Rate the tophy difficulty...  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the tophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.37

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would give it a 7.5 so i voted an 8....got my 100% yesterday

You get alot of value with this game, which makes it very time consuming to complete all modes. Also, the difficulty really ramps up in the final adventure mode levels, and some of the challenges can get really frustrating (hardest for me was the x combos in x seconds). Adding to the frustration is that in many challenge and adventure mode levels the maps are random, so very often you might find yourself with a board that very well might be impossible to beat, whereas other times you get blessed with a great setup and breeze on through.

According to the dev boards there will be a patch coming to reduce the difficulty of a few of the final levels, so those that are stuck may want to hold out for that. There is also some DLC due to come out, but it looks like they haven't quite nailed down what it will be yet.

Long, fun and challenging game, I just wish the frustration was dialed down on a couple of levels here and there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Rated this a 6/10 since it is actually a bit of a challenge to complete both adventure mode and all the challenges. Admittedly I used the puzzle guide provided on this site for most of the puzzles so I can't really factor that into my difficulty rating. If I did include it though I would probably raise this up to perhaps an 8/10 since I have never been really good at puzzles.

I just got 100% today and I have to give this game a solid "7". This was one of the most challenging PSN games I've played yet next to Savage Moon. Some of the trophy requirements and challenges were ridiculously over-the-top and difficult. Overall, I enjoyed playing Critter Crunch. The color scheme and visuals were easy on the eyes and it's a well-made game.

anyone know if that difficulty reduction for the last few levels ever arrived, or if it is still planned to happen? I bought this game but haven't started it yet.

I completed this game recently and wasn't aware of any patched difficulties. I wasn't prompted to download anything that is. The game was very challenging and frustrating in many parts so it seems unlikely the devs patched it.

6. Some of the later challenges are tricky and take multiple attempts (in part because the setup is random so sometimes you get an easy one, sometimes you get an impossible one). The toughest for me were # combos (but a tip on this board gave me tips for the quickest combo) and length of coin bonus. Adventure mode is alright - just feed the smalls on the first 39 or so levels (he's not available in some of them) because you won't have time on the last Adventure levels. I haven't finished all the puzzles, but I've only got about 10 left and while some of them are tough, most of them can be figured out in a few tries. Plus there is a puzzle guide.

Less difficult than Bejeweled2, Numblast, or Zuma. About the same as Droplitz.

Fun game - very well done in terms of introducing difficulty through gameplay tweaks instead of simply making things ever faster (I'm looking at you, Numblast). Well worth the $3.5 sale price.

4/10.

Nothings really difficult, 2 of the challenges that require you to make combos will take a couple times but its not too hard. There's a puzzle guide for the puzzles, and the adventure levels are easy too. I went ahead and fed waters on every level without any problem actually, I wonder if the patch made it easier for me? Online only takes a couple minutes with boosting, easy and fun game overall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got 100%!! I bought this game when it was on sale for $3.50. What a bargain! I really enjoyed the adventure and challenges. The puzzle... not so much toward the end when they get really difficult. I think so much about the puzzle that my brain hurts. Some of them I just couldn't figure out. But thanks to the guide on YouTube, I was able to get 100%. I really enjoyed this game!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gave this one a solid 6. The adventure mode is somewhat difficult, a couple of the challenges were excrutiating, and the puzzle mode was challenging without being painful. I had to use a guide for one of the puzzles, but felt pretty stupid afterward.

Really fun game...I hope they end up making more like this for the PSN. I love me some puzzle games.

Yes! I finally got 100%. I would give this a 7 rating difficulty mostly because the combo level in adventure mode and challenge number 53, but I finally got it now I can rest easy and go for gow 3 platinum whilst doing my school work and working out.