XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 06:40 AM   #41
Rampidzier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_Spoon View Post
I don't believe there are any titles from 5-3. I've got all the titles except get all of weapons/items/armor/accessories, and did all that up to 5-2. 5-3 will rape you. Same bosses/enemies plus some new ones, and they are all at much higher levels compared to 5-2 (all the way up into the 900s). If you know what you're doing though level shouldn't be too much of a factor.
I think people are saying now that there are certain items that can only be obtained in 5-3, although no one has produced a list of what these items are.
Rampidzier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:28 PM   #42
Eternal_Spoon
 
Eternal_Spoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 335

Awards Showcase Platinum Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

Just about done with raping 5-3, not seeing any new items at all. Some of the bosses do have some of the higher ranked weapons/armor that you can use for synthesis, and some of the better, rarer composite materials. Stat enhancers too (Str up, Agi up, etc.).

Oh, some of them do drop those synthesis materials that can only be obtained from the post-game titles (beating the bosses and such), but you can only carry 1 of each material, so it's pointless unless you used/sold it already.

Should be able to do everything on Normal as far as Trophies go, but Hard would actually be easier considering everything except for levels carries over (skill levels do carry over, just not your character's levels.)
Eternal_Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #43
Heavenlywind
 
Heavenlywind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In your closet (:
Posts: 31
Default

5-3 sounds like fun.. I am at 5-1 just starting the true end events to get to 5-2. Although I'm probably going to go title hunting first before I do any of the events.

I was wondering for the collecting all the weapons, armor, items, accessories do you actually have to have the items in your inventory to count? Or is it as long as you had them before and it is in the item encylopedia? I'm going to assume its have all the items in your inventory. Hopefully its the latter.
Heavenlywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:06 AM   #44
Eternal_Spoon
 
Eternal_Spoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 335

Awards Showcase Platinum Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

It goes by the Encyclopedia, so if you've had it once, you're good. There is going to be a shitload of synthesizing involved though. And then some.
Eternal_Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:26 AM   #45
Heavenlywind
 
Heavenlywind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In your closet (:
Posts: 31
Default

Ahh I see thank god. It would be even more of a challange if you had to have all the items in your inventory at once :P. I'm not to worried about the synthesizing .
Heavenlywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:40 AM   #46
Rampidzier
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenlywind View Post
Ahh I see thank god. It would be even more of a challange if you had to have all the items in your inventory at once :P. I'm not to worried about the synthesizing .
Really? Because it's a huge pain in my you know what at the moment. I can't tell you how many times I've had to make a Lich's Staff or a Harpoon or a Halbred or that gun that starts with a Q over and over again because so many weapons need them. Sometimes it can take 30 minutes to an hour just to make one weapon because you need to make so many other weapons before you can finally synth the weapon you want. Oh, and Marie is just such a great help, always trying to give you grass instead of the weapon you're actually trying to create, meaning you either save every three minutes or she nails you at the end of a long synth chain and sets you back 30 minutes. Your choice. It wouldn't be so bad if the shop had more than five weapons of each kind in them. End rant. Sorry. Been synthing all day.

I've actually been playing my game on Easy Mode right now to see if you can get platinum on something other than Hard Mode. So far, the only titles I need right now are the ones that involve getting everything. From the looks of my Synth list (and I have everything unlocked in that), it seems like everything is available to me, so in order for me not to get a platinum on Easy, there would have to be something on the item list and not the weapon, armor, or accessory list.

Last edited by Rampidzier; 06-20-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Rampidzier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:06 AM   #47
Heavenlywind
 
Heavenlywind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In your closet (:
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampidzier View Post
Really? Because it's a huge pain in my you know what at the moment. I can't tell you how many times I've had to make a Lich's Staff or a Harpoon or a Halbred or that gun that starts with a Q over and over again because so many weapons need them. Sometimes it can take 30 minutes to an hour just to make one weapon because you need to make so many other weapons before you can finally synth the weapon you want. Oh, and Marie is just such a great help, always trying to give you grass instead of the weapon you're actually trying to create, meaning you either save every three minutes or she nails you at the end of a long synth chain and sets you back 30 minutes. Your choice. It wouldn't be so bad if the shop had more than five weapons of each kind in them. End rant. Sorry. Been synthing all day.

I've actually been playing my game on Easy Mode right now to see if you can get platinum on something other than Hard Mode. So far, the only titles I need right now are the ones that involve getting everything. From the looks of my Synth list (and I have everything unlocked in that), it seems like everything is available to me, so in order for me not to get a platinum on Easy, there would have to be something on the item list and not the weapon, armor, or accessory list.
Well I'm used to playing mmorpgs like FFXI and Ragnarok online (just two examples) if that means anything to you. Some of the items in FFXI and RO online are pretty low. Lots of items in Ragnarok online drop at 0.01%. Getting say Doppelganger card was hard enough to get. Along trying to get upgrade the weapon with card slots to +9 without breaking.. It took me and my friends months to get one card. FFXI is kind of like that as well you can break your upgrades and stuff you try to make. I'm used to grinding so its not really that big of a deal. It gives me something to do when I'm not working or at class while I wait for BlazBlu, WKC, Demon's Soul's etc. No need to be sorry about your rant, its understandable losing something you spent time on whether it is in game or not. Believe me I understand!

Oh I see, I am playing on hard right now. Haha I'm having fun actually sitting here grinding out for materials to make stuff. I may be one of the few people who like grinding away for hours on end, even if I get nothing out of it. Well if you get platinum on easy mode then thats great! Let me know how it turns out . (Back to getting materials again )
Heavenlywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #48
Rinzwind
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
Default

Regarding this map:
http://www20.atwiki.jp/xege?cmd=uplo...1&file=1-1.jpg
(1.1)

According to the stone tablet on the top there are 11 souls in this map.
I found 6 (with search@2.
Question: so I guess I will find the other ones when my search rate is better?

Main thing about this map: could it be there is a small mistake in the map: I counted icons for 10 souls. The one on the island to the right might be wrong: it is of an image similar to an event but has no event next to it).

Last edited by Rinzwind; 06-20-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Rinzwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #49
Heavenlywind
 
Heavenlywind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In your closet (:
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzwind View Post
Regarding this map:
http://www20.atwiki.jp/xege?cmd=uplo...1&file=1-1.jpg
(1.1)

According to the stone tablet on the top there are 11 souls in this map.
I found 6 (with search@2.
Question: so I guess I will find the other ones when my search rate is better?

Main thing about this map: could it be there is a small mistake in the map: I counted icons for 10 souls. The one on the island to the right might be wrong: it is of an image similar to an event but has no event next to it).
Yes if you look around the wiki it will tell you what search levels you need to get every soul that is on the map. There is one soul on that map you need search level 10 for.
Heavenlywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #50
Rinzwind
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenlywind View Post
Yes if you look around the wiki it will tell you what search levels you need to get every soul that is on the map. There is one soul on that map you need search level 10 for.
Thanks

I am now on my way beating Lazarus
And I didn't expect this from all the reviews but I am starting to love this game!
Rinzwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:19 PM.