how to obtain new skills?

D_E

in the catalog menu it said raise up the old skill to get new ones, but so far i got only 3 skills for york & other players, york skills all in level 3 (snipe-massacare-quick shot) i also still didnt aquared any of the RANGE 2 skills,

if i am playing with a fix party that would mean i wont gain new skills for the others outside the party, which is lame though, i am currently shifting my party since when i started palying the game.

my question: how do the skills level up, is it by performing it only or you need to kill the enemy with it,& does doing the skill more than 1 time give it more exp to build & level up or not (using it once is enough)?

Use the skill multiple times and they gain skill exp, the stronger the enemy the faster the skill levels up, you don't get skill exp for moves used in a chain (you get for starting it but when they're ready for a combo and you use it you don't get it) Also you can still get skill exp on overkills.

Use the skill multiple times and they gain skill exp, the stronger the enemy the faster the skill levels up, you don't get skill exp for moves used in a chain (you get for starting it but when they're ready for a combo and you use it you don't get it) Also you can still get skill exp on overkills.

Yeah and it also helps to use all the skills available for 1 person and not to single out 1 skill!

It gets you faster to a new skill by having 2 skills at lvl 2 than 1 at level 3 and 1 at level 1.

how do they actually level up!!! do i need to finish the fight with those characters, meaning if i used a skill to kill a monster then i changed the character does the skill i used gain exp or do i have to finish the fight while that character in my party?

also does the type of enemy differs the exp obtained for the exp, meaning .....how about just go & face easy monsters from level 1-1 & beat the crap out of them, does the skill exp differs from strong to weak enemy or the point is just using it repeatedly so it wil gain exp at fix amount & level up?

i still dont have a Range skill 2 attack , i am at wilkiet 2-3 now with average 39 level ( just entered the the world)

i am reely sory about this, i would like to add changing the character from the battle & finishing it with that character not including when you end the battle in youre party his skills doesnt increase, i did a test for this last night after my post

wait, does this mean I need to let the time run out before every attack for my skills to level up? is that what you mean by "moves used in a chain"? or do you just mean the final move of a combo doesnt skill it up?

• 2 weeks later...

anyone knows a good place to level up skills? i am at 4-1 in the 1st event, all my characters got 4 level skills or higher, most has 6 skills , some 7 & one (marie) 8 so i finished from her already

anyone knows a good place to level up skills? i am at 4-1 in the 1st event, all my characters got 4 level skills or higher, most has 6 skills , some 7 & one (marie) 8 so i finished from her already

It's already been mentioned before, but simply find a monster that absorbs a certain element (such as the Flame Knights or Ice Knights in 4-1 for example) and then equip a weapon that has the element that they absorb. When you attack them, you will heal them instead of hurt them, but you will also deal damage to their break gauge. When you break them, you receive your AP back. As soon as you break them, stop attacking and then start a new combo. This will reset their break gauge, allowing you to break them again and restore your AP.

Of course, this requires you to be able to break the enemy with half of your AP, so weaker enemies will be easier to break over and over again. However, the trade off is that weaker enemies will level up your higher level skills slower.

It's already been mentioned before, but simply find a monster that absorbs a certain element (such as the Flame Knights or Ice Knights in 4-1 for example) and then equip a weapon that has the element that they absorb. When you attack them, you will heal them instead of hurt them, but you will also deal damage to their break gauge. When you break them, you receive your AP back. As soon as you break them, stop attacking and then start a new combo. This will reset their break gauge, allowing you to break them again and restore your AP.

Of course, this requires you to be able to break the enemy with half of your AP, so weaker enemies will be easier to break over and over again. However, the trade off is that weaker enemies will level up your higher level skills slower.

i know this method but i dont like it, cause how many times am i going to do this combo to level that skill , i am trying to find i good level with monsters acceptable to battle normally, so far i find 3-2 & 3-3 where a good places.... but the extra dungoen 2 in wilkiet battling mucrane was another good thing , the problem mucranes attack are reely strong

you dont play much do you. how about just getting to 5-1 and then train there or something.

am playing alot but not moving from 1 area to another that easily, i have now surpassed the enemies level in 3-3 &4-1, ill be stronger to in 4-2 & will become more in 4-3, i am moving very slowly , i want to do things now cause i want to beat all those bosses in my 1st encounter with them while not needing to level up just to beat them

will , i am also doing these stuff, but as i am fucosing doing this now so i wont shuffle my party later, so i can play fix party all the time, i already synthesized all the wepons that i have in the synth menu, but not all upgraded to items as ill do this later, my goal is to make all my old character ( not including lazarus & raizen & who comes after except the darkstalkers characters & hopefully troy only) when i finish from them ill start doing the newcomers later as i advance far from my spot now, i am at the last event in 4-1 , bourd was easy , took him out in the 2nd turn of my turn with full AP

isnt there a skill (mix combo skill ) involving the the lsat type of magic (there is fire-water-wind-earth-holy-dark & the last one) pells like fro miesha (stubbern father ) & liminus glow from meu , then to be combined with aurica's Boo or my hero spell??

its not working, i am talking about the mix skill with the range 2 attack involved no magic skill!!

i just didt it, after you finish mix rank 2 combo, you need to do rank 3 range(genesis drive) then do the magic skill level 3 HE-3

Edited by D_E