Choplifter HD - Trophy Guide and Road Map

TheLowestKey

zk4MCal.png

If you like this guide and as a result decide to sign up to the forums, please give me a referral.

Click Here To Register!

VS7eFIJ.png

cGa2cu5.png

Estimated 100% Difficulty: 6.5/10 (Trophy Difficulty Thread)

Approximate Time To 100%: 8-12+ hours, skill dependant

Trophy Breakdown: 7 (B) 4 (S) 1 (G) 

Offline: 7 (B) 4 (S) 1 (G) 

Online: None

Missable Trophies: None, all trophies are available through chapter select

Minimum Playthroughs Needed: 1+

Difficulty Affects Trophies: Yes but "Normal" is available from the beginning and the only difficulty required.

Glitched Trophies: None reported at this time

Introduction:

Choplifter HD is a side-scrolling shooter game. Gameplay consists of flying to and from your base to either rescue survivors or destroy enemy equipment that is wanting to put you out of commission. During the game you will unlock a variety of helicopters, which use mini-guns and rockets to destroy the enemy. There are over 30 different levels and scenarios varying from rescuing P.O.Ws to saving viral-outbreak survivors. You must complete every level with a five star rating, as well as take out a certain number of different types of enemy to get to 100%.

Controls:

:ls: - Moves helicopter up, down, forwards, and backwards

:rs: - Aims the mini-gun

:r1: And :l1: - Rotates the helicopter to face the forground or for when returning the way you came

:r2: - Fires your mini-gun

:l2: - Fires your rockets

:cross:, :triangle:, :square:, :circle: - Boost (This drains fuel faster!)

Walkthrough:

STEP 1 - Complete The Campaign

"Normal" mode is the only difficulty that you are required to play on. It just so happens that "Normal" is the easiest difficulty. During your initial playthrough, do not focus on getting 5 stars on every level as you will need a better helicopter for some of the levels. Whilst on this playthrough you should pick up:

(S)Mission Accomplished

(S)Pacifist

(B)Trigger Happy

(B)Oopsies

(B)Unfriendly Fire

(S)Superhero

(B)Get The Scoop!

(S)No Stone Unturned

(B)Dinner Is Served

(B)Zombicide

(B)Goat For It!

STEP 2 - All Star

Now that you've completed your initial playthrough, it's time to go back through and get a 5 star rating on every level. This will be the most time consuming part but luckily StOrMtRoOpErMx19 has made a great video guide for those of you that want help on it Here.

This will gain you:

(G)All Star.

STEP 3 - Clean Up

If you are still missing any trophies now is the time to go get them via Chapter Select.

Edited by Viper
Replaced some missing images.

WZwYFTi.png

E09.jpg  Mission Accomplished (S)

Complete the game on NORMAL

"NORMAL" is the easiest difficulty in the game and is the only difficulty available from the start. Just beat every level and this trophy is yours.

E67.jpg  All Star (G)

Get 5 stars on all the levels

Just as it states, you must get 5 stars on every level for this trophy including "All Your Devs Are Belong To Us" after the credits.

Tips:

• Speed: Go as fast as you can without being reckless.
  • Hidden Objectives: Pick them up when you can, including saving Scoop and his cameraman.
  • Rescuees: Try your best to save all of them and not let any die along the way.
  • Kill enemies and destroy enemy equipment when you can while keeping your time down.
  • Landings: Don't try and land too fast, this could kill passengers and damage your helicopter.

I highly recommend using "Old Glory" or "Pheonix" helicopters when going for 5 stars.

If you're still having trouble, StOrMtRoOpErMx19 has made a complete video guide on how to get 5 stars on all of the levels here.

05B.jpg  Pacifist (S)

Complete all "Escape" missions without killing anyone

Certain missions will be marked "Escape" in the mission overview. I highly recommend using the "Old Glory" helicopter when going for this. Just make sure not to shoot, smash or destroy ANYTHING during your run through.

The following missions are "Escape" missions:

Operation Alpha Freedom

• A Snowball's Chance

Operation Bravo Breakout

• Bug Out!
  • Tank You!
  • The Sinking Feeling

Operation Charlie Takedown

• Urban Escape
  • Desert Showdown
  • Raven's Down

B1D.jpg  Trigger Happy (B)

Kill 100 enemy soldiers on one level, without restarting the level

A good level to get this trophy is "Kitchen Sink" under the "Operation Bravo Breakout" campaign. Just make sure you keep killing enemies and do not finish the level until the trophy pops up.

0D4.jpg  Oopsies (B)

Complete a level by killing all the rescuees

I chose "Prison Break" under "Operation Alpha Freedom" for this. Just go to where your rescuees are and lower yourself down like you're going to pick them up but DO NOT touch the ground. Once they start gathering, fire rockets and shoot them with your mini-gun. Once they're all dead return to base and the trophy will pop.

7C9.jpg  Unfriendly Fire (B)

Kill 10,000 enemies across all the levels

You will earn this trophy on your way towards All Star. Just kill 10,000 enemies and the trophy will pop. You can check your progress under the stats menu.

1DF.jpg  Superhero (S)

Complete Desert Rescue without letting any rescuees die

"Desert Rescue" is the last level unlocked in the "Operation Bravo Breakout" campaign. I highly recommend using the "Old Glory" helicopter, and make sure you prioritize the rescuees with the time limit on them. When going for the far rescuees, make sure you do NOT blow up any of the gates that are holding the other groups in along the way. If you do then on the way back the enemy will shoot them and at least one will die, causing you to have to restart. Take your time and be careful not to get hit by artillery or rockets while carrying passengers. If you make it back to base without anyone dying, the trophy will pop.

8B6.jpg  Get the Scoop! (B)

Save Scoop on every level he is present

Scoop is a reporter that is a "Hidden Objective" on missions. You will always find him and his cameraman together somewhere near a billboard with his face on it. The locations are listed below.

Spoiler

Flight Control

• Training Day (He is one of the two people you will rescue).
  • All Aboard (He is located right after you destroy the first two RED marked targets, in the street).
  • Shooting Gallery (Right after you cross the street in the beginning, on the concrete pad).
  • Looking Ahead (Right after the first dismounted soldier, standing in the light).

Operation Alpha Freedom

• Prison Break (Shortly after the Fueling Helipad, you will see him stand below a billboard with his face on it).
  • Jungle Boogie (Right after the third group of rescuees, right before the cliff drops off).
  • Feed A Cold (On an overpass right before the farthest group of rescuees).
  • Boogie Nights (Right after the fuel point, past the arch you have to fly under).
  • Trip Downtown (Before the last group of rescuees, marked with his billboard and a bright pink "X").
  • Pain In The AA's (Just past the fifth target on the ground past the building with his billboard).
  • Party's Over (At the far end of the level, past the last group of rescuees).
  • A Snowball's Chance (Towards the end of the level, on a small island with his billboard on it).

Operation Bravo Breakout

• Bug Out! (He's not far from the beginning of the level, on the ground near red buildings).
  • Seek And Destroy (Right below the first fuel point).
  • There Is No Place Like AAAhhh ZOMBIES! (Just past the last group of rescuees).
  • Tank You! (Right after the first tank, in front of the red building).
  • Hide And Seek (Not far after the start point, you'll see his billboard in the foreground and he's just past it).
  • The Sinking Feeling (Right after the fuel point, just before the building with his billboard).
  • J-E-T-S Suck! (From the helipad go left, he's right at the bottom of the hill).
  • Kitchen Sink (At the very far end of the map).
  • Desert Rescue (Shortly after the first field, just past where the truck attacks you).

• Urban Escape (Right after you enter a construction area with half-built yellow skyscrapers, he'll be on the ground).
  • Supreme Power (Right after the second full point).
  • Zombie Nation (In between the second and third targets).
  • Desert Showdown (He's just before fuel point). Note: Scoop's cameraman tends to get on first, and take the last seat in the helicopter. A second playthrough may be needed.
  • Shaken Not Stirred (He's standing right outside of your second target).
  • The High Life (He's just before you reach your first target near a water tower).
  • Hanging Around (He's past the farthest target on the level).
  • Raven's Down (Almost 1/4 way through the level he is with his cameraman on the the ground).
  • All On The Table (He's just over the wall of your second target).

Credits Level

• All Your Devs Are Belong To Us (He's almost at the very end of the level).

F72.jpg  No Stone Unturned (S)

Find all the secrets

Along with "Hidden Objectives" (Which DO include finding Scoop on every level), there are secrets that are NOT marked on the map. The locations are below:

Spoiler

Flight Control

• None

Operation Alpha Freedom

• A Snowball's Chance (The Where's The Beef hidden objective is just past where you pick up scoop. He is located in the foreground, and you must blow up the gate holding him in).

Operation Bravo Breakout

• There Is No Place Like AAAhhh ZOMBIES! (Just keep killing zombies, you'll know when you've killed enough because a breaking news story will pop up about the zombies thinning out).
  • Desert Rescue (Duke Nukem is located next to a bonfire just before the second fuel point).

• All On The Table (The "Blockhead" is to the right of the level from the helipad).

B46.jpg  Dinner is Served (B)

Kill 1000 chickens

Chickens can be found in the "Prison Break" mission under "Operation Alpha Freedom." They are just over the wall as you start the mission. Kill 1000 and the trophy will pop. Note: You can enter the level, kill the chickens, crash your helicopter, rinse and repeat.

C23.jpg  Zombicide (B)

Kill 1000 zombies

Zombies first show up in "Feed A Cold" under the "Operation Alpha Freedom" campaign. Kill 1000 and the trophy will pop. Note: You can enter the level, kill the zombies, crash your helicopter, rinse and repeat.

0BB.jpg  Goat For It! (B)

Make 100 goats faint

Goats can be found in the "Prison Break" mission under "Operation Alpha Freedom". They are just over the wall as you start the mission. You don't actually make them "faint" so much as just kill them. Kill 100 and the trophy will pop. Note: You can enter the level, kill the goats, crash your helicopter, rinse and repeat.

Edited by Viper
Replaced a missing banner.

• 2 months later...

One tip for Dinner Is Served , you don't need to crash the helicopter after shooting the first group of chickens. There is another group just before the fuel station and a third near the last group of civilians. If you fly from end to end the chickens keep respawning. You don't have to worry about the timer running out either. Once it runs out it just starts counting up.

Strangely the goats don't seem to respawn, so this won't work for Goat For It.

I don't think it's necessary to grind the zombie kills trophy. You should get it just by playing the zombie levels on the 2nd zombie level as there are a ton of zombies on that level. If you don't have it at the 2nd one then grind them, but I wouldn't waste your time on the 1st zombie level.

That's why there are multiple levels mentioned in the guide. It doesn't say grinding is necessary, some people just prefer to get their trophies knocked out quickly.

Okay, so initially I thought this game was fun, now it's starting to tick me off. Some of the later levels are cheap... how the hell am I supposed to rescue dudes in time when there are constant air raids and 3 tanks in the same spot?

Let me guess J-E-T-S Suck? All on the table? There are definitely some cheap levels. I'm stuck on the last level. I can drop the ranger off at all the spots, pick up the general and all the Hidden Ojectives with little trouble. But then on my way back this jet comes out of nowhere and lights me up before I can even react. I can deal with all the other jets in the level, but this one gets me every time.

EDIT:

Just finished the game. This was really frustrating. Getting the last star was also the most rewarding thing I've done in a game in a while. I didn't think I'd finish, let alone get all the stars.

There's a few things you can do to make this easier.

1) Upgrade to the next helicopters as soon as you can. The stats only go up a little bit from one to the next, but every little bit helps.

2) Always rescue Scoop and his camera man. You get an extra 500 points a piece for them and is well worth the time it takes to pick them up. They're hard to miss, and if you don't see them they're probably at the far end of the level.

3) Forget about the timer. This is the most important thing. At first I tried rushing through and it never worked. It's much more important to rescue everyone in the level and shoot enemies than to try to beat the clock.. There were several levels where I was 3 and sometimes 5 minutes over the alloted time. There is a penalty for going over, but it's easy to make up the difference by shooting everything and rescuing everyone.

That's what I did to get through it. Trust me, if it worked for me it'll work for you.

Edited by Keyser Soze

Let me guess J-E-T-S Suck?

Yeah that was the level. I finally got past it, and now I'm stuck on the level after that, don't remember the name. It's total bullshit, would anyone fly a chopper in this manner in real life?

I basically do what you mention and I still have trouble. I've been using the Agent Orange chopper that comes with that Zombie DLC since the stats are higher than any of the other early choppers.

What really annoys me is how some enemies constantly respawn and how they seem to have perfect aim. The other thing that's annoying are the enemies in the foreground, the ones who shoot RPGs at you... you have to turn in order to shoot them, but you can't shoot the RPG they just fired unless you turn back to a left/right direction. When you're in the middle of the mortars there's almost no way to avoid getting hit.

Or it could be that I just suck at this game.

Yeah that was the level. I finally got past it, and now I'm stuck on the level after that, don't remember the name. It's total bullshit, would anyone fly a chopper in this manner in real life?

I basically do what you mention and I still have trouble. I've been using the Agent Orange chopper that comes with that Zombie DLC since the stats are higher than any of the other early choppers.

What really annoys me is how some enemies constantly respawn and how they seem to have perfect aim. The other thing that's annoying are the enemies in the foreground, the ones who shoot RPGs at you... you have to turn in order to shoot them, but you can't shoot the RPG they just fired unless you turn back to a left/right direction. When you're in the middle of the mortars there's almost no way to avoid getting hit.

Or it could be that I just suck at this game.

Mortars are easy just wait till they hit the ground then u move its important to take it slow and not rush. I turn to the other direction :uzi:killing any rpg guys shooting at me and at the same time passing thru mortars

• 2 weeks later...
Let me guess J-E-T-S Suck?

I'm stuck on that level now, I was pretty much breezing through the game up until this point. I only tried it 3 or 4 times but it was really pissing me off so I gave up for the night. What's the best way to avoid the jets' missiles? Boosting either up or down seemed to work pretty well but I'd still get hit most of the time.

I'm stuck on that level now, I was pretty much breezing through the game up until this point. I only tried it 3 or 4 times but it was really pissing me off so I gave up for the night. What's the best way to avoid the jets' missiles? Boosting either up or down seemed to work pretty well but I'd still get hit most of the time.

Stay up high, that way once you see the jets fly by in the background you can go stop, go low and their missiles will go over you every time.

Stay up high, that way once you see the jets fly by in the background you can go stop, go low and their missiles will go over you every time.

Thanks for the tip! I could dodge them some of the time but most of the time they were just destroying me.

Edit: Got past that level and the next one, actually ended up gettings 5 stars on Jets Suck, now I'm stuck on the first or second mission of the last set. I think I'll get through this eventually though.

Edited by kdrcraig

• 2 weeks later...
Let me guess J-E-T-S Suck? All on the table? There are definitely some cheap levels. I'm stuck on the last level. I can drop the ranger off at all the spots, pick up the general and all the Hidden Ojectives with little trouble. But then on my way back this jet comes out of nowhere and lights me up before I can even react. I can deal with all the other jets in the level, but this one gets me every time.

EDIT:

Just finished the game. This was really frustrating. Getting the last star was also the most rewarding thing I've done in a game in a while. I didn't think I'd finish, let alone get all the stars.

There's a few things you can do to make this easier.

1) Upgrade to the next helicopters as soon as you can. The stats only go up a little bit from one to the next, but every little bit helps.

2) Always rescue Scoop and his camera man. You get an extra 500 points a piece for them and is well worth the time it takes to pick them up. They're hard to miss, and if you don't see them they're probably at the far end of the level.

3) Forget about the timer. This is the most important thing. At first I tried rushing through and it never worked. It's much more important to rescue everyone in the level and shoot enemies than to try to beat the clock.. There were several levels where I was 3 and sometimes 5 minutes over the alloted time. There is a penalty for going over, but it's easy to make up the difference by shooting everything and rescuing everyone.

That's what I did to get through it. Trust me, if it worked for me it'll work for you.

After I reached the JETS level, I forgot about the timer and I swear to god it does nothing as long as you kill stuff. On the very last level I got 5 stars on my first try and I went 10 minutes over the time limit.

Once I started taking my time rather than rushing, I breezed through the game and even was getting 5 stars a few times without trying.

The Jets pissed me off until I realized when they flyby they will shoot you at your current altitude so just go low and they will overshoot you every time.

"I'll get you an 8x10 glossy of myself" exclaims Scoop upon rescue. Ha.

Download the zombie DLC pack for the Agent Orange helicopter. It has 14 spots for passengers & 20 rockets. Funny how this pack is free but there is some helicopters for sale DLC. .99 cents for a helicopter is cheap. Now if I could only convert that from digital to material and sell it! :p

Oh and also the Agent Orange heli is quite durable when u bump into things, passengers don't die too easy and copter doesn't get damaged.

Edited by Paradigmatica

*Tip: If you are low on armour, in the red, you can land at a refuel depot and put yourself up to green. ;)

Another thing I'd like to add for anyone having trouble in the later levels in that you can buy the Night Avenger helicopter at the store. It will make the game much easier. Here is a review a guy does on it, ima go buy it now. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgjK_0KcVMM][HD] Choplifter HD Night Avenger DLC Helicopter Review - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Paradigmatica

Another thing I'd like to add for anyone having trouble in the later levels in that you can buy the Night Avenger helicopter at the store. It will make the game much easier. Here is a review a guy does on it, ima go buy it now. ;)

I used that chopper for all but the first few missions, definitely makes it a lot easier.

That's why the game is free on DLC, cause of the big advantages using the DLC choppers. Seems like with every free game on PS+ there is always a DLC catch in there somewhere. Oh thats business. Although I am very impressed with the games free this month.

GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV0FJHSYbvw]Predator - GET TO DA CHOPPA!!! - YouTube[/ame]

DATA CORRUPTION WARNING FROM THE DLC HUELY Helicopter

Dont download the Huely DLC it will cause data corruption in some levels and the game crashes. I researched it a bit and some other people have had that problem. The Night Avenger is the perfect copter anyway. :D

Edited by Paradigmatica

I took the liberty to get a description of all the DLC copters. Maybe you could add them to the guide. :)

-----------------

Choplifter HD DLC Choppers:

Albatross Chopper:

http://webassetsa.scea.com/pscomauth/groups/public/documents/webasset/103973-gatn-5244.jpg

A medically equipped helicopter for saving lives en route, the Albatross is great for those rescues with short timers!

Arrowhead Chopper:

http://webassetsb.scea.com/pscomauth/groups/public/documents/webasset/103974-gatn-5245.jpg

An advanced-radar equipped helicopter, the Arrowhead gives you the rescue head-count without having to fly to a pickup!

Huely Chopper (WARNING: Has been know to cause the game to crash while using this chopper):

http://webassets.scea.com/pscomauth/groups/public/documents/webasset/104976-gatn-5247.jpg

A heavily armored helicopter with superior firepower, the battle-proven Huely has great carrying capacity and extra-large fuel tanks for long runs into enemy territory!

Ostrich Chopper:

http://webassetsg.scea.com/pscomauth/groups/public/documents/webasset/103976-gatn-5247.jpg

A specialized rotor-tilting helicopter with fast top speed and large carrying capacity, the Ostrich is great for grabbing large groups of rescues in one go!

Night Avenger Chopper (recommended):

http://webassetsg.scea.com/pscomauth/groups/public/documents/webasset/103975-gatn-5246.jpg

A covert-action combat helicopter, the Night Avenger combines stealth, speed, armor, firepower, and more! If you’re stuck on a mission, this is the chopper for you!

• 1 month later...