Crazy Dash

fatm1ke3

Crazy dash is the only one that's easy for me. Basically, you have to either be coming to a stop or completely stopped. Then you go into reverse (I believe it's the X button, don't actually reverse, just shift into it.), then you simultaneously shift into forward (Circle) while pressing r1 and r2 to accelerate. And when I say simultaneously, I mean it. You have to press all three buttons at the same exact time. It just takes practice.

I can't master the other 4 moves, tho, And you definitely need to master the dash, because you'll be using it a lot for the crazy box trophies.

For me it was a lot easier to drift, when I pressed :cross: & :circle: simultaneously while turning. Another trick for increasing speed quickly is pressing :circle: and then followed closely by pressing the accelerator as fast as possible. These two tricks helped me clearing the bowling game.

Goddamn I hate this game and the controls!

• 2 weeks later...
Crazy dash is the only one that's easy for me. Basically, you have to either be coming to a stop or completely stopped. Then you go into reverse (I believe it's the X button, don't actually reverse, just shift into it.), then you simultaneously shift into forward (Circle) while pressing r1 and r2 to accelerate. And when I say simultaneously, I mean it. You have to press all three buttons at the same exact time. It just takes practice.

this is a quite misleading!

you have to press R1 slightly AFTER shifting into forward NOT simultaneously.

you dont need to press R1+R2, just R1 alone does it.

there is also no need to stop, you can just release the gas for a second or two and do the crazy dash again (helpful for S-S stage).

very easy 100% now after figuring this out :)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The bowling trial is driving me crazy. and it seems the more I try the worse I get at it. the closet I got was 1 pin remaining. all the others are easy compared to this one. the stupid crazy drift drives me mad. :mad:

done the bowling stage now at last. s-s and thats it, all done.

Edited by Jimbo76

• 1 year later...

there is also no need to stop, you can just release the gas for a second or two and do the crazy dash again (helpful for S-S stage).

Thank you so much lmao, the trophy guide says "Simultaneously" as well and I was thinking "IT CANT GET ANYMORE SIMULTANEOUS THEN THIS!!" haha. Then I did the R1 slightly AFTER pressing O thing you mentioned and I get the Dash about 4/5 times now. Haha makes things much easier on me.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Did S-S first time after reading this. Thank you dude, very helpful even from 6 years ago :)