XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 05-01-2011, 04:01 AM   #21
Zetberg

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   2,500 Posts   Almost Golden   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Gold   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Are there any huge difference between the anime and the game ? I really liked the anime (impossible to not cry), and I want to know if it could affect my experience with the game.
Zetberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #22
Aeliana

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   PAX Meet Up   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetberg View Post
Are there any huge difference between the anime and the game ? I really liked the anime (impossible to not cry), and I want to know if it could affect my experience with the game.
I was in the same boat as you, I watched the anime several times before I ever played the game so I had a "compare/contrast to the anime" sort of mindset when I played it on PS3. In the end, I thought the anime was a "very summarized" version of the game... almost all of the key events are in the anime, but the game is much more in-depth since there's like 100+ hours worth of character development in the game whereas the anime is 49 30-minute episodes, so ~25 hours. 26.5 hours if you include the movie.

Also, the game has DLC "Spinoff Stories" that... well, I have no idea what they entail at this point because PSN has been down during the entire time Clannad has been out. Access to each of the Spinoff Stories (there's over a dozen) is unlocked as you play through the main game and After Story, I'm looking forward to checking them out soon hopefully.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #23
Zetberg

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   2,500 Posts   Almost Golden   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Gold   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5

Wow 100+ hours. Too bad I don't understand Japanese at all. Guess I'll have to play a PC modded version (if there is any) . Thanks for the reply anyway .
Old 05-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #24
sunnygrg

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   A+ Thread Award   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
Which is quite funny since Heavy Rain is almost like a visual novel.

Plus NIS America is probably still sour that Sakura Wars V didn't do well. Though I think having them asking Idea Factory to make a Wii version of it was probably unnecessary anyways. Plus we only got Disgaea Infinite because of it being well Disgaea.

But there are visual novel games that have like say RPG gameplay, and like Toradora Portable has a platformer fighting mini-game. Though even just making decisions to alter the story can be considered gameplay in a sense.

A game is a game if it's available on a game system or even a handheld.
With Heavy Rain, they took a chance, a risk if you will. It involved a lot of publicity, public boasting from David Cage and the backing of Indigo Prophecy fans. With Clannad, I doubt the game will receive as much support as the former, but I am still hopeful for future VNs.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #25
Zetberg

Thanks to a good friend of mine, I got the english PC version of the game. Oh boy, some paths of the game are even more heartbreaking than the anime .

Anyway, does the PS3 version have exactly the same choices as the PC version ? If so, I'm sure I'll buy the PS3 version to pay my debt to Key for making such a good novel.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:46 AM   #26
MainComptonese
Banned

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Gold Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Thanks to a good friend of mine, I got the english PC version of the game. Oh boy, some paths of the game are even more heartbreaking than the anime .

Anyway, does the PS3 version have exactly the same choices as the PC version ? If so, I'm sure I'll buy the PS3 version to pay my debt to Key for making such a good novel.
Not exactly , the same choices , as there is no English option on the PS3 Version of Clannad , same goes with the PSP , PS2, Xbox 360 , etc .
MainComptonese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #27
Zetberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainComptonese View Post
Not exactly , the same choices , as there is no English option on the PS3 Version of Clannad , same goes with the PSP , PS2, Xbox 360 , etc .
I know. The 'english' version I have is just a patched version.
I want to know if the choices are the same for the Japanese PC version and the PS3 version.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #28
MainComptonese
Banned

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Gold Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
I know. The 'english' version I have is just a patched version.
I want to know if the choices are the same for the Japanese PC version and the PS3 version.
Yes, they are the same choices, that you would see in the walkthrough guides .
MainComptonese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:01 AM   #29
Zetberg

Awesome ! That's all I wanted to know. Thank you.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #30
Donkey-er

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeliana View Post
Just because I asked a question about the trophies doesn't mean that I'm *only* interested in the trophies, does it? I can say w/ 100% confidence that I have equal, if not greater, appreciation of Clannad's characters and story than most people. I mean hell, have you noticed my avatar and signature?
LOL, I think YOUR one of the few guys that imports this game coz of the story:P
most ppl will just get the trophies as fast as posseble, same here got a copy coming, won't bother with the story...

ow well, we'll always have ppl that "just don't get" why ppl spend so much money on games just for trophies...

Donkey-er is offline   Reply With Quote