Rate the trophy difficulty.  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.22

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid
Updated average.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have this yet, but I can safely say that the Trophies themselves aren't hard, just very, very time consuming. Most people will also need a guide to do some of the things such as achieveing the True Ending (very very few people would actually do this out of pure luck, that's for sure).

Hence, I decided to go with a 6.

• 3 weeks later...

Even with a fair amount of grinding, it can be a difficult game. On hard you're frequently ambushed, and with the wrong batch of baddies that can mean Game Over. There's also a villainous pink dragon and elementals that cause a great deal of pain, parry at 25% HP and generally ruin grinding in the areas they appear.

Getting the true ending is also a bit difficult, even with a guide, as one slip up buggers your chances. That said, meticulous play with a good guide and maps will see you through.

Paid DLC in the coming months will alleviate some of the difficulty, as will the official e-guide now that it's (mostly) fixed, though the lists are still rubbish. As it stands most trophies are easy but if you blow the true ending, you're looking at a full second playthrough.

Edited by I♥BooBs

• 1 month later...

Moderately difficult due to attention span, which in this game actually increases difficulty. Lots of twists and turns to take at precise moments in the game in order to unlock just about 50% of the trophies, if not more.

Hard Mode, when not on NG+, is a bitch and not recommended for those without SRPG experience (due to the fact most SRPGs revolve around retarded amounts of upgrading, synthing, tweaking and abusing).

The game itself is not easy, but can be accomplished with some trial and error. You need to definitely watch your steps, and you have to beat some seriously difficult bosses at end-game if your level isn't upgraded yet.

So most people would say that this game isn't hard because you just have to grind, but in my eyes, that's just training to become better, which is no different than trying the same track in Wipeout HD 900 times before you master it. Both are just time consuming, but still difficult at first.

7.5/10, rounded up to 8 as a vote.

• 3 weeks later...

Im voting 8 out of ten lol. Ive played the game and thought I was doing amazing but I think I messed up the true ending O.o so hence another playthrough for me. :( as for synthing and grinding extremely time consuming but Im willing to master it hahah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*Extremely* time-consuming to Platinum. The DLC Costumes, Equipment etc. make it a smoother ride, but synthesis still takes a ridiculous amount of time, ~150 hours total if not more. This Platinum is not for the faint of heart, and you should have *a lot* of patience for farming materials, grinding, and navigating menus.

8/10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very, very time consuming.

Though you don't necessary have to play this game on Hard, it makes getting the platinum, much MUCH faster. Then again, Hard isn't very forgiving when you first start out. I've encountered so many boss fights where I'm at the point of giving up because they're just outright unfair.

Verdict: 7/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I gave this a 9 difficulty. Simply due to the time investment needed to Plat this game. I think a lot of people would grow frustrated searching for obscure drop and monsters and put this game down before going for platinum. Hell I'm in the Post game on True Ending and have a few dozen items left to synth and I can't even seem to platinum it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I say 3, not counting the time it takes which is nothing for me because I played and beat Persona 3 FES in 180 hours. Then turned around and played it and beat it again 3 times in a row without playing another game in the mean time.

I say 3 since the trophies aren't that hard to get. Understanding the battle system is harder then the trophies.

9 or even a 10. This game tests your willpower to an insane degree, I did read that this game drives you insane with the synthesizing but I never imagined it would drive me this insane. The last week I've been synthesizing day in day out non stop. Spending hours on one single final weapon. Probably wasted 250-300+ hours on this game easily. Though getting the plat does feel good, I'm quite satisfied I finally got it. Easily replaces my proudest platinum which was Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 till now though I did find DW: G2 mission grinding a lot more fun of course.