Marvel Pinball: Civil War DLC ~ Trophy Guide

DISCOKING

http://i.imgur.com/qJlEkpK.png

MARVEL Pinball: Civil War Table ~ Trophy Guide

OVERVIEW:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 7/10 (Personal Opinion)
  • Offline trophies: 3 (2(B), 1(S))
  • Online trophies: N/A
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: Highly skill dependent (Min:2 hours, Max: 20+ hours.)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 2 (must play at least once each as Captain America and Iron Man)
  • Number of missable trophies: 0
  • Glitched trophies: 0
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No but changing the in-game settings will disable trophies.
  • Do trophies stack?: N/A
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: N/A

INTRODUCTION:

This Guide is for people who own the Marvel Pinball (MP) game (for the PS3 only). These are the trophies from the MP: Civil War Table DLC. Note that the tables in MP have 3 trophies vs. 2 in the Zen Pinball 2 (ZP2) version and the trophies in MP sometimes differ than the ones in ZP2. Click here if you are looking for the Zen Pinball 2: Civil War DLC ~ Trophy Guide: LINK

This trophy set includes the MARVEL Pinball: Civil War DLC table. As with most of the tables in MP, there are 3 trophies usually 2 dealing with various game modes and one that involves taking the table to wizard mode. For an in-depth Overview of pinball, see the Main MARVEL Pinball Guide by Vyrastas and StOrMtRoOpErMx19 as this one only covers the Civil War DLC trophies. You can change the in-game settings to give yourself for example 5 balls (lives) instead of the default 3, though doing so will disable trophies. If you do change the settings then simply click restore default settings so you can again earn trophies.

Note: Special thanks and credit goes out to kinjall for the banner images I used in the making of this Guide.

Edited by DISCOKING
Editorial Sweep.

http://i.imgur.com/PsdlV9q.png

TROPHY GUIDE

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/813/388.jpg Prison Break (B)

Break into the Prison and start the Ambush with Captain America on Civil War.

Step 1: After the Stanford multiball (in the beginning of the game) you must choose a side. For this trophy you must join Captain America's side. Use your flipper buttons to change sides and the :cross: button to select your choice.

Notice when the game starts that there are 3 robot guards blocking the entrance to where the Raft Prison (blue swirl area) is (at the top center of the table)

Step 2: Shoot the Robot guard with the ball. After you hit and knock down the 1st target; Wolverine will say "Hurry up!"

Step 3: You now have a timer to shoot the ball into the left "Flash Lane" To do this shoot for the left S.H.E.I.L.D. sink hole off the tip of the right flipper. If you shoot the S.H.E.I.L.D. sink hole, the ball will automatically travel around the "Flash Lane". This disables the first guard and it won't stand back up. If you fail to shoot the "Flash Lane" in time the robot guard will be back protecting the prison again.

Step 4: Shoot the second target (robot guard) and you will again get the message to "Hurry up!"

Step 5: This time shoot the right "Flash Lane" before time runs out. Shoot for the right S.H.E.I.L.D. sink hole off the tip of the left flipper. When you successfully shoot it, the ball will travel around the right "Flash Lane". This disables the second guard so that it won't stand back up.

Step 6: Shoot the ball up to the prison again and hit the 3rd target (guard). The prison (blue swirl) is now open.

Step 7: Shoot the ball into the prison. The trophy pops when ball goes into the blue swirl.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/813/AA2.jpg Law Enforcement (B)

Lead a successful ambush with Iron Man on Civil War.

Step 1: After the Stanford multiball (in the beginning of the game) you must choose a side. For this trophy you must join Iron Man's side. Use your flipper buttons to change sides and the :cross: button to select your choice.

Step 2: Keep hitting the "safe house" two targets quickly in rapid succession quickly, until the safe house opens up.

Step 3: When it opens, hit the ball in from the top right flipper. This starts a Multiball mode. During this mode you have to shoot (lock) three balls into the "Raft Prison" (blue swirl area). The trophy will pop after you shoot (lock) your 1st ball into the prison (blue swirl area).

For each ball you hit in the swirl will do one of two things:

1. If Captain America has any allies you will turn them back to neutral.

2. If Captain America has no allies then every ball you put in to the blue swirl will give you one ally.

Example 1: Captain America has 2 allies. I start this mode and shoot all 3 balls into the swirl. Captain America would now have 0 allies and I would have 1 new one.

or

Example 2: Captain America has 0 allies. I start this mode and shoot all 3 balls into the swirl. Captain America would now have 0 allies and I would have 3 new ones.

TIP: If you start Iron Man's ambush mode early in the game then that could be 3 potential allies, which could help you obtain the silver trophy for this table.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/813/5A6.jpg King and Goddess http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_silver.png

Unite all of the heroes on your side then start the wizard mode on Civil War.

Step 1: Get all allies to your side

TIP: I recommend Choosing Iron Man if going for this trophy. There are several methods to get allies and you will most likely have to utilize all methods to obtain all the allies. However, I find that Iron Man can accumulate them easier and faster (read below).

• Method 1: In the beginning: The Stanford Multiball: Every time you rescue 10 citizens, you will get 1 ally. Locate citizens by making successful ramp or orbit shots. Then you have to shoot either the left or right hole by hitting the ball off the tip of either flipper to save the citizens. This is very hard and I only managed to recruit one ally at most (this is after several tries) so don't worry if you don't get any allies here.

• Method 2: Hit ramps and orbits frequently you will get combos. After 4 hit combo you will trigger a super combo. During the super combo the flippers will automatically hit the ball a few more times and then give you an ally but each subsequent super combo requires one more hit. Therefore after a 4-hit combo (your first super combo), you would need a 5 hit combo to trigger another super combo and so on.

• Method 3: If the ball goes down your flipper in lane, you have 5 seconds to immediately hit an orbit for an ally. For example: The ball goes down your left flipper in-lane, it rolls over a trigger and lights up "REG" (for registration). You now have five seconds to shoot the Right Orbit (GAIN ALLY will be lit up on the orbit) and if you make the shot then you will have a new ally.

• Method 4 (For Iron Man Only):
    Shoot the blue swirl area in the center (The Raft Prison). Keep shooting it over and over will capture villains. The first one is Task Master. Every time you capture, you gain an ally. This is by far the easiest method.

• Method 5 - Start a fight:
    • Step 1. Spell FUTURE (if you are Iron Man) or Freedom (if you are Captain America). To spell these words shoot any ramp (2 main red ramps or 1 blue cross ramp accessed by top right flipper. Each shot on a ramp gives you a letter. You can check your progress below the flippers. Below left flipper is the red FUTURE for Iron Man. Below the Right flipper is the blue FREEDOM for Captain America. Notice that "FUTURE" is minus one letter, meaning less shots to be made for Iron Man.

• Step 2. Hit fight lane to start a fight.

• Step 3. Hit flashing lanes to win There will be 3 phases. Each phase consists of you shooting a flashing lane or orbit. They are randomly selected. Look for flashing lights to indicate to you which ramp or orbit to shoot at. If you win the fight you take one of the enemy's allies and turn him to your side but if you lose you will lose an ally to the other side.

[*]Method 6 - Start Iron Man's ambush mission (For Iron Man only):

• Step 1. Keep hitting the "safe house" two targets quickly in rapid succession quickly, until the safe house opens up.

• Step 2. When it opens, hit the ball in from the top right flipper. This starts a Multiball mode you have to lock three balls into the prison (blue swirl area).

For each ball you hit in the swirl will do one of two things:

1. If Captain America has any allies you will turn them back to neutral.
      2. If Captain America has no allies then every ball you put in to the blue swirl will give you one ally.

Example 1: Captain America has 2 allies. I start this mode and shoot all 3 balls into the swirl. Captain America would now have 0 allies and I would have 1 new one.

or

Example 2: Captain America has 0 allies. I start this mode and shoot all 3 balls into the swirl. Captain America would now have 0 allies and I would have 3 new ones.

• TIP: If you start Iron Man's ambush mode (Method 6) early in the game then that could be 3 potential allies.

Step 2: Shoot the Fight Lane

After you have all the allies lit up on your side; the Black Panther & Storm circle lights up in the center of the table. Shoot the fight lane. This will start the wizard mode and the trophy pops once you hit the fight lane.

The wizard mode is a 4-ball multiball with an infinite ball save. Just score as many points as you can by shooting ramps, orbits and lanes. When it's over, you flip sides and now everyone is against you on the other side and you have to try to get them back.

Edited by DISCOKING
Editorial Sweep.

• 1 year later...