XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 06-02-2009, 01:34 AM   #1
sakanakami

Default Costumes

Does anyone know how to unlock the costumes? I have the database but when I go to costumes they're all ?'s.
sakanakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
k-topher

You begin to get costumes at around 20 souls I believe.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
sakanakami

I'm not sure how many souls I have, but I got my first costumes about a half hour after I posted this.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 AM   #4
Korix

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Well, fuck, I'll give it a shot then: When will I get some costumes?

No, really, I need to know the requirements. There's a list of them in the database for a reason. They can't all be related to souls. Does that listing include the requirements? Do you automatically get them or do you need to go to the database, like with titles? If you have to go there, are you notified you've met the criteria, or do you have to guess, like with titles... again?

EDIT: After a while, I went to the database to go ahead and check on things. All of a sudden, a few costume names have appeared (and not on the first few pages, either) and each one (of about 8) has the same unlock requirement: Release souls. One was ready for me: Boost Rouge for Lily. So, it seems like this is as annoying as I thought it might be.

This game definitely has a lot going on, a good thing, but the learning curve and absence of notification is ridiculous. I would have dealt with another two month delay if that meant I'd know how to play the game within 10 hours of starting. Instead, I'm flipping through the relatively anorexic manual and googling everything I can think of, searching for an English speaker who's played the Japanese version that's been out almost a year. You'd think that, with that much time passed, people would have posted answers to the multitude of questions people ask. I'm using the GameSpot forums right now for most of my learning, but as evidenced above, it's far from the library of information we're looking for. I had to fall into costumes on my own.
Do not have anything in Boy's stomach. Eat an animal, i.e. dog, and a person. Then press and hold R2 to fart/poop them out of Boy's rear end. They will be combined and the trophy will pop up.

Last edited by Korix; 06-03-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Korix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #5
Blood_Runs_Cold

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I don't know how the costume thing works either. I think it might have to do with certain character levels. One minute, I have all ????'s in the database, and after leveling my guys up a couple of times, I have outfits all over the place. I'm guessing that level makes the costumes available, and souls unlock them.
I know for sure that not all costumes are unlocked with just souls, but once available in the database, the outfit you look at gives a hint how to unlock it.... So far, thay all say "release souls" so...
Blood_Runs_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #6
sakanakami

Yeah, that's the way it was for me. I don't know what the criteria is to be able to see if what costumes you can check to see what you need to unlock the costume. I went from all ?'s to unlocking 5 costumes in a half hour. I've unlocked 1 or 2 since my first 5. Also, to unlock gallary art, you have to unlock costumes. I stumbled across that shortly after my first costumes. So far, all of the costumes that I can see all say to 'release souls' to unlock as well.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #7
Blood_Runs_Cold

Thinking back, I'm pretty sure I had no costumes unlocked in the database before I went into the second dungeon. After exiting the dungeon onto the 3rd layer, I found a couple of events that had to do with Lily and co, and Meu.
After the events, BAM! I had the boost costume for Lily and the casual wear for Meu.

Don't quote me on this, but the events might have alot to do with revealing the costumes in the database, and the current amount of souls you found will make them available to wear.

Just an idea.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
sakanakami

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure. I wasn't able to get any costumes until I found the second save point in the third world, so that's quite possible.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #9
Korix

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I'm still on 2-1 and haven't entered the second dungeon, so they're attainable early.
Do not have anything in Boy's stomach. Eat an animal, i.e. dog, and a person. Then press and hold R2 to fart/poop them out of Boy's rear end. They will be combined and the trophy will pop up.
Korix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
Blood_Runs_Cold

2-1 is after you get Felicia, but before you get Etna? If so, yeah, we are in pretty much the same place.