Platinum in ~41 hours

ToxicMegacolon

The impression I'm getting from the general lack of activity on these forums is that the thought of having to devote 75-100 hours to a game with low review scores just isn't worth the time to platinum.

Well, I created this thread to serve two purposes: one, to provide additional information that other players seeking the platinum trophy may find helpful and, two, to notify everyone that Clash of the Titans can be plat'd in 40-45 hours. So, if you're holding out getting this game because you don't want to spend a lot of time, at least you know now that it can be done in half the time quoted before. My approximate breakdown was: 15 hrs main quest, 5 hrs all subweapons, 5 hrs S-rank all story challenges, 10 hrs S-rank all story levels, and 5 hrs all gifts/upgrades.

Although somewhat incomplete, the guides found on this site and the xbox sister site are immensely useful for working through the game, especially the S-rank guide. My sincere thanks to those who put the time and effort into making and sharing them to others.

I was going to list additional things that others may find helpful in completing the game, but those would be better placed in a post in the Trophy guide thread. I'll post there in a second.

If you're one of the people holding out on this game, give it a shot! It's not often we get a platinum trophy that is actually a challenge to earn.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

this game is not as bad as many people describe it, the whole farming thing is 10 times easier and faster than ff13, i also dont know why it shows 100 hrs, cause quest are not so long, the only thing that's bad is the fact that sometimes u may be running aroun place and looking for your objective,

and i must say it's quite enjoyable because u have tons of weapons to choose from and each one got its own upgrades

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/czarny08.png

• 3 weeks later...

It's not 100 hour plat he states this in one of the forums but it took him a while as he had to learn where or the enemies were etc not like us , we use the lists which have now reduced the time ALOT.

I was one of the people who hated this on release back in 2010 but having gone back to it (cleaning up old games) in 2012 over 2 years after getting my 1% lol, I love the game, I think my problem was that I was expecting another god of war which this is not (GOW are amazing) however if you play this game on its own merits it's actually quite enjoyable and not that hard to play with the right strategy I have 5 quests left to S then I'm done :) well except for getting a 2nd controller as mine broke

• 9 months later...

and i must say it's quite enjoyable because u have tons of weapons to choose from and each one got its own upgrades

have to agree. the weapon system is kinda nice. all sorts of weapons to choose from and each with their special attributes. keeps the game rather interesting. :) it's just the quests can be a bit boring at times. as for the 100 hours, that's because the guide creator had to do everything from scratch from getting the gifts, weapons etc. as you can see in the post below. :cool: overall, not the greatest game on Earth (more like a budget God of War game) but pretty fun if you don't mind the ... ok graphics, lackluster voice acting, etc.

It's not 100 hour plat he states this in one of the forums but it took him a while as he had to learn where or the enemies were etc not like us , we use the lists which have now reduced the time ALOT.

I was one of the people who hated this on release back in 2010 but having gone back to it (cleaning up old games) in 2012 over 2 years after getting my 1% lol, I love the game, I think my problem was that I was expecting another god of war which this is not (GOW are amazing) however if you play this game on its own merits it's actually quite enjoyable and not that hard to play with the right strategy I have 5 quests left to S then I'm done :) well except for getting a 2nd controller as mine broke

Edited by CRD 100