Crazy Taxi - Road Map and Trophy Guide

fatm1ke3

47knioH.png

Header by Dangles.

Roadmap

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (Trophy Difficulty Rating)
  • Offline trophies: 12 (8(B), 3(S), 1(G))
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 3-6hrs (personal opinion) (Estimated Time to 100%)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
  • Number of missable trophies: None
  • Glitched trophies: No
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
  • Do trophies stack?: No
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.
  • Additional peripherals required?: No

Introduction:

This downloadable game brings the Director's Cut of the arcade classic Crazy Taxi to PlayStation 3.

Buckle up - it's sheer asphalt anarchy! Crazy Taxi screeches in offers one wild and hilarious joy-riding jaunt. As a fearless cabbie with attitude, you're driven by a single goal: to rack up the mega-bucks in fares and tips before your shift ends. It's a race against the clock as you pick up passengers and white-knuckle it through busy streets and back alleys to their various destinations.

To keep that meter collecting cash you've got to take the fastest route possible, even if it means bending the traffic laws; just a little. Drive the wrong way down a one-way street, catch air as you sail over rooftops, swerve between oncoming traffic or plough through a pavement cafe. But beware - the city is full of obstacles that are guaranteed to slow you down. And time is money! So get a grip on the wheel, sharpen your senses, and don't lose your cool.

A General Gameplay Tip:

The license trophies are pretty easy but doing some of the special stages is quite tricky. The key to doing the special stages is using drift and dash, often combing the two together. While doing your license runs, master using dash to take off, using drift around corners and especially practice using dash after coming round a corner straight away after using drift, this will help you to do the harder special stages.

If you struggling to pull off the moves, here's what you should be pressing, thanks to AUSPUFF.

Boost is - Let go of everything, then press "D" plus accelerator button -> :circle: + :r1: or :r2: simultaneously.

Drift - First turn in desired direction and then press "R" and "D" together - :cross: + :circle:.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: License Trophies

The license trophies aren't all that difficult. Run through each of the 8 license trophies in arcade and original modes and get use to the controls and dodging traffic (the key to the Crazy Driver trophy is dodging traffic, lots of traffic). They don't stack so you'll have to do 8 license runs. Take note of the general gameplay tip written above. Every time you pick up a fare, crazy dash from a stand start. Drifting around corners is also something you'll need to get use to so try it around corners until you have the hang of it. Once you're confident in being able to do both you have to combine the two together, drifting then as you're coming out of the drift doing a dash. You should use the time driving around doing fares for your licenses mastering this technique until you can just pull it off without any problems. You won't make it through at least half the crazy box without being able to pull it off.

Step 2: Crazy Box Trophies

Now you're ready for the crazy box. If you mastered the three techniques above (dash, drift and a drift then dash combo) you should breeze through the first nine stages to unlock the 6 special stages. Some of the special stages however can be quite frustrating; especially crazy bowling. There is a written walkthrough on each one. Once you've completed all 15 crazy box stages you should only have one trophy left, Crazy Driver. It takes a bit of practice. Watch the video included because you need to have the route memorized as there are no visible checkpoints. Once you know the route you need to dodge as much traffic as possible on the way to the finish and there's a lot of it. Using the dash/boost while driving for some reason doesn't seem to make you go faster, in fact quite the opposite; it seems like it makes you go a little slower.

Edited by Slamma
Restore missing images

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/595/01.jpgArcade C-license(B)

Get C class license in Arcade mode

You need to get between $2,000 and $2,999 in fares to obtain a C-class license. License trophies don't stack. This can easily be obtained in any time mode; you really won't need any more than 5 minutes to get over $2000 though.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/595/02.jpgArcade B-license(B)

Get B class license in Arcade mode

You need to get between $3,000 and $3,999 in fares to obtain a B-class license. License trophies don't stack. You can get over $3000 in working for 5 minutes. If you're struggling though play for 10 minutes.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/595/03.jpgArcade A-license(B)

Get A class license in Arcade mode

You need to get between $4,000 and $4,999 in fares to obtain a A-class license. License trophies don't stack. Working for 10 minutes is enough time to get over $4000.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/595/04.jpgArcade S-license(B)

Get S class license in Arcade mode

You need to get between $5,000 and $9,999 in fares to obtain a S-class license. License trophies don't stack. Working for 10 minutes is enough time to get over $5000.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/595/05.jpgOriginal C-license(B)

Get C class license in original mode

You need to get between $2,000 and $2,999 in fares to obtain a C-class license. License trophies don't stack. This can easily be obtained in any time mode. You really won't need any more than 5 minutes to get over $2000 though..

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/595/06.jpgOriginal B-license(B)

Get B class license in original mode

You need to get between $3,000 and $3,999 in fares to obtain a B-class license. License trophies don't stack. You can get over $3000 in working for 5 minutes. If you're struggling though play for 10 minutes.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/595/07.jpgOriginal A-license(B)

Get A class license in original mode

You need to get between $4,000 and $4,999 in fares to obtain a A-class license. License trophies don't stack. Working for 10 minutes is enough time to get over $4000.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/595/08.jpgOriginal S-license(B)

Get S class license in original mode

You need to get between $5,000 and $9,999 in fares to obtain a S-class license. License trophies don't stack. Working for 10 minutes is enough time to get over $5000.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/595/09.jpgSkillful driver(S)

Clear 1-1 through 1-S of Crazy Box

For this trophy you need to clear stages S-1 and 1-S. First you need to clear the stages 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3 to unlock 1-S, you'll also need to clear 2-1 and 3-1 to unlock S-1.

1-S - Crazy Bowling Rule

I found this one the hardest of all the special stages. To say there is little room for error is an understatement; there is no room for error. You must use crazy dash from the start and then crazy drift into each set of pins and immediately use the crazy dash after you hit each set of pins. When hitting the sixth set of pins you need to execute a flawless sharp left turn using the drift then dash technique into the alley for the run down to the final set of pins.

S-1 - Crazy Through Rule

This is fairly easy. The combo never dies no matter how long it’s been between your 'crazy through' although it will reset if you hit another car. Play it safe and stick mainly to the right, moving to the left when you can see clearly in front of you. Staying on the left is faster to rack up a combo, but you'll get caught out around the corners. There’s more than enough time to take it cautiously.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/595/10.jpgSuperb Driver(S)

Clear 2-1 through 2-S of Crazy Box

For this trophy you need to clear stages S-2 and 2-S. First you need to clear the stages 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3 to unlock 2-S, you'll also need to clear 1-2 and 3-2 to unlock S-2.

2-S - Crazy Zigzag Rule

This one is not as bad as it looks, you can just carefully drive around the corners instead of drifting. Dash off the start, drive through without boosting up to the fourth corner, then drive around the fourth corner carefully and use boost after you exit, do the same with all the remaining corners to the end and you should make it. Credit to AUSPUFF for the tip.

S-2 Crazy Parking Rule

This one isn't too difficult. Again it's just about combing crazy dash after executing a crazy drift through the corners. The course is quite short and shouldn't give you any problems.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/595/11.jpgAmazing Driver(S)

Clear 3-1 through 3-S of Crazy Box

For this trophy you need to clear stages S-3 and 3-S. First you need to clear the stages 3-1, 3-2 and 3-3 to unlock 3-S, you'll also need to clear 1-3 and 2-3 to unlock S-3.

3-S Crazy Zigzag 2 Rule

This one looks like another tricky one but you can make it a little easier on yourself. Instead of trying to drift then come to stop right on the edge, use dash to get up to the white line just before the corners, then brake and slowly and carefully turn into the marker whilst turning to face the next marker, then dash to the next marker and repeat to the end.

S-3 Crazy Party Rule

This is a little tricky but once you have your route mapped out, it just takes a little practice. The route I chose was as soon as it starts (dash) turn left and go all the way up the spiral, pick up passenger 1, then straight off that spiral I'd get the passenger in the phone booth left of the ramp, then straight across to the passenger by the boxes on the right of the ramp, then straight down the car park to get passenger 4, then up the second spiral to get number 5, then jump off and head towards the ramp. You need to have enough speed to make the jump; as long as you do and make it, pick up the last two passengers and drive to the marker. Be careful right at the end as you have a lot of speed at this point and can easily drive off the edge if you hit the final corner too fast.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/595/12.jpgCrazy Driver(G)

Clear Special 1 through Special Stage of Crazy Box

Once you've completed all the 15 crazy box stages the final stage will unlock, S-S.

This is the toughest trophy in the game without a doubt. You start with a passenger and four minutes on the clock, but it’s in expert mode so there are no visible checkpoints and an insane amount of traffic on the road. Here's a youtube video I found showing the fastest route. Once you have this route memorized it’s all a matter of following it to the end and hitting as little traffic as possible on the way; that's where you make and lose time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKlZDpMrgpo]YouTube - Crazy Taxi on Sega Dreamcast - Time Attack [3:12] + Bonus : Flying Bus Glitch[/ame]

Edited by fatm1ke3

good guide! thanks! u should add that all license trophies can be get on a 10 min run. the crazy box is killin me....i need all the s courses

I've added the appropriate time mode you should need to play to obtain each license.

Crazy box is a pain in the arse, I made a walkthrough type description for each of the 'S' courses as they are pretty tricky, the first nine though, 1-3 to 3-3 don't need much explaining.

I noticed you guide is missing the S-1 S-2 and S-3 challenges. I only see a video of the S-S Crazy Box challenge. Not sure if you are still working on the guide, but please include those because I can't figure out S-1. S-2 is easy enough though.

I did make a brief description of each of all the special stage challanges...

In S-1 you need to drive past the cars without touching them, if you pass a car close enough you get a 'crazy through' then every car you closely pass after that gives you another 'crazy throguh' you need to get 30 in a row without hitting any traffic as that will reset your combo.

S-1 - Crazy Through Rule

This is fairly easy, the combo never dies no matter how long its been between your 'crazy through' although it will reset if you hit another car, play it safe and stick mainly to the right, moving to the left when you can see clearly infront of you, staying on the left is faster to rack up a combo, but you'll get caught out around the corners. Theres more than enough time to take it cautiously.

S-3 Crazy Party Rule

This is a little tricky but once you have your route mapped out, it just takes a little practise. The route I choose was as soon as it starts (dash) turn left and go all the way up the spiral, pick up passenger 1, then straight off that spiral I'd get the passenger in the phone booth left of the ramp, then striaght across to the passenger by the box's on the right of the ramp, then straight down the the car park to get passenger 4, then up the second spiral to get number 5, jump off and head towards the ramp. You need to have enough speed to make the jump, as long as you do and make it, pick up the last two passengers and drive to the marker, be careful right at the end as you have alot of speed at this point and can easily drive off the edge if you hit the final corner too fast.

Edited by fatm1ke3

The controls in this game are really retarded... By the way for Special Stage S-2 zigzag1, you can go about it without drifting. Simply do the boost move once at the start, take first 3 corners while holding accelerator only, never let it go, slow down on turn 4, boost, slow down again on turn 5 and boost again. Had 3 seconds to spare. If you keep boosting after each turn in the beginning, you actually loose speed for some reason.

The controls in this game are really retarded... By the way for Special Stage S-2 zigzag1, you can go about it without drifting. Simply do the boost move once at the start, take first 3 corners while holding accelerator only, never let it go, slow down on turn 4, boost, slow down again on turn 5 and boost again. Had 3 seconds to spare. If you keep boosting after each turn in the beginning, you actually loose speed for some reason.

Yeah I noticed that when I was doing the final special stage S-S, I started off doing the dash every 2 or 3 seconds thinking it would give me more speed, but all my checkpoints were yellow and red. As soon as I just drove normally my checkpoints started to go green.

Yeah I noticed that when I was doing the final special stage S-S, I started off doing the dash every 2 or 3 seconds thinking it would give me more speed, but all my checkpoints were yellow and red. As soon as I just drove normally my checkpoints started to go green.

Another thing if I may suggest, perhaps a brief special controls description in the road map will work really well for your otherwise complete guide. Even those descriptions in the game itself are terrible. It took more time to decipher them, than to actually figure out how to perform them...

For example if default controls:

Boost is - Let go of everything, then press "D" plus accelerator button -> :circle: + :r1: or :r2: simultaneously.

Drift - First turn in desired direction and then press "R" and "D" together - :cross: + :circle:.

Edited by AUSPUFF

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, just got my 100% in this game... and as I struggled initially with the Bowling Game stage, now I'm more and more convinced that if you are short on time, do NOT spam the "boost" special move. It slows you down! In the Bowling game I used boost only 3 times. If I was to use it more, I never had enough time to make it down the final stretch. Use it at the start [1], then after the 4th Strike [2], finally on the last straight [3]. You should have about 5 sec to spare. Hope this helps people. Same thing applies for all stages. The final Special Stage I used boost only like 4-5 times as well. Only at start and if a more serious crash happened.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Okay, just got my 100% in this game... and as I struggled initially with the Bowling Game stage, now I'm more and more convinced that if you are short on time, do NOT spam the "boost" special move. It slows you down! In the Bowling game I used boost only 3 times. If I was to use it more, I never had enough time to make it down the final stretch. Use it at the start [1], then after the 4th Strike [2], finally on the last straight [3]. You should have about 5 sec to spare. Hope this helps people. Same thing applies for all stages. The final Special Stage I used boost only like 4-5 times as well. Only at start and if a more serious crash happened.

i only used it at the end where you have to go down the straight