sacred-snow

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/004.jpgFirst Mission (Bronze Trophy)

Play an Objectives mission online for the first time.

This one is easy, all you have to do is choose multiplayer from the main menu, and join a game specified as map objectives and finish the round.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/004.jpgProbie Commando (Bronze Trophy)

Reach commando level 5.

Also easy, this one will be achieved through regular play and trophy gathering.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/004.jpgMission Handler (Bronze Trophy)

Host games with a combined session playtime of 1 hour.

To host an online game with a combined one hour playtime, either start a game and hope for people to join, or (preferably) start a death match game with computers and just play for the hour.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/004.jpgDemolition Expert (Bronze Trophy)

Destroy 20 control panels.

While playing map objectives simply blow up 20 terminals, the easiest way is to wait at the next sector so that when one is finished you can automatically start blowing up the next and rack up some explosions.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/004.jpgHacker (Bronze Trophy)

Upload 20 blocks of data.

As with the Demolition Expert, if you wait at the next terminal, you can quickly download the data before your enemies arrive, and head to the base an upload it. The easiest map is the cave, because terminals B and C are both active simultaneously, so it is easy to download one without interference. Also, if necessary only take one block out of two from a terminal so you can get the upload instead of someone else.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/004.jpgWeapons 101 (Bronze Trophy)

Get 20 kills with each of the six primary weapons.

Weapon Kills count during the Grunts and Jarheads campaign, so just filter your weapons while completing missions and you should pretty quickly get the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/004.jpgGlobe Trotter (Bronze Trophy)

Play a complete game on every map online.

While working to achieve the Hacker, Demolitions Expert and Crash Commando trophies, you will almost definitely end up playing on every map, so this is not a worry.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/007.jpgElite Commando (Silver Trophy)

Reach commando level 15.

Level fifteen is achieved at 4000 experience points, look to Crash Commando below for a more in depth plan to get there.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/007.jpgBoot Camp Beast (Silver Trophy)

Complete all Grunt and Jarhead Boot Camp missions with a Commando Medal score.

Some of the missions later on will get difficult, so the easiest way to g is to find a weapon that you are best with (grenade launcher for me) and try and enter the heart of the action and rack up kills as fast as you can (double kills or higher) so your points will be higher and drop slower.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/007.jpgCrash and Conquer (Silver Trophy)

Win 20 online games.

You may want to start a death match game with 5 other easy computers and just beat down on them. It is the easiest way to get 20 wins, and it will provide some solid exp. for leveling.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/007.jpgSurvival of the Fittest (Silver Trophy)

Have all three survival bonuses activated at the same time in an online game 10 times.

While playing death match, find a niche where you can sit with some sort of powerful, usually one-hit death weapon, and just let the easy computers come to you and kill away until you have all three activated, then leave until you die and return. It ends up happening quickly especially once you get better.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/68/011.jpgCrash Commando (Gold Trophy)

Reach commando level 25.

Level 25 will be achieved at 14,000 experience points. Once again, start a death match game with yourself and easy computers. Set the time limit to the highest possible, and the points limit to the highest possible. (around 100 I believe) At the end of the match, you should have gotten somewhere around 700-900 experience or more if you did well. Leveling up will take some grinding, but luckily, the game is fun so it won"t really be a pain.

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied guide.

Gold

Crash Commando

Once again, start a deathmatch game with yourself and easy computers. Set the time limit to the highest possible, and the points limit to the highest possible. (around 100 I believe) At the end of the match, you should have gotten somewhere around 300-500 experience or more if you did well. Leveling up will take some grinding, but luckily, the game is fun so it won"t really be a pain.

If anyone has any suggestions to the guide, let me know. If I find any way, I will try to make the guide the best it can be, so just let me know.

Just to add my two cents on the optins you should select when doing deathmatch..

Game Mode: Deathmatch (duh!)

Map: The Base - I like this map because there is an area on the map where there is a tank, armour, and missile all in one area. Grab the tank to run over people, use the missile to kill multiple enemies, or use the death spin (your survival bonus) on the ground. I usually hit the 100 mark in about 5-10 minutes to end the match.

# of players: 12 players

Target score: 100 points

Rounds per Match: 1 round

Round Time Limit: 60 minutes

Maximun Time per Match: 60 minutes

Bots: Easy

Matching Type: Public

To reach level 25 you need 14,000 experience points.

If you're lucky, no one will join your game and you get to kill all the easy bots and watch your experience level jump every 2 games.

Edited by digital-flex

Just to add my two cents on the optins you should select when doing deathmatch..

Map: The Base - I like this map because there is an area on the map where there is a tank, armour, and missile all in one area. Grab the tank to run over people, use the missile to kill multiple enemies, or use the death spin (your survival bonus) on the ground. I usually hit the 100 mark in about 5-10 minutes to end the match.

If you're lucky, no one will join your game and you get to kill all the easy bots and watch your experience level jump every 2 games.

You're actually better off upping the rounds per match to 10. the 'pre-game' timer only runs the first time, and this way for the next 9 you wont have to wait for pregame to start.

You're actually better off upping the rounds per match to 10. the 'pre-game' timer only runs the first time, and this way for the next 9 you wont have to wait for pregame to start.

Good point. For some reason I though that the experience points were only awarded when you completed a match, not a round.

Good point. For some reason I though that the experience points were only awarded when you completed a match, not a round.

The exp points are actually awarded as you get them ( you can pause and check youre exp at any time and you'll actually level up during gameplay).

Great guide - some are obvious of course, but those are good strats. You'll take FOREVER to up level in objective matches - even if you're getting ALL of the objectives...

Another tip - if you're absolutely POUNDING the enemies, and you have A, B, and C - milk D for more points, you have an additional 8 or so minutes by that point to pick up data, and sit there killing, die, and let your teammates get kills too - you wont get exp for unfinished data, but you'll draw out the fighting part of the round :D

good guide, but i would say that the best map for deathmatch is a showdown map if you are decent at the game. i use the sniper and i can hit the score limit of 100 on a showdown map against the 5 bots in about 4 to 6 minutes

You should try what i posted then, 350-400 points in 4-6 min. Make sure to jump in a jeep though.

To avoid having anyone join your game you should set the match type to friend-chain, as it is easier to message your friends that you are boosting and not to join your game.

What's kinda cool about having bots in the online games is you're not technically boosting the trophies since you still have to earn them by playing against characters that are still trying to kill you. It's not like you have some person sitting there taking all the abuse so you can boost up your experience points. It's basically just getting the multiplayer trophies by playing the game how it's supposed to be played in single player.

For the Hacker and the Demolition Expert trophies, you can get this even if you're the last player in a game. If you set-up a two player game and one player drops out, the control panels/data you get still count even though there's no competition left.

• 3 weeks later...
Bronze

Gold

Crash Commando

Level 25 will be achieved at 14,000 experience points. Once again, start a deathmatch game with yourself and easy computers. Set the time limit to the highest possible, and the points limit to the highest possible. (around 100 I believe) At the end of the match, you should have gotten somewhere around 700-900 experience or more if you did well. Leveling up will take some grinding, but luckily, the game is fun so it won"t really be a pain.

If anyone has any suggestions to the guide, let me know. If I find any way, I will try to make the guide the best it can be, so just let me know.

I don't know if it's me or not, but I think I've noticed you get more xp for for a Double+ kills. I seem to 2 pts per kill, but I've noticed that every time I've got a Multi-Kill I'm getting like 50 more xp at the end of the round than if I Didn't

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was able to earn the Survival of the Fittest trophy using this method. I just went for the tank and it came after about three rounds. It may have been sooner than that if I actually paid attention to the power-up meter.

• 3 weeks later...

Does this has to be done in one match?

Survival of the Fittest (Silver Trophy)

Have all three survival bonuses activated at the same time in an online game 10 times.

While playing death match, find a niche where you can sit with some sort of powerful, usually one-hit death weapon, and just let the easy computers come to you and kill away until you have all three activated, then leave until you die and return. It ends up happening quickly especially once you get better.

• 3 weeks later...

Tip for the Crash and Conquer trophy: If you want to get this really quick just make a game with the following settings, 10 easy wins in about 5 minutes, do this twice and the trophy is yours =D

Game Mode: Deathmatch

Map: Your favorite showdown

# of players: 6 players

Target score: 5 points

Rounds per Match: 10 rounds

Round Time Limit: 10 minutes

Maximun Time per Match: 10 minutes

Matching Type: Friends

Also for experience these are the settings i use and i get minimum 700xp/15 minutes. Easy to get kills as the map is small and enemies are constantly spawning around you. i get many multi-kills. My fave weapon combo is grenade launcher/mines. just lay mines whenever you get a chance and bombard people with grenades :)

Game Mode: Deathmatch

Map: Showdown of your choice

# of players: 6 players

Target score: 200 points

Round Time Limit: 20 minutes

Maximun Time per Match: 20 minutes

Matching Type: friends

• 2 months later...