Difficulty: Regular vs DLC

Rerirerance

I just bought the DLC because I really liked the game (free with ps+).

So far, it's easier than the last level of the main game. But I only played two levels.

I think $5 is a fair price since the main game was free. So, for me, the main game and the dlc is basically $5.

• 2 weeks later...

This is only my second real time strategy game ever, so I may not be as good as a veteran. I found the DLC to be a 10/10 as you have to build an offense to attack the computer as quickly as the defense, where naturally I would prefer to get my defenses strong before thinking about how I'm going to attack. Although using the defensive strategy works on some levels, the computer gets much stronger with its defenses preventing a normal attack.

The very last DLC level was a nightmare with the only video I found on YouTube doing something that never actually worked for me, forcing a different strategy (me using 2 controllers by myself, putting pulsars on his area with the enemy spawning things after he destroys them for the first time which slowed down his enemy production-- not with the missle, sending 1700 tanks as a dragon at him while using my ships as a lazor barricade... ending with 3 extra tanks that didn't die -- barely beating it with even that).

I did get my 100% but it was not easy.

• 2 weeks later...

The DLC is significantly more difficult than the base game. This is my first game of this type, but I thought the base game was actually rather easy. I've spent hours on the DLC and only made it through a few levels. I was hoping to finish it while the game is free via PS+ membership, but may end up letting it go in favor of less masochistic time-wasters...

Yes, like they said, the DLC is much more challenging. And really I DLed this because of the free offer being a ps+ member. It's not typically the type of game I would play, but I really got into it. And if you enjoyed playing it and the challenge, pick up the DLC, many more hours of gameplay, with new weapons, etc. I found it addictive and will probably continue to play it even though I have 100% now.