Helpful S-Rank Tips

Transformed

Firstly, you should head here, as it IS very helpful—it put me on the right path do completing this game, though some things I had to find/learn elsewhere and tips are very far and few between. No one (apparently) is playing this game or at least isn’t talking about it or making helpful videos for that matter.

You are going to need time and a great deal of patience for this platinum as LUCK plays a huge factor in many of the challenges. Non-boss enemies spawn in random locations, never the same location/numbers every time, which can make time based trials extremely tough when every second counts, and should you be unfortunate or fortunate (depending on your progression in the game) to be blessed with a red-toned enemy, your battle will once again take another detour as an unexpected mid-level boss just stepped into the ring.

That said, you don’t necessarily have to re-set the challenge and start over, though that might be a wise decision, be vigil and chain seize like no one else’s business. I find it easiest to chain seize with L1 followed by doing the square, square, triangle, triangle, triangle combo with extra rapid triangle presses, doing this combo twice WILL get you a chain seize, granted you have a weapon (should be visible on your Perseus’ back) imbued with easy chain seize level 3!

As TeamTerminatorAt stated in his guide, CHAIN SEIZE at every opportunity—should you see enemies lying around or not converging on your position, PROVOKE THEM FIRST and THEN chain seize, doing so will erase all enemies (save for bosses) from the screen. Also, use the L1 + Forward + triangle combo as often as possible. Perseus will lift all surrounding weak enemies into the air for one powerful combo—rinse and repeat until all are dead or chain seize (R1) appears. For time based challenges, chain seize is your only chance of meeting many time based challenges, so make sure you get this process down pat! No joke!

I recommend that you go here and print HWNDarkside’s guide, specifically the one with times, damages and kills listed, these are IMPORTANT! This guide was hugely beneficial as I had no idea what I was aiming for. This game does a piss poor job of telling you what your goals are or what your target times, damage or kills should be for S rank—it’s not all about time. Sometimes it’s all about the time, but occasionally it’s all about damage or kills.

Most of what was said in HWNDarkSide’s guide was accurate during my play through; however, there were a few differences and it is those differences that I’m going to list here—all resulted in S-Rank:

Challenge:

The Undead Swarm: 2:16/24/20

On the Home Front: 0:57/4/13

Fall In: 2:22/59/22

Night Raid 3:34/99/16

Out of the Frying Pan: 5:38/41/23

Gift Horse: 3:54/119/10

Higher Learning: 4:30/149/13

The Beast Within: 4:03/239/6

Face Your Destiny: 3:50/70/14 – 3:09/0/7 = A Rank 14 is the magic number!

A Human’s Strength: 13:12/490/37

Rise, My King: 1:39/7/6

To The Lighthouse!: 4:46/145/29

Above the Underworld: 2:35/74/14

The Three Keys – The Evil Lizard: 4:54/89/19

The Three Keys – The Watchdog: 4:41/249/25

Taming Pegasus: 4:17/8/27

Fisherman’s Son: 2:10/29/23

Herb Hunt: 3:27/4/50

Miasmic Swamp: 10:59/89/116

Desert of Djinn: 10:57/69/60

Norn Mountain: 11:27/139/45

The Underworld: 7:20/94/113

Medusa’s Temple: 10:15/19/206

Argos Castle Area: 12:03/229/72

Rivalry III: 2:00/19/85

Mating Season: 3:00/10/104 – 3:00/36/105 = A Rank

Glutton of Miasmic Swamp: 2:59/61/63

Enemy Remnants: 2:26/384/22

Poison Wildlife Territory: 2:03/23/7

Stubborn Squad Leader: 3:38/104/1

USE the KING for this challenge! You should only use these attacks on Draco L1 + Back + triangle and triangle, triangle, triangle, triangle. Hit him just before he hits you or better yet, hit him just after he misses a strike. Should you land the triangle combo, keeping doing it until you can’t do it any more or until you see a chain seize. He puts up a good front, but he’s actually pretty easy. Watch out for his jump attack—do not jump attack him, as you could be on the wrong end of that combo:/

Death Eating Snake: 3:50/19/3

Evil Lizard of the Underworld: 1:42/129/5

Celestial Beauty: 6:46/959/1

Shadow in the Depths: 6:02/421/14

Gladiator 5:13/485/59

Use Axe of Themis, The Talon of Tartarus, Illiotropio and Piscium

Start the challenge with Axe of Themis and keep it here unless noted elsewhere to do otherwise.

Run towards the group in front and use your axe attack—should be able to get two hits, so do your best to take out the big frogs.

Once they’re down, lock on to a Satyros without a shield and use the combo up above for chain seize—be sure to activate seize near the center of the stage in order to get the archers on the edge of the arena.

Floating eyes are up next, use the L1 + Back + triangle combo until soul seize. Do this two times while using your soul seize. Do the combo one more time, but save your last soul seize—if you do not get a soul seize don’t worry, you’ll get an easy up in just a few seconds.

Next up, pissed off cyclops with re-spawning succubuses. Quickly switch to The Talon of Tartarus and aim for the Cyclops upper body, anywhere is fine actually, just make sure you hit him! Fire until you have no more soul energy. The Cyclops will be stunned and helpless—do not attack! Run away from it and wait for the Succubuses to re-spawn. Provoke them and soul seize them. Repeat until you get a chain seize on the Cyclops, at which point you NEED to change to the Axe of Themis and then press L1 to initiate chain seize—DO NOT PRESS BUTTONS, the axe will do everything for you, so sit back and enjoy the show. If you feel lucky, unload one last volley of arrows at the Cyclops and save your soul seize for the next round which WILL HELP big time. Doing this means you’ll have to run up to the Cyclops and use your axe to finish him off, two or three hits ought to do it.

Next up, little time and final battle!

Use Piscium to super charge the Axe of Themis, giving you the power of Zeus! You’ll notice that bosses drop like flies with just a few hits!

Attack the Skeleton King from behind or just inside the reach of his arms. If you press L1 you’ll be able to see when he glows blue, at which point you should siphon souls from him and attack with axe again, usually two axe hits will grant you soul seize. Attack quickly, as you probably won’t have much time left for S-rank. When he flashes orange STOP HITTING HIM! Press L1 and don’t press anything!

If you didn’t have any hiccups along the way, you should get an S rank along with your completion of this challenge. This was my last challenge. Just as my stats were loading, I got my last two trophies Height of Olympus and the Era of Man:D

Pro tip:

In order to get the First-Class Warrior trophy you need to make sure EVERY attack actually hits your target. Hitting air or having your attack blocked will result in you not getting the trophy. I recommend working on this trophy in an area with weak enemies— I got this trophy while playing around in the Stand Your Ground I challenge.

Edited by Transformed