Gladiator 4

DarkAmon

I could use some help on Gladiator 4. i always get to Ixion with only 1 minute left. i have most of the weapons this is all i am missing:

Blade Of Darkness

Hammer Of Hephaestus

Axe Of Themis

Bow Of Eros

Arietis

Antares

Attair

Virginis

Iliotropio

Veil Of The Protector

Vega

Lyre Of Apollo

if any one has any good strategies for Gladiator 4 and 5 with all BUT these weapons it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: got past 4 now stuck on 5. i got to the cyclops but that was it.

Edit 2: just beat it with 27 seconds to spare.

Edited by DarkAmon

• 6 months later...

If you want to make Gladiator challenges (and S-ranking everything) easier and less stressful for yourself, I would seriously recommend obtaining the Axe of Themis (AoT) first, max ASAP and use it. Certain challenges only let you use default weapons, though.

In the trophy guide, Step 2 and 3 should be switched :p

Work on challenges but don't worry about getting S-rank yet. You need to play most, if not all, to unlock and progress further into the list. Simply finish the challenge for a reward (if any).

edit: D'oh! You need to complete all Gladiator and all prelimary boss challenges in order to unlock/complete the Kraken "boss challenge", which awards the weapon, Blade of Darkness...

Edited by Eye Beams

Thanks for the advice but I was trying to do that already. Im at 97% now and Gladiator 4 should bring me 98%. Or is there a other way to achieve the last % wich I need?

I was trying to get some more gifts so I could upgrade the last points of the Leonis sword, to me it looks like it should be a powerfull weapon with all those stars, or am I wrong?

Hmm, 98% to unlock AoT/Illiotropio, right? Weapon collection is needed for that, not challenge completion. You should seek out the weapons that you currently don't have yet.

As for Leonis, I don't really depend on the number of stars; I usually look at the stats/effects. Durandal (crits) and Cyclopean Maul are probably better, in terms of raw melee damage. But that's just me. I became an AoT whore after I got it :devil:

Some info here is misleading. You cant have the AoT before you get ALL the other Sub Weapons which means that you have to clear the quest:

Darkness in the depths ===> from which you'll get The blade of darkness (another sub weapon)

That also means that in order to make this quest appear, you have to clear gladiator 5 and all the other boss quests... Yee its tough...

Here's some help:

For gladi 4 and 5 use the hammer : Hand of Tartarus NOT fully upgraded ( or you will lose HP every second). It's pretty strong and you don't get stunned by attacks while it's attack animation.

For the next quests, if a dark enemy appears then restart the quest---your priority is to clear the quest, not lose time!!

Gladi 4:

Round 1 : 1 Hammer attack to each statue and SWS. Kill the Eyes with a dual+your sword combo ( it takes 2 full attacks). Finish it with as much possible soul (Statues give easily lots of it)

Round 2: Battle Song+Hammer

Round 3: Get soul and heal. Finish round with chain zeize

Round 4: Battle song+Hammer (you are fully healed so its easy)

Gladi5:Very hard without AoT but you have to manage without it (1st time)

Round 1: Equip a weapon with 'easy chain soul seize II' ability in your back

and chain seize them as fast as possible.

Round 2: Use your Hammer to blast the eyes fast. Let your partner die.

Dont heal him-He will be fully healed next round if dead.

In the last few 6-7 eyes, Fully heal and suck their soul

Round 3: Ignore the 2 flying hoes. Battle song+Hammer on the boss.

Hit from front if possible to hit and greatly damage it's eye.

However it's safer to attack from it's back for less damage

When out of soul equip a weapon with the ability to give you more

soul for each sword attack and hack n' slash the boss fast.

Round 4: Chain seize fast and heal.

Round 5: Battle song and hammer. Get souls from skeletons. Break one hand

from the boss to make your life easier.