A litle information before you start (true ending)

klondike

Hi i dont have the game yet, but i have read a litle about it. From what i understand there is a couple of things that is handy to know before you begin, because it could prevent someone from unlocking some of the trophies.

Gold – The Dood: Earn the true ending. (Unlocked after the true ending.)

This trophie is a litle complicated, it is suggested to go for it on the first play through, as it becomes much harder to do it on a new game+. Since some things you do in the first play through will stay that way if you begin a new game+, and will make it almost imposibel to meet the requirements for the trueth end on the second play through.

Here is a link to a more in depth explanation of what to do to achive the trueth ending.

(Link may contain spilers)

GameSpot Forums - Cross Edge - TruthEnd Walkthrough and other secrets

Also it is adviced to play the game on hard if you want to see the full game, as there is 1 or 2 extra levels wich will only be revealed on hard mode. These levels are not required for any trophies, but for anyone want to see all the game starting on hard if advicebel, since you can not start on a lower dificulty, and then carry your charecters and euqipment over to a harder dificulty.

Edited by klondike

I've been reading about this too.

I haven't delved too far into it because I know some knucklehead will put a huge-ass spoiler in the explanation.

Apparently there are a few events, where if you do the event in normal mode then you will not be able do the event again in New Game+. Hence, you'll be screwed out of seeing the proper ending, and probably some trophies.

I'll wait to see though. It's just one guy stating this, and everyone is blowing it up into epic proportions, but the guy may actually be wrong. If it true though, they really screwed up because it makes completing normal mode and continuing in New Game+ a total waste of time.

Yes of course you can always start a completely new game, but then you start from scratch again, losing all your charecters and items. The idea of new game+ is that you already have a lot of stuff going into the second play through.

But aperantly somethings you do on your first playthrough will stay that way on your second, so it could prevent you from meeting all the requirements for the trueth end. Since it all has to be done on the same play through.

Thats why its recomended to go for the trueth end in the first playthrough. At least thats how i understand it.

But as i sayd i dont have the game yet (Still waiting for the mailman)

My post was more of a warning to people, so they know before they start. It would be frustrating to finish the whole game only to find out some trophies can not be achived, unless they start all over again.

Yes of course you can always start a completely new game, but then you start from scratch again, losing all your charecters and items. The idea of new game+ is that you already have a lot of stuff going into the second play through.

But aperantly somethings you do on your first playthrough will stay that way on your second, so it could prevent you from meeting all the requirements for the trueth end. Since it all has to be done on the same play through.

Thats why its recomended to go for the trueth end in the first playthrough. At least thats how i understand it.

But as i sayd i dont have the game yet (Still waiting for the mailman)

My post was more of a warning to people, so they know before they start. It would be frustrating to finish the whole game only to find out some trophies can not be achived, unless they start all over again.

im still waiting too :( i plan to play it 2 times anyway, one on normal for fun/learning and one on hard for the truth end

I dont think the trophie to unlock all the titles in the database, can be obtained on easy / normal since some monsters are only aviable at the last map, as far as i understand it.

Hence you can only get platinium, by playing on hard.

Edited by klondike

i thank you who stared this topic, & clear no spoiler, tomorow ill get the game , this is reely an important topic.

hey korix, so to get the platinum youre telling me just to focus on normal, then ill do that

From my understanding though the guy made the guide on JP release of it. I don't think they would want to invalidate NG+ But we'll have to see when someone beats the NTSC version.

According to these threads, along with various other topics:

Renew of TruthEnd Walkthrough and NewGame+ - Cross Edge Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

Can't find the topic I read it in: True End in NG+ possible or not? - Cross Edge Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

can i go for TruthEnd on New Game+ - Cross Edge Message Board for PlayStation 3 - GameFAQs

You can obtain the TruthEnd regardless of NG or NG+. Apparently the whole "harder the 2nd time around due to using newer souls" rumor was debunked.