection problems or lag in any of those so unless everybody in this game is using a lag switch something is seriously wrong

havent seen any frame rate drops except maybe once too but the game IS horrible imo :whistle:

roscoe could u explain something to me as u seem to know everything? :D

i have someone down my sites, i m shooting at him and it seems i m hitting him too but when i look at it from the kill cam (after he kills me that is) it looks like i been shooting at... nothing and he is standing like 2 or 3 ft away (left or right from where i was shooting, it doesnt matter) shooting at me without even being shot once... strange isnt it?

now if you check my trophy list like you did with the previous fella you ll see i ve played a ton of mp games and i can tell for sure i never had any connection problems or lag in any of those so unless everybody in this game is using a lag switch something is seriously wrong

ok what you just explained is lag . as pretty much every one on this thread has said the matchmaking is awful. every MP game iv played i have great connection but not in crysis its either good or terrible. So no its not strange not really sure what your trying to prove considering all iv said to you and the other guy is there isn't frame drop, online isn't dead and there is input lag

i don't claim to know everything but iv used common sense. like i tried to explain to you in the previous thread if the game is dead online how come i can get a match every single time i search for one.

not really sure why you came into this thread and replayed to a comment that had nothing to do with the comments i made in this thread.

in the boosting thread you said MP was dead but this thread disagrees with you. its fine if you don't like the game i couldn't care less if my life depended on it.

look you argued with me in the boosting thread and clearly you came in here to do the same why whats the point if MP was as dead as you say then alot of ppl would have trouble finding a game .. but they don't .. sooooo whats the point you think you are making.

lol the point is that its an awful game

we agree it has a terrible match making system and that it has a lot of lag

and btw it never took me less than 5 minutes to get in any of the most popular type of games and on onslaught or crash site sometimes i would end up in a lobby with one or two more people waiting for ever...

if thats not dead i dont know what is...

lol the point is that its an awful game

we agree it has a terrible match making system and that it has a lot of lag

and btw it never took me less than 5 minutes to get in any of the most popular type of games and on onslaught or crash site sometimes i would end up in a lobby with one or two more people waiting for ever...

if thats not dead i dont know what is...

the objective game types yer you do seem to wait a little longer i agree but i can still find games every time i search. crash site is by far the easiest game type to get in other than TDM.

when the game came out i ended up in loads of ghost lobby's .. where its just you and maybe someone else waiting for eternity its happened on loads of shooter games. homefront, black ops, ect..

so if you think its an awful game why are you in its threads.

i hate ghost recon games i think they suck completely but im not guna go be a gimp in there threads just cus i think its awful.

and if you overall point was its an awful game then you must be extremely immature.

whereas my overall point was it isn't dead and doesn't run at an average of 10-15 FPS.

my overall point was that it IS dead and laggy

the awfull game part was a joke but you failed to perceive it

and cant understand your reason of asking me why being in the threads saying it is awfull

only people who have nice things to say about it should be here? :D

the only immature here is you since you have failed to comprehend what people in this site do and went even further by calling me names...

its called ps3trophies and aims at helping people get trophies and find boosting/co-op partners no matter what they think about the game itself

try getting some! ;)

my overall point was that it IS dead and laggy

the awfull game part was a joke but you failed to perceive it

and cant understand your reason of asking me why being in the threads saying it is awfull

only people who have nice things to say about it should be here? :D

the only immature here is you since you have failed to comprehend what people in this site do and went even further by calling me names...

its called ps3trophies and aims at helping people get trophies and find boosting/co-op partners no matter what they think about the game itself

try getting some! ;)

oh good god ..

laggy .. yes .. dead no as many ppl have said.

i called you immature because your acting like a fool its not just me who said the game isn't dead but for whatever reason you have some trouble accepting than others can find games no problem.and the fact you clearly went out of your way to reply to me in a different thread when i was taking to some else about something completely unrelated to what we were on about in the boosting thread just proves it.

would it not have been simpler to just not reply to me after we was asked to keep the boosting thread on topic ... also they guy who said that also said MP wasn't dead.

honestly you're making yourself look foolish. all iv done is disagree and tell you why i don't think its dead.

you have problems getting into games... i don't. the lag is there due to the terrible matchmaking i doubt anyone could defend that.

this is just stupid all this because i disagreed in a different thread.

didn't get out of my way as you say to reply to u mate

the title of the thread is "is the mp dead?"

thats what i replied to and thats all

all the time its taking to put me in a game combined with some empty lobbies made me think it is dead, dont see something foolish here

again but you keep calling me names because i disagree

anyway i have my opinion like you have yours, not gonna drop to your level

and continue this argument, good luck with getting the plat ;)