Takes so freaking long!!

juliav

I've been playing this game since March 2014, with the intention to get a platinum, and it takes insanely long! I had accumulated around 12 000+ PP with over 15 usable stat-ups and pretty confidently entered the post-game. I successfully got to the part when you have gathered all the playable characters, but then...! I got stuck with the second boss I met (the Rune Blade) and that's when I had to use all my PP. I barely got it killed after that. I checked the stats of the next bosses after Rune Blade and got this sinking feeling..... they're WAY overpowered with lots of HP and really high levels.

Sooo... I've decided to start gathering PP again with multiple story playthroughs (about 3000PP + 15 usable stat-ups per playthrough), with the intention to triple my PP to 36 000 with 40 usable statups, and THEN try again the postgame. But I still feel a bit dubious. Just how has anyone ever beat the last post-game boss which is lvl 999 with over million HP??

Any advice? :|

But then again, I have been thinking maybe I'm going way overboard with 36000PP and that there's some trick to it which I haven't realized yet. Though I've been studying about the differences of AGI and LCK and which is the better one to invest in. I've noticed I haven't paid much attention to my LCK with my party, and that maybe that is the reason I've been... well, unlucky. :p

Damn it, Cross Edge, I will master you one day! Just like the awful monstrous Mugen Souls which I grinded for ages.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been playing this game since March 2014, with the intention to get a platinum, and it takes insanely long!

Uhh, unless you count 100 hours as insanely long, no it doesn't. I completed it in about maybe 90-120 hours in one NG. Never used a single PP or stat up item. It's all about equipments and getting as much AP/ATK/INT as possible. Party members also matter as some combo a lot better than others.

Refer to my post a few years ago...it might help you:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/cross-edge/119902-platting-game.html

I remember being stuck at 5-3 and it was driving me crazy passing the vermillion...but the funny thing was, I had all the right stuff in my inventory, I just was t using the optimal weapons/ buff ups...

It's been a while, but I do remember putting like 6 STR+ 55 on my melds fighters and then INT+55 on vivi (magic user)...I also remember my team was York, meu, Felicia and vivi...and my York and Felicia dominated by themselves

Just look up good combos and with those STR+ 55's equipped you should be golden!

Uhh, unless you count 100 hours as insanely long, no it doesn't. I completed it in about maybe 90-120 hours in one NG. Never used a single PP or stat up item. It's all about equipments and getting as much AP/ATK/INT as possible. Party members also matter as some combo a lot better than others.

Hmm, alright. :p Good to know I'm just not extremely slow.. even though I think I am. By the way, I spent over 999 hours with Mugen Souls, lol.

I do think about equipments and of course upgrade and composite them with the best things I can. But one of the problems is that, when you've made a really good, say, Black Frame and then you find something even better like an X-Frame, you realize you don't want to use up your best composite items to it. Instead, I'd go just with the Black Frame until I really have to use something better. And I don't know what kind of even more awesome armors I'll be getting later.

Now that I have gone to the postgame with paying most attention to my LCK and VIT, I've done well. My party members can't do good combos together but I have Ayatane and Morrigan as main attackers with Marie healing and Marie/Prinny together lowering stats for the enemies.

Refer to my post a few years ago...it might help you:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/cross-edge/119902-platting-game.html

I remember being stuck at 5-3 and it was driving me crazy passing the vermillion...but the funny thing was, I had all the right stuff in my inventory, I just was t using the optimal weapons/ buff ups...

It's been a while, but I do remember putting like 6 STR+ 55 on my melds fighters and then INT+55 on vivi (magic user)...I also remember my team was York, meu, Felicia and vivi...and my York and Felicia dominated by themselves

Just look up good combos and with those STR+ 55's equipped you should be golden!

Thank you! I think I've actually read some of that post earlier. And yes, those STR+ 55 are in use already and they do help. :) I'm also planning to put some INT+55s to my magic user but I don't want to sacrifice my two X-Frames for them, I'm waiting until I can synthesize some X-Frames on my own. Until that I'm going with INT+40. Also, Prometheus Rings are reeaallly helpful with the HP Recovery 15%, I have those on all my characters.

I know it's not fun, but taking the time to really understand combos and proper teams will actually save you a lot of time and headache. You basically just want a team that can do one physical and one magical "best" rank combos. Fanatic Rave (physical) + Ragnarok (magical) -- and you will pretty much be set for 5-3. I'd caution to avoid using a character who is mainly Dark elemental (e.g. Mimi).

This character skills chart was the single most useful document for planning teams in my time with the game (just look at the Skill Type column and use characters that complement each other):

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=roAm_bOGyKQJmVR5EdAUwFQ&gid=1

Yeah, I'm aware of this. But now that I'm on 5-3, defeated a few of the easier bossies, been grinding for some time and studied pretty much everything about my team and the characters I've chosen, it's impossible to change any of them anymore! But I think it's pretty balanced with two strong physical ones, one mage (not Mimi though) and one as a back-up / overall helper with fights. But thanks for the info and the link! :)