Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC - Roadmap & Trophy Guide

QuantumMercury

ROADMAP

Overview

-Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 3 / 10 (Personal estimate)

-Offline: 0

-Online: 5 [3(B), 2(S)]

-Approximate Time to 100%: 5-15 Hours

-Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed: 15-25+ Multiplayer Rounds

-Difficulty Affect Trophies?: No Difficulty Setting

-Number of Missable Trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None known at this time

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No Cheat Codes

-Online Pass Required to (P)?: Yes, All Trophies

Introduction

Close Quarters is the second DLC pack for Battlefield 3 and it includes 10 new weapons (see Show of Force for weapon list) and 4 new maps (Ziba Tower, Operation 925, Scrapmetal and Donya Fortress) along with 5 new trophies that are all multiplayer related. As implied by the name, this DLC pack will focus on close proximity firefights between your team and the enemy. So make sure you've sharpened those gun skills.

Walkthrough

Step 1 - Get All Trophies Except Show of Force

All trophies can be completed in less than 1-2 hours except Show of Force, once you get the other 4 trophies out of the way it'll be time to focus on the grind for Show of Force.

Step 2 - Focus on the Show of Force trophy

See the post below this one for the Show of Force assignment walkthrough, this will take anywhere from 15-25+ matches to complete. The challenges will require you to use all 4 kits and complete some esoteric/annoying challenges in order to unlock all 10 weapons. Alternatively you can use the new game mode Gun Master to advance in rounds and automatically attain kills with the weapons. See the trophy for more details.

If you are having trouble getting into the new DLC game modes/maps redownload the DLC from the PS Store and it should fix the issue.

TROPHY GUIDE

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/883/45.jpg - Dominator (B)

Won a round of Conquest Domination

Very simple, Conquest Domination is a new mode that became available with the download of Close Quarters. Simply queue up the game mode on any map, enter in and play the round to the end and win and the trophy will pop on the summary screen. You do not have to play the match from the beginning. You can also use the cheap tactic of switching teams before the round comes close to an end if it looks like you will lose. If the teams are balanced / your team outnumbers the enemy team and there is room on the other team just go to Squad/Team in the start menu and hit switch team.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/883/49.jpg - Man of Calibre (B)

Completed a round of Gun Master

Very simple, Gun Master is a new mode that became available with the download of Close Quarters. This mode has you cycling through weapons as you kill enemies, you do not have to win this mode just play it. Simply queue up the game mode on any map, enter in and play the game to the end and the trophy will pop on the summary screen. You do not have to play the round from the beginning.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/883/47.jpg - Grinding the Crack (B) (H)

Fall over the edge on Ziba Tower.

Go to quick match and choose Ziba Tower for your map preference and game mode can be left on any. From there jump off anywhere on the edge of the map to your doom and you will get this trophy. Credit to TrophiesAchieved for the video:

[ame]

[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/883/46.jpg - Deadly tools (S)

Without dying, got a kill with a Carbine, Pistol and Rocket Launcher

This isn't as bad as you may think. My best advice is to load up a conquest game mode on Operation Metro and spawn in with the engineer with any engineer specific weapon (as they are the carbines) and the RPG/SMAW for your gadget 1. Get a carbine kill then go to the choke points on the map (Usually around B-Flag, side stairs, side hallway or back escalators) to fire off rockets and get a kill. From there try and play stealthy and get a pistol kill (maybe look for someone prone, sneak up behind them and get an easy headshot). You can also start with the pistol kill if you think that would be hardest. Silencers will help you here also on both your pistol and carbine. My recommended weapons of choice would be the G36C and G18 (automatic pistol) both suppressed.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/883/48.jpg - Show of Force (S)

Get 10 kills with each of the ten Close Quarters weapons

There are 10 new weapons in this DLC that you will need to get a total of 10 kills with each. You can use these weapons on the any maps (not just the DLC ones). These weapons will require you to use all 4 classes and in order to unlock the 10 weapons you will be required to complete challenges (known as Assignments in the game). You can check assignment progress under MY SOLDIER in the game or from Battlelog Assignments tab.

**Alternatively, you can grind out the new game mode GUN MASTER and if you can get to Round 16, the cycle of weapons you go through will let you nab a kill with 9 of the 10 guns in the DLC. Thus you can play 5 games of Gun Master each to round 16 and then you'll only have to worry about unlocking the MP5K (by doing the "These Hurt Too" and "Hold The Trigger" assignments). **Thanks to gh0stface for this tip**

Edited by Terminator
Replaced a dead video.

ASSIGNMENT GUIDE

You must complete the first weapon challenge in order to unlock the second. Format is as follows:

Kit Type

[Weapon Name] - [Assignment Name]

[Requirements]

[Picture on Battlelog]

[How to complete the challenge]

Assault Kit:

AUG A3 - Shepard

10 Squad Revives

30 Assault Rifle Kills

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/2048/l/xp2a01.jpg?v=6000

Choose the assault class and have any assault specific weapon (assault rifles) and get 30 kills on any map/any mode. You will have the defibrillator as your gadget 2 and you will have to revive 10 squad mates with it (green arrows on your minimap/green names over friendly team mates). You will get an extra 10 points for a total of 110 when you revive a squad mate. Make sure you are in a squad of 4 people to maximize the chances of this. People tend to die a lot more on close quarter maps so playing the DLC maps/operation metro on conquest and rush is a great way to quickly knock out the squad revives.

SCAR-L - Set Us Up The Bomb

20 Kills with Underslung Grenade Launcher

15 Kills with Hand Grenades

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/2048/l/xp2a02.jpg?v=6000

**Shepard assignment must be completed before this is unlocked**

My recommended weapon to use for this is the M16A3 as it is a decent rifle with the ability to have an underslung attachment under its second attachment slot. Choose the M320 as your gadget 1 and it will be automatically equipped on your assault rifle. If you want to get extra grenades choose the frag perk as it doubles your launcher capacity. I also recommend playing the DLC maps or Operation Metro as you can spam the grenades (both hand and launcher) into choke points around flags on conquest. **Note that you do NOT have to play as the medic for the hand grenade kills but you do have to for the grenade launcher kills since this gadget is unique to this class.** You can play as a support character on Seine Crossing/Operation Metro and throw down an ammo box on yourself and spam hand grenades from a distance if you please.

Engineer Kit:

ACW-R - Done Fixing

20 AT Rocket Kills

30 Kills with Carbines

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/2048/l/xp2a05.jpg?v=6000

Choose the engineering kit and have SMAW/RPGs for your gadget 1 and any carbine (engineer specific weapon) for your main gun. Like the assault weapons, play close quarter maps like the DLC maps or Operation Metro/Grand Bazaar and flood the choke points with rocket launcher fire on rush or conquest. Alternatively you can try for vehicle kills with the rocket launchers on larger maps as well.

MTAR-21 - My Own Terminator

Get a kill with an EOD Bot

100 Kills with Carbines

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/2048/l/xp2a06.jpg?v=6000

**Done Fixing assignment must be completed before this is unlocked**

100 kills with carbines is easy enough, the kill with the EOD will require you to set the EOD bot to your engineer class as gadget 2. My best recommendation is to try and flank enemy positions and if you can find a stationary enemy like a mounted machine gunner or sniper get behind them and deploy your EOD bot (which you will remotely control) and either try to ram them for a roadkill or attack them with the torch using :l1: (it will kill them like if you attacked them with a repair tool). Of course you can try and kill enemy vehicles like tanks and jeeps this may but it is much harder. I found the EOD bot kill was easiest on Grand Bazaar on Conquest because if your team controls A or C and B you can usually drive your EOD around the other side and take out some stationary snipers/bipod machine gunners.

Support Kit:

L86A2 - No Shortage

20 Squad Resupplies

20 Kills with Light Machine Guns

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/2048/l/xp2a03.jpg?v=6000

Play as support and spam your ammo boxes around your squad mates (green arrows on your minimap/green names over friendly team mates). Also make sure you are playing with any machine gun (unique support weapons) and get some kills with it (my recommendation is to play defensively with a bipod and a magnifying scope like 3.4x and lock down a choke point from a stationary position).

LSAT - Point Blank

10 C4 Kills

10 Knife Takedowns

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/2048/l/xp2a04.jpg?v=6000

**No Shortage assignment must be completed before this is unlocked**

The quickest way to nab C4 kills is to play conquest domination as the flags change hands very quickly. As soon as you cap one flag throw C4 on it and camp somewhere out of sight (doesn't have to be around the flag). As soon as the letter starts to blink detonate the C4 for some easy kills. As for the knife takedowns you do NOT have to play as support for them to count so they should come naturally. Try to flank enemies, wait until they run pass you to move in on them --> Having the sprint perk helps you catch up to them quicker if they do not have it. If you have Battlefield Premium the new knife (ACB-90) deals 50% damage on a frontal swipe, if you soften someone up close with your gun don't be afraid to swipe if you have that powerful knife!

Recon Kit:

M417 - Team Player

10 T-UGS Assists

20 Flags Captured

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/2048/l/xp2a07.jpg?v=6000

Playing as the recon class change your gadget 1 to the T-UGS motion sensor. You'll have to play conquest or conquest domination for the 10 flag captures but you do not have to be a recon class when you are capturing flags (but you will have to be a recon for the T-UGS assists). You capture flags MUCH faster in conquest domination but the game mode can be very hectic if you're playing with full teams. It is recommended you play the conquest game modes anyways for the T-UGS assists because dropping a T-UGS around a B flag and then just hiding someone so you don't die should net you 10 assists very quickly. If you die you will have to replant the T-UGS. and if the T-UGS is destroyed but you are alive either get resupplied for a new T-UGS (over an ammo box) or die and respawn.

JNG-90 - Bullet Point

50 Sniper Rifle Kills

Win 3 rounds of Conquest Domination

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/2048/l/xp2a08.jpg?v=6000

**Team Player assignment must be completed before this is unlocked**

Conquest domination is one of the new game modes in the Close Quarters DLC, simply play it until you win 3 times with your team (see the trophy Dominator for tips). The 50 sniper kills will require you to use a recon specific weapon. If you dislike sniping try using a semi-auto rifle like the M417 or SKS. These are for more medium range engagements.

General:

SPAS-12 - These Hurt To

20 Pistol Kills

20 Shotgun Kills

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/2048/l/xp2a09.jpg?v=6000

You can play as any class and use any shotgun you want. Obviously you will be better suited playing smaller maps like the new DLC maps, Operation Metro, Grand Bazaar, etc where you can cut off choke points with your shotgun. Conquest and rush good modes to do this in. Best class for these would probably be recon as you can set down a TUGS and wait for enemies to run past you and then come up behind them for some easy kills.

M5K - Hold the Trigger

Finish in the Top 5 of Gun Master

100 SMG Kills

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/2048/l/xp2a10.jpg?v=6000

**These Hurt To assignment must be completed before this is unlocked**

Gun Master is another new game mode introduced in the Close Quarters DLC. To finish in top 5 you must get 2 kills with each weapon given to you in order to cycle weapons faster than the other players. This will require you be to somewhat proficient with each kind of weapon from pistols to carbines to snipers and finally the knife. With practice you'll finish in top 5 (after you know the weapon cycle rotation), just keep playing or look to the boosting thread. It helps if you join a new match and not one where someone is already on weapon 10 of 17. As for the 100 SMG kills you can play as any class and use any PDW (P-90, UMP-45, PDW-R, PP-19, etc) and get 100 kills. Any game modes and any maps, SMGs are best short to medium range and in my opinion, the MP7 is the most overpowered SMG (especially when you unlock the extended mags). So if you wanna bust out the 100 kills fast, use the cheap stuff like the MP7 and just wreck house.

Edited by Puzzler

Very nice detailed guide, QM. This deserves to win the "battle for the BF3 DLC trophy guides". :)

One note: Under Shepard, it says to throw down health packs to your squad mates, but don't you actually have to revive them with the paddles?

Yeah you have to use the defrib. lol thanks for that.

Edited by QuantumMercury

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On the show of force trophy, when does the counter for the 10 kills per weapon start? Do you need to have the weapons unlocked first? So for example, I haven't unlocked the MTAR, but through gunmaster I have some kills already, do those kills counts towards the 10 required for the trophy?

Yes, you can get the 10 kills for each weapon via Gun Master even if you haven't completed the assignments for them.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help me -

I have just started to get round to doing the assignments but I am stuck with the eod bot kill, I have got 2 kills with it so far both roadkills but it didnt stat up? When I did the road kills I just rammed random players and then it seemed to kill my bot to but after it did come up 'roadkill' and I got the xp? Is it normal for the bot to die? Or should I have been able to carry on from there driving around? Or does it have to be a kill with the torch?

Any help would be great cheers.