IGN review

Ether999

I really hope that it is wrong. I am desperately needing an RPG with trophies. I guess I should clarify a JRPG with trophies. I miss the classic turn based systems and the spiky haired, amnesia ridden main characters.

And what were the high user reviews all about? Hardcore fanboys, or small glimmers of hope?

It's a niche game and not a hyped action or shooting game that appeals to the mindless masses. So of course the big biaised "review" websites will give it half the score it deserves. Nowadays, review scores are only an indicator of how mainstream a game is, not of it's actual quality, content or fun factor.

Check out a few user reviews (those that try to be objective at least), and if you've got a few dollars to spare, rent it first. Trying it yourself is the only reliable way of knowing if you'll like a game or not.

The only reviews I actually find myself agreeing with most of the time are gametrailers' video reviews. They back their claims with actual gameplay footage, and don't give any numbered score because they know it's meaningless. Now if they'll ever get around to reviewing Cross Edge is anyone's guess.

Edited by Criss

It's a niche game and not a hyped action or shooting game that appeals to the mindless masses. So of course the big biaised "review" websites will give it half the score it deserves. Nowadays, review scores are only an indicator of how mainstream a game is, not of it's actual quality, content or fun factor.

Check out a few user reviews (those that try to be objective at least), and if you've got a few dollars to spare, rent it first. Trying it yourself is the only reliable way of knowing if you'll like a game or not.

The only reviews I actually find myself agreeing with most of the time are gametrailers' video reviews. They back their claims with actual gameplay footage, and don't give any numbered score because they know it's meaningless. Now if they'll ever get around to reviewing Cross Edge is anyone's guess.

percisly . last time i ever read a reveiw from ign

is this game really worth buying for? i meant.. other NIS games i like it especially the disgaea saga.. only that i didnt finish it lol[too lazy].this one seems different from the other.. it isnt a tactic right? i meant like the other disgaea saga.

IGN: Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure Review

this review disagrees. They gave a valid reason for disliking Cross Edge, saying the battle system is overly complicated. From the sound of a few people on here, they were right. It's just one person's opinion though.

I don't think it is fair to give a bad review to a game because of the complicated battle system or difficulty.

Take a look at Ninja Gaiden, way harder than this, and it got 9's all over the web.

NIS and Atlus games are just always getting the bone when it comes to reviews.

True, it has a pretty steep learning curve, but once you get used to it, the addiction begins. This game is most complicated with all the menus and battle system, but at the core, it's one of the simplest concepts.

"Make your party as strong as you can."

It is a grindan gaem for sure, and I love it.

If I could do it all over again with the knowlage that I have now, I would still put my money down for this awsome title.

Like other NIS titles before it, this game requires patience.

If you are still enjoying it in 5 hours, you will play this game forever.

In this day and age, nobody has patience for anything, everyone wants the game to just give everything to them from the start. Not often, but sometimes you have to put in some work to get though games, this is one of those games.

I do agree that games like this are probably judged harshly by mainstream critics, but if some of the gameplay is overly complicated (for no good reason) then I can understand.

I would like to know if the game is too complicated for someone who has never played Disgaea before. I have played a lot of other rpgs but never one like that (my need to maximize everything scared me away) so I want to try but am scared of the difficulty. Also would I get any enjoyment from the story since I have only played the Mana Khemia games? Finally I also like to 100% my trophies so for a noob like me is that out of the question? (Also new to this site so I don't know if posting this here is okay or should I have started a new thread or something?)

Thanks in advance

IGN: Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure Review

this review disagrees. They gave a valid reason for disliking Cross Edge, saying the battle system is overly complicated. From the sound of a few people on here, they were right. It's just one person's opinion though.

Thing about it though, is it's one persons's opinion vs hundreds. You have a much better average upon that. Not to say that one person is null and void, but given with the way how heavy bias has played now a days on gaming review(look at GTA4 for example), it's hard to listen to most, if not all, "professional" reviewers.

I used quotes cause given with some reviews I've seen lately from like IGN and Gamespot...I swear they ignored anything about the definition of being respectful and professional.

Overcomplication of a system can be a fault, and I also agree it's a flaw with the new game, but at the same time, you can look at other games, and question where did they make that judgment call.