Rate the Trophy Difficulty  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Trophy Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_gold_35.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating 3.32

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm giving the game a 2.

I found everything pretty easy in the game except some of the platforming and a couple boss fights which required a little bit of trial and error. Frequently using the pet rat to find items and shortcuts also made things easier. I hardly used the save state feature but it's there for those that are having trouble.

I'd like to see more games like Comix Zone, using a comic book approach not just in art style but story too. I'm aware there are some similar games but not enough in my opinion.

I given the game a 3 out of 10.

It's a pretty awesome game since it's a living comic book. The art style is great and the time spent with the gameplay was worth it. The game is still very hard even though this was my first time playing the game. With the lack of dodge moves only made the game even harder than it was. But with the save feature, things became a little less troublesome and I found the second boss fight to be the hardest fight.

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

I rated the game a 2/10. The game itself is pretty unforgiving, and there's little room for error, but the ability to constantly save made the game fairly easy. The hardest part of the game was probably the 2nd boss, but after a few failed attempts, I managed to beat him and his freakishly-long nails. The final boss was laughably easy.

Having never played or even heard of the game before, I was pleasantly surprised, and appreciated the art style. Literally jumping through comic panels never got old.

I gave the game a 2. I can see this game being difficult without the save system. However, with that it made it one of the easiest 100% I've come across. The style of this game is unique and impressive for the time when it originally came out. I have played all of the other classic games that have been released when I was younger, but I somehow missed this one. I'm glad I got a chance to play it.

Comix Zone trophy difficulty- 3

Thank goodness for the infinite save state thing! This game is kind of hard. Also, those videos in the other thread are kind of fishy. Is he playing on easy, normal? Because from what I saw and from what I experienced, it looked like the enemies were really lenient on him. Oh well.. see yah'!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a TROPHY difficulty thread, not a GAME difficulty thread, so I gave this a 3. Were this a GAME difficulty I would have given it a 6, maybe even an 7. Without save states this game is crazy hard. You take damage from every single thing you do, it seems, and there is little you can do to regain your health. Not to mention the enemies in chapter 3 block like there's no tomorrow...and since enemy blocks still hurt you a bit, you really feel it by the time you get to the boss.

Save states make this one pretty easy, and save states are allowed for the trophies, so definitely a 3.

• 3 weeks later...

i gave it a 1. this is my favorite game from sega. i already own it on sega, in the sega collection on ps2 and again on sega collection for ps3 lol so this is my 4th purchase of it. it took me under 1.5 hours to 100% and i was in no way rushing it. being able to save at any point makes the game incredibly easy and the final boss is the easiest part of the whole game.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted 3. The game is short and you can save whenever you want. It took some practice and trying different methods to get to the end of each chapter with enough health to beat the respective chapter boss. For chapter 2 I followed a video walkthrough to the letter (or pixel) and saw some useful shortcuts with more items. That way I maintained enough health to give that boss a manicure.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted 4. Even with save states i nearly blew this one, second to last page i think i didnt find the shortcut and had to go the hard way - costing nearly 2 full health bars... Enemies land extremely cheap onto you and take forever to kill. Nearly everything costs health too, from special moves to breaking down obstacles.... Imho this was the weakest of free PSN Sega classics, the style was interesting but combat was very linear, more linear than Streets of rage 2's although this being few years newer.

Voted 1.

It's a hard game, I can give you that, but I beated it when I was a kid, and mastered the game again a couple of years ago... so today I downloaded the game and 100% it in less than an hour. The trophies didn't add any challenge in my opinion, most of that stuff I would have done during the gameplay anyway.

Now try to beat the game, both endings, without save states. Ahhh, I miss those days...