Gladiator battles

the collector

Please post tips and questions in this thread for ALL gladiator battles. Hopefully we can keep them together for an easier reference. I'll start with the first question. :p

Gladiator 3: First round no problem. Chain seize right off the bat. Second round just OK. Can't seem to chain seize the Satyros'. They can be tough to beat, but of course not impossible. Just takes up a lot of my time. Then the chimera isn't too bad, but the dogs really throw me for a loop. When I can get the chimera down, I either run out of time or the dogs end up killing me. Any tips or weapon suggestions? Again, missing the AXE. LOL Thanks!

Will post it here - hat A LOT of problems with that quest! And took me a lot of time to beat it :(

Ok, just re-played the quest:

1. Round – kill the 2 centaur (maybe 3 if the dark one spawns) after their “run-attack” with L1. The spirit with the fire core and L1 afterwards. Use the “Fallen” to build up a soul chain.

2. Round – get next to an archer and use your soul chain – this should kill all enemies accept the “Satyros Chieftrain” – use the “Cyclopean Maul” to break his shield and use him afterwards to build up a new soul chain.

3. Round – BS 3 and “Cyclopean Maul” on the chimera – as much as possible. If you ran out of soul energy use your soul chain to kill the dogs and weaken the chimera and start again with BS 3 and “Cyclopean Maul” – you should finish this quest with more than 1 minute left.

Edited by TeamTerminatorAT

this is taken from the 360 site on how to get S rank, just use battle song 3 and the Cyclopean Maul to pass it, then obviously use the axe when your going for S rank.

Gladiator 5 -time 4:39 / damage taken 471 / kills 51

Here's how:-

Round 1 - spam for Chain Seize and use it = (15 seconds)

Round 2 - personally I prefer using Target + Forward + triangle then triangle to smash the eyes into the air. Spam for Chain Seize, use once, spam again and SAVE IT! (60 seconds)

Round 3 - keep your NPC healed if possible - he'll take some of the flak. Ignore the 2 flying bitches unless you need to boost Chain Seize. BS + AoT, run around the back of Polyphemus and unload. Either use Chain Seize to refill your Souls or suck them from Polyphemus. You'll need at least 6 fully charged hits before he'll start flashing for SWS (90 seconds)

Round 4 - spam for Chain Seize and use (30 seconds)

Round 5 - use the skeletons for souls or Chain Seize if needs be. Only attack the King's legs using BS + AoT. Make sure you suck his Souls when flashes blue. If done correctly the first time he collapses you'll get a Sub Weapon Seize to kill him. If you take out his arms it is very likely he will rebuild himself and screw up your time. (90 seconds).

i used this method and it worked first time. gladiator 4 challenge isnt that bad you deal with those big centaurs so again have a fully upgraded Cyclopean Maul and your good to go.

this is taken from the 360 site on how to get S rank, just use battle song 3 and the Cyclopean Maul to pass it, then obviously use the axe when your going for S rank.

Gladiator 5 -time 4:39 / damage taken 471 / kills 51

Here's how:-

Round 1 - spam for Chain Seize and use it = (15 seconds)

Round 2 - personally I prefer using Target + Forward + triangle then triangle to smash the eyes into the air. Spam for Chain Seize, use once, spam again and SAVE IT! (60 seconds)

Round 3 - keep your NPC healed if possible - he'll take some of the flak. Ignore the 2 flying bitches unless you need to boost Chain Seize. BS + AoT, run around the back of Polyphemus and unload. Either use Chain Seize to refill your Souls or suck them from Polyphemus. You'll need at least 6 fully charged hits before he'll start flashing for SWS (90 seconds)

Round 4 - spam for Chain Seize and use (30 seconds)

Round 5 - use the skeletons for souls or Chain Seize if needs be. Only attack the King's legs using BS + AoT. Make sure you suck his Souls when flashes blue. If done correctly the first time he collapses you'll get a Sub Weapon Seize to kill him. If you take out his arms it is very likely he will rebuild himself and screw up your time. (90 seconds).

i used this method and it worked first time. gladiator 4 challenge isnt that bad you deal with those big centaurs so again have a fully upgraded Cyclopean Maul and your good to go.

I don't have AoT yet. Polyphemus isn't too bad, but the flying bitches are killing me. Is it possible to get the AoT before I do this quest?

nope, that's the problem :p

Here is was i did:

1. Round – spam for chain seize. You will lose HP – Don’t worry about it now.

2. Round – use chain seize – use L2 + Forward + triangle to get your next chain seize – use it and try to let your buddy die till you use it. Use L2 + Forward + triangle again to get another chain seize. If you see the last 4 eyes use R2 to evade them and heal yourself. Kill them afterwards.

3. Round – The NPC should be back again with full HP. Use BS3 and the Cyclopean Maul – I think the damage on his arms on the side are stronger than on the back. If you do not have soul energy left use R1 on the girls in the air. Most of the time the NPC is fighting against one girl fights the other to get soul energy and use BS3 and the Cyclopean Maul again on Polyphemus. After 3 circles he should be down.

4. Round – spam for chain seize and use it asap

5. Round – get a full soul bar and use BS3 and Cyclopean Maul on his legs – 2 hits and than L2 + R1 to get new soul energy – do this 3 to 4 times and this should be it!

Gonna try this later. I spent all day trying to get past 5. LOL This game is really kicking my ass. I almost long for the day when I fought my way through COD world at war!:eek: I'm not sure why it's so hard for me to get done. By the way, update on my S rankings. I'm around 15 completed. I must have accomplished more then I thought! :applause: When/if I go for getting them all finished, I'll post results in the proper thread for future reference.

I'm done with this game! I've lost a controller, wasted countless hours....I can't play it anymore. Those 2 bitches with the cyclops guy in gladiator 5 are just a pain in the ass. Their laser seems to always get me when I'm trying to land a hit on him. Can't take it anymore, oh yeah, first class warrior isn't unlocking either. I tried it fast, slow, everything! I can see the moves are being done, the trophy just isn't dropping. Unless i have to kill an enemy with each move, I think I have a glitch going on. I thought this game was alright, but my opinion has changed. I don't mind a challenge, but i swear this game cheats! LOL I knew platinum wouldn't be easy, but I should be somewhere with the hours I have put into gladiator5!!

Gave it one more try and guess what? FINALLY BEAT IT! Now my vigor is renewed. Still having problem with all the sword moves, but I'm hoping someone will help me work that out. Thanks to bleeds and teamterminatorAT. Your help has been greatly appreciated! Now, lets all try to get the S rankings posted and platinum this damn game! :rolleyes:

i unlocked my sword moves by accident, so i wouldnt really worry about it. i need to finish up my S ranks been playing too much of soldner x2 though.

thanks for the s rank guide it looks like it will make it alot more helpfull i can see around 60 pretty easy challenges and story missions its the other 40 that scare me lol.

• 11 months later...
Gave it one more try and guess what? FINALLY BEAT IT! Now my vigor is renewed. Still having problem with all the sword moves, but I'm hoping someone will help me work that out. Thanks to bleeds and teamterminatorAT. Your help has been greatly appreciated! Now, lets all try to get the S rankings posted and platinum this damn game! :rolleyes:

In order to get First-Class Warrior you MUST perform all main weapon attacks on the enemy, and it must be uninterrupted—this is important! Killing the enemy with the attack before it finishes WILL NOT count, whiffing a move or two during mid-combo will not count either. EVERY HIT MUST HIT THE ENEMY.

I completed this trophy last night on (after spending unknown hours hammering away at air and enemies trying to get this trophy while going for others—big mistake) while trying to go for just this one trophy.

I did this trophy on the first Stand your ground quest, as the enemies here are weak to somewhat weak, and I had the trophy after about a minute.

Good luck.

I need to get passed Gladiator 5—hopefully, I can use the tips found here to help me get passed it—before I can do anything else. Gladiator 4 was a bitch, too, but after trying Underworld Core ( I forget the name Dark ??? III on the Chimera, I beat it in seconds).