My opinion of the game

Cissa90

Hello,

I just got 100% in this game during the easter, and I can simply say: The game ROCKS.

First time i played it in 2010, i thought it was garbage because I didn't understand anything, but when I sat down, gave it some hours... In love :dance:

Collecting all Items and Artifacts was the best part of the game. The feeling you get when succeeding getting those high up above a miniature super boss felt wonderful.

The game isnt as hard as everybody want it to be either. Get Princess Vestment, Inhuman Blade and Diamond... Those items are lifesavers if you play correctly.

As mentioned in the guide, I didnt pick up much Health/Attack/Defense orbs at all.. BUu when I collected them all, after looking at a map in each level, everything died in a second. Even the bosses only took 2 full hits of Rowanveld if you have Inhuman blade equipped.

These orbs is a lifesaver in Chapter 5 boss. Also Chapter 5 is the best place for orbs. You get 8 of each orb in this level :D Chapter 4 and 3 got a good bunch aswell. Chapter 2 is easiest to get a quick start.

What I also had to do to get the difficulties to unlock.

FEAR: Get Terror Medallion, have 4000 enemies killed, and beat last stage on easy mode (boss mode if unlocked).

PLANERIEL: Get the Nightmare Medallion (Easy if collected all orbs to this point), have 8000 enemies killed, and complete Terror (preferrably whole game).

Collecting the orbs makes Terror more easy than Normal when not collecting many orbs (Done this mistake so many times).

Best place I found to farm enemy kills, is Chapter 1. When you first jump down one section before the wall jump. Kill 6 here, jump up to first map number again, and jump back. 6 more spawn. I used about 30 minutes to get 2000 kills. Also kill every miniature enemy you can on your playthroughs to make it go faster.

Would be so nice to see more people aiming for 100% on this game instead of just doing Tutorial :p

If anybody wonders something else, they can send me a PM and I can help in the best way I can.

Also a HUGE thanks to the trophy guide/roadmap maker, the japanese guy who made the original maps and locations of artifacts/items, and video of advanced jumping techniques in each chapter. And AdorableNirvash for translating it all into understandable English.

Some maps were easier to look at before being translated, as it shows a but better where orbs are, and small sections where you might need to break a crystal or something. I found the link on Gamefaqs somewhere on Crescent Pale Mist board.

Happy trophyhunting!

• 2 years later...

Collecting items and artifacts was the worst part if you ask me lol, especially the ones related to those hellish platform puzzles (Diamond, Inhuman Blade, Light Crystal, Mystery Onion AND THE FUCKING AMETHYST :mad:). The game might not be hard for you but it depends on the person. It was a nightmare for me and it's currently my proudest 100% :psn: game. The slippery physics made everything much worse when it came to the puzzles. Some enemies have low drop rates even with the Thief's Dagger and that adds up to the difficulty. What I liked about the game were the boss fights: at first I hated them but then they started growing up on me after each successful run; killing them while being op in Fear and Planeriel was a great revenge for what I had to go through in Hard mode :devil:

Also, you need 5000 kills to unlock Planeriel (8000 are required for the PC version, I believe).

Edited by ThanatosNinja2
typo