Your favorite party members [potential spoiler warning]

he1senberg

I just got him so I haven't had a chance to try him out yet, but I did like the fact that he not only has haste, but also a passive that increases the duration of it.

I like Robert and Finn because I've always been fond of archers and black mages. Robert also has a pretty nice critical and dodge rate, but his physical-damage-only skillset kind of limits his utility when you come across physical resistant enemies.

Aurora. Mid-game I didn't use her as much because I focused on Finn and Robert. I brought her back near the end of the game and the dark creatures hardly stood a chance. Her Light Ray packed a punch.

Golem was my favorite power character until Óengus arrived. I used them both in battle at once, but Óengus is just more powerful so I benched Golem. I liked the character of Golem more.

Gen and Rubella were very helpful in healing and slowing down opponents, but I would start getting behind and felt like I was reviving them more than fighting.

I never used Tristis.

Top 3: Aurora, Óengus and Finn.

I used Tristis mainly for his haste and unstoppable skills. Currently using Aurora and Óengus for the damages.

I use him with Aurora most of the time, for the same reason (Unstoppable skill) : comes in handy at boss fights. You don't have to worry about getting interrupted all the time. I have used everybody a little bit and I switch mid battle at times.

Maybe I'm not that far into the game, but I only have up to Norah. Who comes next?

Favorite characters: Aurora and Norah

But I use them all balanced

I think Robert (an archer) should be next. Like a couple of others here, I'm starting to main Aurora a lot more. Very versatile damage dealer between her Light Ray and Slash attacks, with above average and balanced stats to back them up.

I've been holding onto all of the stardust because I haven't been sure on how I've wanted to distribute them (i.e. evenly to all party members, or all to 1-3 party members). Depending on how much I like the last party member, I think I'll end up giving the Lion's share to Aurora, with maybe a bone or two to Finn to boost his speed and magic.

Norah is best character. I used her for boss battles due to her support skills, and with her decent strength stat, she was able to assist in damage output as well.

Aurora was almost exclusively in my party. Except for one particular boss fight in endgame where I relied on Finn exclusively.

The combo of Oengus and Aurora and the tanking technique works wonders. I beat the final boss, with just those two exclusively.

Aurora and Oengus, using his Taunt+Defend, then just let loose with Aurora's multiple target attacks. Used a few combinations throughout but that was my favourite.

Robert and Finn were pretty good too. Finn having all 3 types of magic attack (Fire/water/electricity) was handy.

Dropped Gen in for a group slow down or speed up when I had the chance, and Rubella for healing, then brought back one of the big 4 right away.

I used Tristis maybe twice, cycled him out.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Actually, I found most of the party useless. I liked Aurora and her Starlight ability because it did good damage even to non-dark enemies. Finn was great for fire/water/lightning and I used him often. Oengus was just brute power and he was my third most used once he joined. I used Rubella for a while, but Oengus and Finn were just more useful. Finn was more useful when more spells/upgrades were unlocked.

The rest just didn't do enough to make it worth using them. I used Tristis maybe twice, and Gen maybe twice. Norah...she was kinda cool, but...well...yeah. [spoiler=red]Too bad she was evil and then you kill her by the end. She won't be back for any potential DLC. :p

Aurora & Óengus

Óengus was clearly the strongest character, and I had Aurora fully buffed with anything I collected throughout the game. When it came to New Game+ I blitzed it with them until I had collected enough shards to complete my Princess Diamond.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...