Trophy Guide and Roadmap

raz_lintu

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

Costume Quest Trophy Guide and Roadmap

By raz_lintu

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee330/funorbguides/costumequestlogo.jpg

Roadmap

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 2

-Offline: 1(G), 4(S), 7(B)

-Online: 0

-Time to 100%: 6-8 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable trophies: 5

-Glitched trophies: None known

-Do cheat codes disable trophies? No cheats known.

The game is split into three main areas, The Suburbs, The Mall, and The Valley. You are able to backtrack through areas once you get past a certain stage in the current area, so missed collectables can easily be grabbed. WARNING, once you enter the area of the final boss battle, you will NOT be able to go back, to be safe, do not go past the teleport coffins that are right after the corn maze in the Valley until you have everything else completed. Talk to everyone available to make sure you have unlocked all the quests.

Step 1. Complete the Suburbs.

You need to finish all the quests for the area as much as you can (you might need to come back for some like the card swap quest). Buy all available battle stamps from the shop in the park, along with all three stages of the apple-bobbing quest. Don’t forget to find all 6 hiding kids as well as all the costume parts.

Step 2. Complete the Mall.

You will need to finish all of the quests for the area (you might need to come back later for some), find all 6 kids, finish the three apple-bobbing tiers, buy all the stamps and collect all the costume parts. Don’t forget to also win the competition for the unicorn costume pattern.

Step 3. Complete the Valley up to the end of the corn maze.

You will need to finish the quests, find the 6 kids, go apple-bobbing yet again, buy even more stamps and grab any costume parts. Towards the end of the maze there is a small boss battle with Mextel, right after this is a small clearing with teleport coffins, stop there.

Step 4. Backtrack and pick up missable trophies, quests, and collectables.

The missable trophies are:

“Binary Booster”, “Do the Monster Bash”, “All Decked Out”, “They’ll Be Worth A Lot Someday” and “Mask-O’-Raider”. See the trophy guide for more information on how to get these trophies. By the end of this section you should have:

• 23/24 Battle stamps
  • 11/11 Costumes
  • 54/54 Creepy Treat Cards
  • All quests (apart from the final battle quest) completed.

You can check your progress in your notebook by pressing :triangle:

Step 5. Beat the Final Battle.

If you are not level 10 yet (you should be there, or pretty close), fight a couple more monsters around the corn maze to level up.

When entering the final battle area you should have all quests (apart from the battle quest) and all collectables apart form one battle stamp (you’ll get this from the battle). Boost over the ramps and talk to the witch to start the battle. Once you win you’ll gain the last stamp, talk to her again for a second battle. After the second battle you will get the “Sweet Justice” trophy.

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied guide.

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/699/01.jpg Battle Buds (Bronze)

Defeat a monster in combat with a friend by your side.

Story Related. Early on in the game you will gain your first party member, complete a battle after this and the trophy will pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/699/02.jpg Binary Bouncer (Bronze)

Use the Robot Costume to boost off of 15 different ramps.

Missable. There are several ramps around the first area. To boost off a ramp, wear the robot costume, hold down :circle: and run up the ramp. You probably wont get this till the very last maze area - there are 2 more ramps in the last section, if you don't get it then, go back to the first area because you probably missed some there.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/699/03.jpg Do the Monster Bash (Bronze)

Get the jump on 10 different monsters by pail bashing them to initiate combat.

Missable. Use :square: to pail bash a monster. It only counts if you hit them before they see you so make sure you run up behind them. You wont be able to start hitting monsters until you are through the first gate (opened by trick or treating all 20 houses). There are plenty of monsters in the second and third areas so you shouldn't have a problem with this one. Monsters also respawn on the second floor of the Mall and in the corn maze in the Valley.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/699/04.jpg Dressed to Quest (Bronze)

Acquire 5 Costumes.

Story related. The 5th story related costume is gained on the second floor of the mall by talking to the ninja kids and completing their task (kill 3 monsters).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/699/05.jpg The Last Gourdian (Bronze)

Acquire the Pumpkin Costume.

Story Related. Talk to the scarecrow 3 times (once per area) and he will give you a part each time.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/699/07.jpg Downsized! (Bronze)

Beat BoJonn in battle.

Story related. Gained at the end of the first area. Attack the microphone until it is dead, then beat BoJonn and the trophy will pop.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/699/08.jpg Dozer Dodger (Bronze)

Defeat Mextel in battle.

Story related. Gained at the end of the second area right after you find your brother/sister. Attack him with your strongest attack and dodge as best as you can.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/699/06.jpg Master of Disguise (Silver)

Use every Costume Ability in battle.

Missable. The last story related costume is the monster costume, but you can't fight with it so it doesn't count for this trophy. The easiest way I found to do this one is to follow the road map through until the end of step 4, then return to the corn maze fighting birds with your costumes on rotation until you have used each costumes :triangle: ability at least once.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/699/09.jpg Sweet Justice (Silver)

Complete the game.

Story related. Gained after you complete both parts of the final battle.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/699/11.jpg All Decked Out (Silver)

Collect all Creepy Treat Cards.

Finish all quests and battles and you should have all the cards. If there are any missing try fighting monsters to earn the rest.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/699/12.jpg They'll Be Worth A Lot Someday (Silver)

Collect all Battle Stamps.

Collect as much candy as you can to buy battle stamps from the shop and keep checking back as new stamps are added periodically through the game. There is a shop in each area so you shouldn't need to backtrack too much. Some stamps are gained from battles too. You gain the last stamp from finishing part of the boss battle, so if you are missing one and haven't battled Dorcilla yet you'll get it then.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/699/10.jpg Mask-O'-Raider (Gold)

Complete all Quests in the game.

Missable. Before finishing the boss battle you can teleport back to the previous area and finish off any quests left. You can view the remaining quests from your notebook - press :triangle:

Edited by raz_lintu

Where are they? I tried going back the way I came but the ramps were one way.

I can confirm that you can backtrack after you finish the game.

There's one set of ramps for going to the boss but there's another set of two if you want to head back to the first two towns or the maze.

For the Battlestamps trophy, you may want to mention that every time you level up (except Level 10), there's a new set of stamps available for purchase from Sally.

Edited by qasic

There's one set of ramps for going to the boss but there's another set of two if you want to head back to the first two towns or the maze.

For the Battlestamps trophy, you may want to mention that every time you level up (except Level 10), there's a new set of stamps available for purchase from Sally.

Thanks! I'll rewrite the guide a bit later, and I did have that in there somewhere before, guess I must have missed it out when I was editing.

I'd check myself but I started a new game to work on the collectable guide.

I can also confirm this. Also, after you complete the game you can select continue from the main menu and it loads up to right before the last battle and you can go back and do whatever to wrap the game up. I did this because i missed a costume and didnt buy all the stamps. So if you finish the game dont worry about not being able to go back.

As for the Binary Bouncer 'You probably wont get this till the very last maze area' not true at all. You will get all of the jumps before entering the first gate. I just got that. Left to the gate are 6 jumps. You will need 2 'runs' to get all 6 of them (1 is in the middle of the area).

Pretty neat game :D Just like Penny Arcade :D

i ended the game without this trophys:

They'll be Worth a Lot Someday

The Last Gourdian

Master of Disguise

Mask-O'-Raider

after beat the game a loaded again and do all the remaing trophies!

Only the "Complete all Quests in the game" trophy needed me to complete all quests AND kill the last boss again.

just to you all trust me, look at the trophy dates :

myPS3t | fabriciols - Costume Quest

Hi raz, nice guide! I just completed the game and I have a few suggestions to improve the guide:

As others have mentioned, nothing is miss-able. While your suggested step-by-step guide might be an optimal playthrough, if one wanted, they can complete the boss fights first. The game saves after the first boss fight, so you can load that save with the stamp and just backtrack (using robot boost over ramps) to whatever else you needed. You already list the places to go and spawn-able enemies, but simply put you should remove that they are miss-able because they aren't.

For Binary Booster, there are actually enough ramps in the 1st stage; as well as off the top of my head in the last level: around 6 near the boss and 2 or 3 in the bottom left of the corn maze.

It would be really nice if you listed the hardest to find locations of parts:

[spoiler=Costumes]Patriotic Costume, first part: Go into the sewer at the far upper right of the first level using the Knight's shield.

Unicorn Costume, pattern: speak to everyone till you have a third party member, then do the costume competition wearing these: Robot, Statue of Liberty and Knight.

Unicorn Costume, second part: Go to the top level of the mall, all the way on the left side there is a smash-able indented railing, break it with :square: and then walk the plank :pirate: to land in a giant :jacko: with the part.

Vampire costume, first part: After the carnival ferris wheel section, and following the crow's path thru the shadows, head north to the two kids with the breakable wall. Directly to the right of the breakable wall is a hidden cave with a hard to spot treasure chest, so keep your eyes peeled for the passageway!

and here is my personal strategy for the bosses:

[spoiler=BossFight]Boss Fights: Use the Robot costume with stamp of added critical damage, Spaceman costume with stamp of poison effect, and Statue of Liberty costume with stamp of regenerate HP each round. Be sure to time those button clicks for attack/defense sucess, and use :triangle: abilities as soon as they are available (every third round).

Edited by TigerLust

Hi raz, nice guide! I just completed the game and I have a few suggestions to improve the guide:

As others have mentioned, nothing is miss-able. While your suggested step-by-step guide might be an optimal playthrough, if one wanted, they can complete the boss fights first. The game saves after the first boss fight, so you can load that save with the stamp and just backtrack (using robot boost over ramps) to whatever else you needed. You already list the places to go and spawn-able enemies, but simply put you should remove that they are miss-able because they aren't.

I'm not really sure about that, I just finished the game and I have all the trophies except for the Master of Disguise trophy. I can't seem to find any spawn-able monsters anywhere in order to get that last trophy, I was level 10 when i finished so maybe that's why there are no monsters around. So maybe that trophy is missable unless (and i hope) there is a way :).

Edited by xdusty

Yes i did :/

I will have another go and look for enemies in other places like the graveyard.

Maybe it's possible to enter the last fight with big bones and use the special move then loose, redo it again with another costume and so on until it unlocks. I will give it a go and report back.

EDiT: Ok, i got the last trophy which was the Master of Disguise. The problem i had was that i ended the game as level 10 and couldn't find any more spawned monsters which i needed for the trophy.

What i did was simple, when loading the game you are at the end fight, so i just picked one costume and went into battle.. Used the special move and then retreated, then picked the next costume and repeated the process until i got the trophy.

Edited by xdusty
Solution

• 3 weeks later...
Yes i did :/

I will have another go and look for enemies in other places like the graveyard.

Maybe it's possible to enter the last fight with big bones and use the special move then loose, redo it again with another costume and so on until it unlocks. I will give it a go and report back.

EDiT: Ok, i got the last trophy which was the Master of Disguise. The problem i had was that i ended the game as level 10 and couldn't find any more spawned monsters which i needed for the trophy.

What i did was simple, when loading the game you are at the end fight, so i just picked one costume and went into battle.. Used the special move and then retreated, then picked the next costume and repeated the process until i got the trophy.

In the 360 version, there were monsters on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the mall still.

Also as others have said this guide and roadmap is way off, nothing is missable.

• 3 weeks later...