Questions on buying this game...

Many questions here...

1.Dedicated servers or p2p gaming, being an AUS person I'm wondering if me joining games online will affect the other players or myself

2.I heard you can plat this without going online...is it frustrating to do still or has it become easier?

3.Any sort of customisation (as in loadouts) or all you can do is buy guns etc from the store each round?

4.Is this worth $10.50 just for the plat?

I got bf3 and tf2 (laptop) which means this game isn't high on my list of shooters to play outside of trophies XD, many thanks!

Many questions here...

1.Dedicated servers or p2p gaming, being an AUS person I'm wondering if me joining games online will affect the other players or myself

2.I heard you can plat this without going online...is it frustrating to do still or has it become easier?

3.Any sort of customisation (as in loadouts) or all you can do is buy guns etc from the store each round?

I got bf3 and tf2 (laptop) which means this game isn't high on my list of shooters to play outside of trophies XD, many thanks!

I can't answer all your questions but I'm from Aus too.

Re #1 I just bought this game last night and have only mucked around for several minutes online but there seemed to be no major issues. Tho there only seemed to be 3 other "real" players in the game I was in. When you select an online match it "connects to steam" whether this is to a dedicated server or peer I'm unsure.

#4 I assume you haven't played CS at all before. If you're a fan of FPSs this is definately a game worth exploring. Tho you may enjoy the experience more playing on PC then on PS3.

I can't answer all your questions but I'm from Aus too.

Re #1 I just bought this game last night and have only mucked around for several minutes online but there seemed to be no major issues. Tho there only seemed to be 3 other "real" players in the game I was in. When you select an online match it "connects to steam" whether this is to a dedicated server or peer I'm unsure.

#4 I assume you haven't played CS at all before. If you're a fan of FPSs this is definately a game worth exploring. Tho you may enjoy the experience more playing on PC then on PS3.

Hrm, connects to steam, may mean it somehow integrates steam into it but yeah nothing about server part...

I haven't sadly, closest is team fortress 2 (which isnt all that close XD) and I would enjoy it more on a pc if...i used a keyboard and mouse XD

Hrm, connects to steam, may mean it somehow integrates steam into it but yeah nothing about server part...

I haven't sadly, closest is team fortress 2 (which isnt all that close XD) and I would enjoy it more on a pc if...i used a keyboard and mouse XD

The steam bit had me puzzled... I was even wondering if this is actually a cross platform game if it wants to talk to steam (haven't had this with any other game).

The controls with DS3 were a bit annoying to me, I've read you get used to this. It also seems that you can play with a KB+M connected to your ps3 with this title. As soon as I started playing this I was looking at my dusty gaming PC thinking I'd be liking this alot more on that.

I'm in my 30s so I have fond memories of the first Counter Strike coming out. For younger players that have only known games like COD4 onwards they might look at this game wondering what the fuss is all about but I consider CS being a pure FPS where skill more than anything else matters.

I'll try to answer your other questions (if others haven't) on this title when I hopefully have time to get more into it tomorrow night.

The steam bit had me puzzled... I was even wondering if this is actually a cross platform game if it wants to talk to steam (haven't had this with any other game).

The controls with DS3 were a bit annoying to me, I've read you get used to this. It also seems that you can play with a KB+M connected to your ps3 with this title. As soon as I started playing this I was looking at my dusty gaming PC thinking I'd be liking this alot more on that.

I'm in my 30s so I have fond memories of the first Counter Strike coming out. For younger players that have only known games like COD4 onwards they might look at this game wondering what the fuss is all about but I consider CS being a pure FPS where skill more than anything else matters.

I'll try to answer your other questions (if others haven't) on this title when I hopefully have time to get more into it tomorrow night.

I might adapt, being a first and foremost console player (as indicated by my name XD good old memories) and escaped the fps crazy until as late as goldeneye where I learnt what the fuss was about...never tried counter strike as only when I got my hands on a ps3 did I try anything online...well other than mario kart but that's another story...

I heard that this game was to link with pc but sadly its not the case, they didn't want pc elites thrashing us console players (or perhaps some other issue but this is the general thought) so it was left out.

Thanks for the help, once I find 2 and 3 out, I'll be set to make a choice.

This game was just awful. If you want an easy platinum then It's definitely worth the $10.50 though.

I didn't like it.

Yeah you can get all trophies offline. I'm not 100% sure but i don't think you can get the knifing trophy.

The Bunny Hop trophy was a pain. I had trouble on it so i boosted it online so I would suggest at least trying to see if you can have a stable connection online.

You can play private matches as well.

This game was just awful. If you want an easy platinum then It's definitely worth the $10.50 though.

I didn't like it.

Yeah you can get all trophies offline. I'm not 100% sure but i don't think you can get the knifing trophy.

The Bunny Hop trophy was a pain. I had trouble on it so i boosted it online so I would suggest at least trying to see if you can have a stable connection online.

You can play private matches as well.

How so awful, as in how it plays or was it built for pc players?

...I'm trying to stay away from easy plats if the game is awful, terminator salvation and thor...oh god...and aliens makes me want to bury my head in the ground considering I paid $$$ for the collectors edition...

Which in turn means less plats with games like dmc hd collection and metal gear rising now on the cards D:

So I'd like to hear what is wrong with it...I know the game lacks ads, I'm fine with that...

Many questions here...

I'm back and with more answers. I've been messing around in offline mode for a couple of hours and I have most of the trophies. I don't see why you couldn't do them all offline but you'd save yourself a fair bit of time and frustration with a couple of them by engaging a boosting buddy.

Theres no customised loadouts like in Battlefield or Call of Duty. Two game modes you buy weapons at the start of a round with cash based on your performance the round before. Two you as awarded different weapons as you kill enemies.

I'd perhaps suggest checking out a youtube clip of two to get a feel for the gameplay if you're still unsure about purchasing this. The controls aren't ideal with a DS3 but I've gotten used to it and have been having alot of fun. This will be a game I'll still keep on my PS3 after plating to play when I'm sick of BF3.

Drop me a line if you end up getting it.