SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Any possible solution to acquire this DLC?

BlkXFactr

Since this game is shutting down in January 2014, the dlc to it called Coldfront has been delisted.

I'm making a thread about this because I've tried to find a way to possibly acquire it. Gamestop still shows it for sale at their website and it hasn't been confirmed yet if it still works, one person on this forum reported another game group gave out blank codes... I would really like to know if Gamestop is also giving out blanks.

I find it incredibly stupid on one hand to be kind enough to release the date when this game shuts down far in advance, and then on the other hand to slapped everyone in the face preventing 100% by removing access to the dlc. Reduce the cost, give it for free, but to shut down the dlc outright is one step before just shutting down the game server and not letting anyone know... I wish they also included a LAN option.

Now I am kicking myself for not getting to this at least a year ago. If anyone has a solution please post.

No signs of blank codes from Gamestop yet, one person says it works on Sony forums, "HaydesGhost". I checked his history to my dismay has trophies shown in 2010. A few others assume it works, it would be nice if someone can confirm that the Gamestop route still works.

I talked with a Gamestop representative about this issue, and she said "if they removed access from the PSN store, then they also removed access from Gamestop - as the PSN store is directly linked to their access."

That means just as Terminator said, only way to get access for Coldfront is if they relist it in the store; so I wouldn't bother buying from Gamestop online. You are most likely to receive a blank code and out 15 bucks.

The only way is if you've got the game already downloaded. Though, if you really want the DLC, you can still buy it off the Japanese store. I bought the game and DLC off the Japanese store and it's working fine. :) I have been boosting most weekends, but I dunno if I'll get this game done... Some tasks are way to long, lol. :D

~Kaa

But would that be possible to take the dlc over to an American account? You would need a Japanese account to get in the store and you would also need a region PSN card to buy. The second one is no problem, but getting past the access to the store would require a new account in their region and you would only be able to download it to that account, unless I am missing something.

Edited by BlkXFactr

The DLC is region locked so you'd need a Japanese copy of the game to go with it, you'd also have to start over as the saves are region locked as well :(.

Wouldn't you also have to start over in a new account as you won't be able to get that over to your Non-Japan account as well?

• 3 months later...