Chime Super Deluxe - Trophy Guide & Roadmap

Zetberg

http://i.imgur.com/LDIycIZ.png

Thanks to RED_REBEL44 for the great header !

If you have found this guide helpful and therefore want to join the forum, please give me a referral upon signing up by clicking here.

Roadmap

Overview:

• Estimated Trophy Difficulty: TBA (Personal opinion: 9/10)

• Peripheral Requirement: At least two controllers

• Offline Trophies: 12 (7 (B), 4 (S), 1 (G))

• Online Trophies: None

• Approximate time to 100%: 5-15 hours (depending on skill and luck)

• Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed: 1

• Number of Missable Trophies: None

• Glitched Trophies: None

• Does difficulty affect trophies: No

• Do cheat codes disable trophies: None available

Introduction:

Chime Super Deluxe will seem familiar to those who have already played Lumines Supernova. If you have not, let's say that this game is Tetris-ish. Most of the trophies can be earned relatively easily but you will need a lot of skill to get them all. Anyway, the soundtrack is really good so if you are not too interested about trophies and want relaxing music, this game is also for you.

General Informations:

At any time, you can check the 'How to Play' section of the game. It contains everything you need to know about the game. You access this section from the main menu in the 'Help & Options' menu.

Controls

• D-pad or :ls: - Move shape

:l1:, :l2:, :r1:, :r2:, :square:, :circle: or :rs: - Rotate shape

:cross:, :l3: or :r3: - Place shape

:triangle: - Reveal coverage

Modes

• Single Player - Time Mode:

You play with either a 3-minutes, 6-minutes or 9-minutes time limit. By covering (or filling) 50% of a level grid, you'll unlock the next level. You gain additional time for each 10% coverage (10, 20, 30, etc.).

• Single Player - Free Mode:

You can play the levels you have unlocked without having a time limit. Ideal to enjoy each level soundtrack.

• Multiplayer - Co-op Mode:

With up to 4 players, work together to get highest score possible in a given time (same time limits as in Single Player - Time Mode). Teamwork is the keyword here as each of you can and should help the others with your shapes.

• Multiplayer - Versus Mode:

Test your skill and your luck against up to 3 of your friends. The winner will be the one with the most coverage by the end of the game (there are same time limits as in Single Player - Time Mode). With the ability to steal your opponents quads and coverage, you will have to be smart to win.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Unlocking all levels

Start by unlocking all the levels of the game while playing in Time Mode (Single Player) with a 9-minutes time limit. This way you will get used to the game. If you find the game too long when you reach the last levels, feel free to reduce the time limit.

During this step, try to get the 'Renaissance Man' and 'The Cross' trophies.

Step 2: Versus Mode and Free Mode

You should now be familiar with the game. First, play any level in Versus Mode (Multiplayer) to get the 'Thief!' trophy. Then play in Free Mode (Single Player) to get the following trophies (name of the suggested level in brackets):

• 'Dot Matrix Hero' (obviously 'Play With You')

• 'Tyrannosaurus Quad' ('The Looping Song')

• 'Glutton', 'Plate Spinner' ('Brazil')

Step 3: Last trophies

Now that you are comfortable with the game, play in Time Mode with a 9-minutes time limit to get the 'Centurion' and 'Clean Freak' trophies. Switch to a 3-minutes time limit to get the 'Overachiever' trophy.

All that is left is the 'Conqueror' trophy. You will need skill, quick quad-pattern analysis and luck to get it.

Special Step: 'Best Friends Forever' trophy

You have to play in Co-op Mode (Multiplayer) to get this trophy. It can be really easy or completely insane based on if you have skilled friend(s) to play with or not. You can play with up to 4 players. If you are alone, you will need huge skill and luck. If you have 4 players, this should be a cakewalk.

Closing Notes:

If you like Tetris, Lumines Supernova or games with relaxing music, you'll enjoy this game. If you want to share tips, strategies, complaints, etc. feel free to comment. If you have really important remarks about this guide (e.g. better way to get a trophy), and I didn't reply on this thread, send me a private message.

Thank you for reading and have fun !

Edited by Zetberg
reuploaded banner

Single Player trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/903/02.jpgDot Matrix Hero (B)

Complete stage 5 in Sabrepulse – Play With You

You can and should get this trophy while playing in Free Mode. There is no time limit so take your time. As soon as you've finished stage 5 (or reached 500% coverage) the trophy will pop up.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/903/03.jpgGlutton (B)

Create 10 perfect quads

This can be done on any mode but I suggest you to play on 'Brazil' or 'Play With You'. A perfect quad is when no shape fragment (or block bit) is left while you make a quad. Make 10 of them and the trophy is yours.

Note: Here are most of the perfect quads you can make on 'Brazil' and 'Play With You'. These are examples so there are many variations possible for each. The orange colored shape in each perfect quad should be the last one to be put in order to make the perfect quads. I've also made a gif to show how to create the perfect quads step by step.

http://i.imgur.com/eZGlOWE.jpg

I've also made a gif to show how to create the perfect quads step by step:

14rw4MM.gif

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/903/04.jpgTyrannosaurus Quad (B)

Create a quad containing 100 cells or more

I suggest you play 'The Looping Song' on Free Mode. The level is really wide and is perfect for the easiest method to get the trophy. Prepare a 3 square tall quad on the left (or right) side of the level. When ready make your quad, then keep expanding it to the right (or left) side of the level. Since the quad is only 3 squares tall, you shouldn't have any trouble expanding it.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/903/05.jpgRenaissance Man (B)

Create 3 quads before the beatline completes its first pass of the grid in Joe Hogan – Sympathy

:tagdatetime:

You have to be really quick to get this trophy. It takes 10 seconds for the beatline to pass the grid so you have to create 3 quads in the first 10 seconds of the level. Try to make small quads not too far from each other to use the least amount of time as possible. If you don't manage to make 3 quads before the beatline passes, just restart the level (Press :start: and select 'Restart Level') until you succeed.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/903/06.jpgThe Cross (B)

Create a quad using only the cross shape in Plaid – Tender Hooks

You can get this trophy in any mode. The grid in 'Tender Hooks' is divided in 5 sections. Leave the far left one for the cross shapes the others for the rest. As soon as you see a cross shape, put it on the far left section. Four cross shapes are enough to make a quad. Once you have made one, you'll earn this trophy.

Note: the quad requiring the less cross shapes should look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/U0O4Vkd.jpg

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/903/08.jpgPlate Spinner (S)

Have 4 active quads on screen at once

This can be done on any mode but I suggest you to play on 'Brazil'. Prepare four quads which should be close to each other. When ready, make the quads one after another as quickly as you can. An active quad has a bar progressing to the top of it so you must have four quads like this at the same time to unlock this trophy.

Note: Here is one representation of how to prepare the four quads close to each other:

http://i.imgur.com/h3EPuVO.jpg

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/903/09.jpgCenturion (S)

Attain a x100 multiplier in any level

This can only be done in Time Mode or Co-op Mode and you should play on 'Brazil' or 'Play With You' with a 9-minutes time limit. This should give you enough time to get the trophy. Focus on making perfect quads as you won't lose your multiplier this way.

Note: Check 'Glutton' description to see some perfect quad examples.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/903/10.jpgClean Freak (S)

Attain 100% coverage in any Time Mode or Co-op Mode level without losing your multiplier

Follow 'Centurion' description and be sure to make your quads on non-covered spots of the grid.

Important note: You must have more than a 100% coverage to unlock the trophy. Be sure to make at least another quad once you have reached stage 2 (or 100% coverage) and you will get the trophy. (Thank you to bettisb for pointing this out)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/903/11.jpgOverachiever (S)

Attain at least 100% coverage, a x50 multiplier and create a perfect quad in a single 3 minute Time Mode game

Follow 'Centurion' description but play with a 3-minutes time limit instead a 9-minutes one and be sure to make your quads on non-covered spots of the grid.

Important note: You can lose your multiplier while playing but you must be sure to have a x50 multiplier when you reach stage 2 (or 100% coverage). Otherwise you won't get this trophy. (Thank you to jacklum and Footzker for pointing this out)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/903/12.jpgConqueror (G)

Reach at least 100% coverage on all 10 original levels in the game in 3 minute Time Mode

This is the hardest trophy of the game. The levels get harder to finish since the shapes become more and more complex. Try your best to make perfect quads on the early levels or at least try to not leave too many shape fragments. For the latest, try to cover one section at a time. It will take a while to master all levels but you will eventually beat them.

Multiplayer trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/903/01.jpgThief! (B)

Perform 10 quad steals in Versus Mode

:tagmulti::tagequipment:

Versus Mode is not online so you must have at least two controllers to get this trophy. This can be done on any level. To perform a quad steal, you must first make a quad with the second controller. Then expand it with the first controller. It will take 3 or 4 expansions to steal the quad. Repeat until you get the trophy.

Note: You don't have to do all the 10 quad steals on the same match.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/903/07.jpgBest Friends Forever (B)

Attain 100% coverage within 2:22 minutes in any level in Co-op Mode

:tagmulti::tagcoop::tagequipment::tagdatetime:

Co-op Mode is not online so you must have at least two controllers to get this trophy. You will need either good friend(s) to play with or incredible skill to get this trophy alone. In my opinion 'Play With You' is the easiest level to complete. If you have friend(s), each of you should focus on one section of the level.

If you are alone, I can't really give you advice besides making perfect quads.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced a missing image.

If I was to make a suggestion for the 10 perfect quad trophy, which also helps for some other trophies, it would be to do away with the gif in favour of normal images. It would just be alot easier you could see all the possible perfect quads at once and have them to one side while playing.

For the 100x multiplier trophy Is there an indication on screen of what my multiplier is at any given moment? I thought it was the little things in the top left corner but I don't really know what the represent. Maybe I'm just being stupid on this one but would appreciate if you could help out.

Other than that good work on the guide! :)

If I was to make a suggestion for the 10 perfect quad trophy, which also helps for some other trophies, it would be to do away with the gif in favour of normal images. It would just be alot easier you could see all the possible perfect quads at once and have them to one side while playing.

The gif also shows how to make the perfect quads (i.e in which order you put the shapes). I know the big gif is not really practical. So what do you think is better: normal images (last frame before the perfect quad frame) or gif for each perfect quad example ?

For the 100x multiplier trophy Is there an indication on screen of what my multiplier is at any given moment? I thought it was the little things in the top left corner but I don't really know what the represent. Maybe I'm just being stupid on this one but would appreciate if you could help out.

Other than that good work on the guide! :)

Check the inside of the last quad you have made. It should show the current multiplier.

Example:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4047/chimesuperdeluxe.jpg

Edited by Zetberg

The gif also shows how to make the perfect quads (i.e in which order you put the shapes). I know the big gif is not really practical. So what do you think is better: normal images (last frame before the perfect quad frame) or gif for each perfect quad example ?

Hmmm, that is a good point about the order and It's up to you as It's your guide. Maybe the picture could be numbered? or the last piece that should be entered could be a different colour? Maybe just make a bigger gif with all 7 side by side? If that isn't to difficult. I ended up just drawing out the quads on a piece of paper for reference while going for a couple of trophies. I guess some people would prefer the gif and some would find it easier the way I did it. You could even cater to both.

Check the inside of the last quad you have made. It should show the current multiplier.

Example:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4047/chimesuperdeluxe.jpg

Ah so I was just being stupid lol. Can't believe I missed that the whole time I've been playing. Thanks.

Hmmm, that is a good point about the order and It's up to you as It's your guide. Maybe the picture could be numbered? or the last piece that should be entered could be a different colour? Maybe just make a bigger gif with all 7 side by side? If that isn't to difficult. I ended up just drawing out the quads on a piece of paper for reference while going for a couple of trophies. I guess some people would prefer the gif and some would find it easier the way I did it. You could even cater to both.

:facepalm: didn't think about coloring differently the last piece of the quads. I'll make a big image with the quads side by side then.

Ah so I was just being stupid lol. Can't believe I missed that the whole time I've been playing. Thanks.

We are even now. Thank you for the good suggestion sir. ;)

Edit: Alright. I put all the perfect quads side by side and coloured the last piece that should be placed to form the quads. What do you guys think about it ?

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/5082/perfectquads.jpg

Edited by Zetberg

yeah I like that perfect quad chart you have going. My problem now is making perfect quads with the shapes in the later levels. Some of them are so obscure and I havent really taken the time to try to experiment with them. I gotta get back to this game,

yeah I like that perfect quad chart you have going. My problem now is making perfect quads with the shapes in the later levels. Some of them are so obscure and I havent really taken the time to try to experiment with them. I gotta get back to this game,

Like I've said, in the last levels you shouldn't focus on perfect quads. I've managed to beat all levels by making long quads and covering one section at a time.

yo zetberg one more question, for the co-op trophy where you gotta get 100% within 2:22...do you need to get it within 2:22min in real time, or do you need to beat a 3min mode while having :38 seconds left on the clock?

You have to beat the stage within 2:22 minutes in real time. I've beaten many times 'Play With You' with one minute left in a 3min time mode.

• 1 month later...
You have to beat the stage within 2:22 minutes in real time. I've beaten many times 'Play With You' with one minute left in a 3min time mode.

well i know you get extra time depending on the amount of coverage you have so what does the clock need to say when u finish the stage?

Can you get the Conqueror trophy in Co-op?

I'm not 100% sure but I think so, since I've unlocked some trophies while playing Co-op Mode on other testing accounts (eg. 'Glutton').

well i know you get extra time depending on the amount of coverage you have so what does the clock need to say when u finish the stage?

You have to check your time with a timer since the extra time you get will vary upon player's skill/speed.

You have to check your time with a timer since the extra time you get will vary upon player's skill/speed.

haha gotta do it the old fashion way huh? lol

btw, great job on the guide, its helped me out a lot.

Edited by archchimaira

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the guide, just picked this game up on the PSN sale. :)

Wanted to add for the perfect quads, the easiest way is to place three long, straight pieces side by side with nothing else touching them. So each time you get one just place it to the side and don't build on it until you get another straight piece. It's very easy to remember.

Edited by Lil_Mermaid_Girl

• 1 month later...

It's too bad that this game doesn't have online co-op because that would have made some of the trophies a lot easier. My girlfriend says she doesn't know what she is doing when she is playing this game. Admittedly it took a while for me to get the premise of the game and become effective at creating perfect quads. I have 100%+ the first half of the levels in Singleplayer 3 minute mode. I have 98% in a couple of the second half but the last two levels I can't get past 75% yet. I have learned how to make perfect quads with the "C" and plus pieces but then I am still in the mentality of putting things perfectly together.

Good thing I just read the trophy guide to chuck that and just go for coverage and move somewhere else and then come back when the multiplier has gone.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...