Achievements/Trophies List

WINAS3

Agreed. $14.99 for a game without a platinum...sure that makes sense.

Yeah, I was looking forward to picking it up but at that price, I can get a couple of other games with more trophies instead. I'll try the demo and decide if I'll pick it up when the price drops in a few months.

To my knowledge, there's only a handful of games around that price-point that actually have a platinum trophy. I don't know why anyone would expect a low-cost downloadable title to have a platinum trophy, though.

:think:

Anyway, I just finished the demo and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The trophies look fairly easy too. I might consider a purchase.

Yeah, I was looking forward to picking it up but at that price, I can get a couple of other games with more trophies instead. I'll try the demo and decide if I'll pick it up when the price drops in a few months.

That's my plan too

To my knowledge, there's only a handful of games around that price-point that actually have a platinum trophy. I don't know why anyone would expect a low-cost downloadable title to have a platinum trophy, though.

:think:

Anyway, I just finished the demo and I enjoyed it quite a bit. The trophies look fairly easy too. I might consider a purchase.

That's just it. $15 isn't low cost. $10 and under is 'low-cost downloadable title' and generally THOSE do not have Platinums. Even then, look at how many used games you could buy from places such as Gamestop for $15 that DO have platinums :think:

If I can get this game for $5 in a year or 2 I'll do it, but $15 or even $10 is too high compared to other things I'm interested in getting.

Five extra dollars warrants a game to not be low-priced? Interesting.

Even at $15 there's hardly any downloadable games that have a platinum trophy.

If you're buying an used game for $15, it would have to be really old or just completely suck. If at that point you're buying it just for the platinum trophy, well then I guess that's just on you.

I think the key idea here is how fresh and new the game is. Every game will eventually get a price drop, but that's just it. Are you willing to wait? It's basically a decision between playing a new game that costs more or waiting to play an old game that costs less. That's really all it is. I'm one of those people that don't have a lot of patience, so I tend to buy things new rather than wait.

I grabbed Crysis today. Never played it, only $10 and has a platinum, not to mention 40+ trophies.

Platinum isn't everything, but $15 for 12 trophies is a bit steep. I'm sure it will be down to $10 in a month or two, and I certainly have enough games to keep me busy for a while....:whistle:

I grabbed Crysis today. Never played it, only $10 and has a platinum, not to mention 40+ trophies.

Platinum isn't everything, but $15 for 12 trophies is a bit steep. I'm sure it will be down to $10 in a month or two, and I certainly have enough games to keep me busy for a while....:whistle:

Crysis is a full retail title, though. At least it was at one point. Obviously retail titles added to the PlayStation Store are going to have platinum trophies.

Most $15 games usually have around 12 trophies, I don't know why that would be a surprise to anyone.

I bought Crysis too, when it came out anyway. I thought it was fun, but the frame-rate had "crappy port" written all over it. Still a great experience, though. I don't know why everyone said the game would never run on consoles. The game is much more linear than I had expected, so if a game like Far Cry 2 can run just fine on consoles, why couldn't Crysis?