Costumes

sakanakami

Well, fuck, I'll give it a shot then: When will I get some costumes?

No, really, I need to know the requirements. There's a list of them in the database for a reason. They can't all be related to souls. Does that listing include the requirements? Do you automatically get them or do you need to go to the database, like with titles? If you have to go there, are you notified you've met the criteria, or do you have to guess, like with titles... again?

EDIT: After a while, I went to the database to go ahead and check on things. All of a sudden, a few costume names have appeared (and not on the first few pages, either) and each one (of about 8) has the same unlock requirement: Release souls. One was ready for me: Boost Rouge for Lily. So, it seems like this is as annoying as I thought it might be.

This game definitely has a lot going on, a good thing, but the learning curve and absence of notification is ridiculous. I would have dealt with another two month delay if that meant I'd know how to play the game within 10 hours of starting. Instead, I'm flipping through the relatively anorexic manual and googling everything I can think of, searching for an English speaker who's played the Japanese version that's been out almost a year. You'd think that, with that much time passed, people would have posted answers to the multitude of questions people ask. I'm using the GameSpot forums right now for most of my learning, but as evidenced above, it's far from the library of information we're looking for. I had to fall into costumes on my own.

Edited by Korix

I don't know how the costume thing works either. I think it might have to do with certain character levels. One minute, I have all ????'s in the database, and after leveling my guys up a couple of times, I have outfits all over the place. I'm guessing that level makes the costumes available, and souls unlock them.

I know for sure that not all costumes are unlocked with just souls, but once available in the database, the outfit you look at gives a hint how to unlock it.... So far, thay all say "release souls" so...

Yeah, that's the way it was for me. I don't know what the criteria is to be able to see if what costumes you can check to see what you need to unlock the costume. I went from all ?'s to unlocking 5 costumes in a half hour. I've unlocked 1 or 2 since my first 5. Also, to unlock gallary art, you have to unlock costumes. I stumbled across that shortly after my first costumes. So far, all of the costumes that I can see all say to 'release souls' to unlock as well.

Thinking back, I'm pretty sure I had no costumes unlocked in the database before I went into the second dungeon. After exiting the dungeon onto the 3rd layer, I found a couple of events that had to do with Lily and co, and Meu.

After the events, BAM! I had the boost costume for Lily and the casual wear for Meu.

Don't quote me on this, but the events might have alot to do with revealing the costumes in the database, and the current amount of souls you found will make them available to wear.

Just an idea.

For all of the costumes you have to release a certain amount of souls to get them, so get busy searching (using a map makes this much easier, though many souls require higher search levels).

As you get further though many costumes will also require you to have viewed certain events in order to attain them, in addition to the soul requirement.

What level are you? I'm 18 right now.

Three of my characters are 19 except for Felicia, who fell behind after dying against Etna. I'm surprised Etna went up as fast as she did, after I fought her, I threw her in the party.

I've heard some not so great things about etna, but she seems to be working fine for me. With 2 ATK 15 skills equiped on her, her attackes are doing about 800-900 damage every time. Thats good enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...

all the customes get availabe in the database after viewing EVENTS , either the story related even ts or the side stories that leads to the trueth ending, if you are following a guide for it , then you are bound to get them all , just check every time you find a sve point if there are new customes or not,

about the titles every time you go to a sve point go check the list for updates.

Also, the final costumes for everyone is unlocked when you get every character, so if you're missing some characters like Lilith or Dimitri, you won't be able to unlock those costumes.

The sixth costume for every female is unlocked through the hot springs events and I believe those can be missed as well, so some costumes seem to be missable.

Damn, that suck to hear. I am almost positive I won't be getting the hot spring event. I don't know how I could have missed it either.

Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to play this out and hope by the time I'm ready to start up a new game, there will be more info and complete walkthoughs for it.:(

Damn, that suck to hear. I am almost positive I won't be getting the hot spring event. I don't know how I could have missed it either.

Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to play this out and hope by the time I'm ready to start up a new game, there will be more info and complete walkthoughs for it.:(

there is already one out, check gamefaqs,

• 5 weeks later...

I have been playing this game for a few hours now and have gotten 5 costumes and unlocked around 10 you can get them on list by viewing cut-scenes or events but to unlock you need to get souls. There is alot of back tracking to get souls but is worth it if you like the costumes and extra exp for players you dont use as much, just switch in the lower lvl chars when you go back to search... unless you use a guide and just know where to go for your next soul.:p

i finished the game now on post game 5-1 , but i am missing etna's custrome 134 , damn this, i dont know how i miised her event now i need to repeat the game ng+ to platinum
I am halfway through & know i have 2 redo the game ; ; is way to hard 4 platinum unless you follow a guide but i hate reading & playing a game rather just enjoy it but i <3 platinum trophies is a burn having to get everythin