The Chronicles of Riddick: Road Map

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 7.48/10

-Offline: 33 (28(B) 2(S) 2(G) 1(P))

-Online: 18 (14(B) 3(S) 1(G))

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 80-120 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable trophies: 3 (Bell Boy, Gabril, Sniper Rifle)

-Glitched trophies: None

-Cheats: None

Introduction:

Welcome to The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, which is actually three games in one. You get the remade Escape from Butcher Bay campaign (originally released on Windows/Xbox), along with the new Assault on Dark Athena campaign and online multiplayer. The gameplay is your basic stealth/shooter.

I prefer to play Escape from Butcher Bay first since it takes place before Assault on Dark Athena story-wise, but you can play the campaigns in the opposite order if you really want to.

Step 1: Escape from Butcher Bay

Play through the Escape from Butcher Bay campaign on Hard difficulty. It should take about 10-15 hours. If you're halfway decent at shooters, Hard is not that difficult. The majority of the trophies are story-related.

Check the trophy guide for tips/guides on the following trophies: Ring Fight Champion, Bell Boy and Chain Smoker. I suggest you do as many as you can during the playthrough to make things easier. For Chain Smoker, you can reload checkpoints to retrieve missing cigarette packs if necessary; you do not need to get them all in one playthrough. As soon as you get a cigarette pack, it is permanently saved; you do not have to get it again if you die.

Bell Boy has the potential to be missed because the quests are strung out across a large portion of the game, so pay close attention to this one. You'd basically have to go back and restart from an earlier section if you messed up and missed a quest.

After you complete Hard and finish the credits, replay the last checkpoint on Normal to get the Normal difficulty trophy.

Step 2: Assault on Dark Athena

Play through the Assault on Dark Athena campaign on Hard difficulty. It should take about 10-15 hours. If you're halfway decent at shooters, Hard is not that difficult. About half of the trophies are story-related.

Check the trophy guide for tips/guides on the following trophies: Stealth Master, Margo's Locker, Master of Drones, Miles Letter, Gabril, Sniper Rifle, Bounty Hunter. I suggest you do as many as you can during the playthrough to make things easier. If you are having trouble with any of them (i.e. Master of Drones on Hard difficulty), make note of the checkpoint where they occur and skip them for now. For Bounty Hunter, you can reload checkpoints to retrieve missing cards if necessary; you do not need to get them all in one playthrough. As soon as you get a card, it is permanently saved; you do not have to get it again if you die.

Gabril and Sniper Rifle have the potential to be missed because you have to backtrack quite a ways and the first one needs to be completed before the second can be obtained.

After you complete Hard and finish the credits, replay the last checkpoint on Normal to get the Normal difficulty trophy.

Step 3: Clean up the single player trophies

If you're missing any cigarette packs from Butcher Bay or any bounty hunter cards from Athena, then use a guide, load up the appropriate checkpoints and retrieve the ones you are missing.

You may have had trouble with the following trophies (from Athena) on Hard: Stealth Master, Master of Drones and Honest Fighting. If so, reload the appropriate checkpoints where those occur and change the difficulty to Normal or Easy before attempting them again.

Step 4: Online

The online portion is where you will spend over half of your platinum time. Most of the trophies are easily doable with a boosting partner, but Winner Level 3 (win 1,000 matches) and Basic Weapon Handling Level 3 (kill 10,000 people) are very long grinds. Considering that the servers have very little activity currently, you will definitely need to grind them out with a reliable boosting partner. Expect to spend some 70-100 hours on the online trophies, and possibly longer if you have to use multiple partners or deal with quitters often.

See the trophy guide for details and strategies on all the online trophies. A number of them have multiple requirements and you will probably need to keep track of them on paper somewhere. These types of trophies should only take around 5-10 hours if you have reliable partners and strategies set up ahead of time. Your biggest and mind-numbing time sink will be for Winner Level 3 and Basic Weapon Handling Level 3.

For a boosting partner, check here: Boosting Thread.

Thanks to kakihara301 and JL85 for the additional info regarding online.

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied guide.

You're gonna need WAAAAAAY more than 55+ hours to platinum this bad boy

If you have a better time to platinum, then tell me instead of just saying you need more. I didn't do all the online trophies, I went off what little others have said in the forum here and the range was around 50-80 hours.

Edited by Vyrastas

If you have a better time to platinum, then tell me instead of just saying you need more. I didn't do all the online trophies, I went off what little others have said in the forum here and the range was around 50-80 hours.

If you want the online trophies add me: Dj-Boss6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For an ACTUAL time on doing the online trophies, (not just saying WAAAY more) here's what I've figured out.

Doing the parameter trophies (Murderer, Funwrecker, BOOM, etc.) will take about 3-5 hours if you have 3 people to help with winning BB Riot solo, 2 people for Double Explosion Kill and Double Minigun Kill, and 1 good person for all others (triple kill, quad kill, etc.)

Now, I'm using the Fate's Dam Deathmatch boosting method. Once you figure out where EXACTLY to stand and aim, you can finish the match in as quick as 32 seconds, but you will usually average 38-50 seconds and get 9-13 kills. If you have a good partner you can each get 15 wins and 160 kills every hour. So, by that, it will take you 62.5 hours to get 10000 kills and 66.5 hours for the wins. I would also add a couple hours to that because you will have some matches where your respawn timing and grenade aiming WILL be off.

So a realistic time frame is 75 hours to finish online trophies.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Now I'm using the Pitch Black in Cold Storage method. I was getting frustrated with losing my aiming spot in Fate's Dam and having the matches take 90-120 seconds. Pitch Black in Cold Storage will ALWAYS be 38-55 seconds, even if you have to switch who is Riddick. No missed aiming. Plus, I average 17 wins an hour, instead of 15 with Fate's Dam. Doesn't sound like a lot, but 2 extra wins an hour can cut A LOT of grinding time.

EDIT 2: Another trick to cut time (thanks to JL85) - Sprint to the hole in Pitch Black. I have gotten match clear time down to a quickest of 32 seconds with a good initial spawn spot.

Edited by kakihara301

• 2 weeks later...

Also to add to the above post while using the pitch black method your going to get 9 kills a game no matter who starts off as riddick and better estimate time to plat would be 80-120 hours you'll only find yourself in the 80 hour range if you have a dedicated and experienced booster throughout the whole grind which is also not very likely as you'll have several partners quit on you because it truly is a long boring grind and to add insult to injury the game has no mic support

Also to add to the above post while using the pitch black method your going to get 9 kills a game no matter who starts off as riddick and better estimate time to plat would be 80-120 hours you'll only find yourself in the 80 hour range if you have a dedicated and experienced booster throughout the whole grind which is also not very likely as you'll have several partners quit on you because it truly is a long boring grind and to add insult to injury the game has no mic support

Seeing as JL85 is one of the better people I've had the luck to meet on PSN, I totally agree with what he says about the grind. No mic support is ridiculous. I've already spent 25-30 hours with him (that's more time than I spend with most of my family!lol) you are going to want to chat. It would be great to be able to talk, instead of messaging back and forth.

I suggest getting something to occupy your mind during the grind. JL listens to music. I turn on hulu.com and watch various TV episodes (Family Guy, Archer, etc.) in between matches. And messaging in downtime is good, too.

Just stick thru it. It goes by pretty quickly with something to occupy the time and a good friend to boost with!

I bought this game late last year but never got around to actually opening it. Being a completionist, i've been reluctant to start it knowing how far away from it's initial launch date i am. But, today, reading the last four post here has peaked my interest again. Couple that with the fact that my next buy ( Codemasters F1 2010) is'nt til September 24, and every game i have is platinum or 100% bar 1 (Soldner X Himmelssturmer), I'm going to open this one and see how far i get by September 24.

Thanks for the motivation guys. And keep up the good work.

Started this game last Friday. I did'nt like Escape From Butchers Bay very much but i do like Assault on Dark Athena. I'm currently at 34%. On the Main Decks mission where you control the drone to jam the large fan.

For anyone who has'nt played this game yet, i suggest shooting out all possible light fixtures as soon as you clear a room of all drones. There is alot of backtracking in this game and it is alot easier when you get back to a room and the lights are out. It helps alot with sneaking. Also, as someone previously suggested , make your first playthrough on hard. Then restart the last checkpoint on hard, pause it, change difficulty to normal and complete the last section to get the Normal playthrough trophy. I should be starting my online grind by Sunday.

Damn! I finished AODA today and my trophy did'nt pop. I read somewhere that if you stop at any point to go back to a previous checkpoint the game does'nt care. It thinks you only started from that checkpoint. I'm gonna have to play the entire game on hard again just for this trophy. It's my only single player trophy left.

I did decide to start the multiplayer today. So far so good. But, i see now what all the pessimism is about. i'm at 89 points after 7 matches. At this rate it will take me three months to plat this game. One way of looking at it is i'm getting my fifteen dollars worth.

I did decide to start the multiplayer today. So far so good. But, i see now what all the pessimism is about. i'm at 89 points after 7 matches. At this rate it will take me three months to plat this game. One way of looking at it is i'm getting my fifteen dollars worth.

You should be going a lot faster than that. Are you sure you are boosting on the right map and using the right method? There is a post in the forum about this and I highly recommend you read it if you haven't done so yet.

You should be going a lot faster than that. Are you sure you are boosting on the right map and using the right method? There is a post in the forum about this and I highly recommend you read it if you haven't done so yet.

Sorry if i miscommunicated, but the numbers i posted are for legit play, not boosted. I may end up boosting, but i wanna give it the ole college try first. But thanks for the encouragement.

P.S.

I finished my second run through on AODA Hard Difficulty. The trophy did pop this time. All i have left now is the multiplayer trophies.

Edited by matlock49g

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I know I'm reviving an old thread but, I'd like to address the mic issue. Can't you just create a voice chat room through the XMB and communicate that way? Just a thought. I don't have a mic so, I've never attempted it. I'm not even sure if it will work while in a game.

• 2 months later...

Since this Road Map has been improved and integrated into the new guide, this one will be closed and unstuck. Please continue all discussions there: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/chronicles-riddick-assault-dark-athena/159821-chronicles-riddick-assault-dark-athena-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

*Road Map closed*

Edited by Terminator
Fixed link.