Close Quarters Fix

AlphaCookie

As many on Battlelog are reporting, and I myself have tested and confirmed, Close Quarters is fixed*

*In order to guarantee fix, go to the Playstation Store NOT INGAME, go to your download list, and redownload and install Close Quarters. This will fix the map loading error, and allow you to actually play the DLC.

The download will be 1142mb, it will automatically overwrite the data in your Battlefield 3 game data, so it won't take any extra hard drive space.

Its annoying for those with slow internet, but at least it fixes the problem.

What problemes? I naver had any issues at all.

Reportedly, only North America was affected. The maps would either boot back to main menu immediately after loading or freeze the system.

I've played some CQD and Gun Master, I have to say, fun DLC. These maps are what Metro could have been if it were designed better. Its tight action, and surprisingly addictive. I see myself playing Gun Master far into the future.

I've yet to play Scrapyard, but between Donya, Ziba, and 925, I have to say Donya is my favorite with 925 to my least favorite. I like the aesthetic of 925 the best, but the action seemed pretty sparse. I blame the underground parking lot, as it seemed to break off a lot of players.

Domination is a variation DICE should consider expanding on. Its amazing. (Probably because I don't have to rely on idiot randoms)

Now for my fanboy comment: Battlefield does Call of Duty, better than Call of Duty.

Now for my fanboy comment: Battlefield does Call of Duty, better than Call of Duty.

I completly agree with this. The maps aren't exactly small, (I mean I was shocked OP 925 was so big) They're just really "tight" and it adds some new dynamics to the game because you're constantly checking your corners :D

Good news on the fix! I had no problems,, But good news for you Americans! :D

I'm from Europe and I'm only having problems with some rented servers (they are always on top of the list when filtrating) - connecting to the game, then black screen with the prompt 'Saving...' and going back to menu with the notify 'Connection to the server was lost'.

It's quite annoying but it only affects 5% of all the servers.

Another question - do you experience a short lag right after entering the game? I've noticed this for the past 4-5 games. It's not that big though, but it might get you an instant kill as for the first 2-3 seconds you're moving like a snail. ;P

Anyway, will try to re-download the dlc, hopefully this will fix all the issues. Thanks for the intel! :)

That worked for you? I tried exactly this night before last and I still had the same issues. Unless they've pushed a new version, I don't see what could have changed. Guess I'll try again tonight though since it worked for you.

Make sure you redownload from the Playstation Store. Ingame download won't fix anything. This fix only started working at around 12:30am my time, so about 8 hours ago. Redownloads before then might not have worked.

I re downloaded. and it still doesn't work. Try it again??

Edit: did it again and still no luck. :(

I was told to download from the ' in game' store. When it starts hit 'Download in background', then exit the game and resume the download from the XMB. I'll edit this post in about an hour and let you know the results.

EDIT: The method in this post worked for me exactly as described. Good luck.

Edited by Backspin420