Having trouble 'feeling' the beat.

UpgradePolecat

So, I've been playing this game for some time now, and I'm having an incredibly hard time to 'feel' the beat. The game itself isn't too difficult: beat Hard, beat Normal, got 100% Purification on all Normal levels, but I haven't beaten Hope yet.

But, I haven't even gotten my first four-star yet. :\ I just can't 'feel' the beat to this game. I only rarely get a multiplier higher than x4 or something, and that I got the unlock on Matrix for ten consecutive Octa-Locks was a massive stroke of luck.

I try to bob or bounce along with the beat, or tapping along with the beat but I invariably lose it somewhere. Even if I AM on the beat (I try to release on the 'thump' in the soundtrack), I don't seem to score Octa-Locks.

I have vibration on, but it's either too faint, or too slow to actually get the Octalocks. Not even getting started on segments such as the start of Journey, where I have absolutely no clue how to get perfect Octa-Locks.

I'm getting the feeling that I'm missing something incredibly simple here, but I haven't the foggiest what it really is. It's getting slightly frustrating, really.

Any hints or tips? I know for certain that I can do it once I figure out what I'm missing.

• 1 month later...

I know exactly what you mean. I have the same problem. Before I took a break with this, I had a few sections figured out quite well, where I would be able to keep the multiplier going. For example the Pheonix battle. There are a lot of sections though where I think the timing of the beat changes and I can't make out the actual beats.

Is that correct? I think on some levels when I initially get it right if I just keep counting 1. 2. 3. 4. I still end up missing at some point.

Does anyone know if there is a software out there that measures BPM and that might make it possible to set an electronic metronome up to match the beat of each level. Then you could listen to the metronome instead and turn the audio of the game off? :think:

• 2 months later...

I just can't feel the beat to this game, is there any other tricks than what has been posted?

EDIT: Alright I think I might of found a way but probably has been posted already, have a 2nd controller and put it on your lap to help feel the beat, this has kinda worked but now really need to work on skill in this game. This is going to be very hard for me, I think harder than Dyad.

EDIT2

Finally got a gold star on Evolution normal, this is much harder than Dyad.

ARRRRRGGGGGGG keep messing up Passion for the gold star on normal only, every time i come close, I mess up:2walls:

Finally gold star Passion on normal, now on to hard mode:wall:

So close to gold star in passion on hard but miss one little thing towards the end and I was spamming to make sure arrrgggggggggg

I had it but nope I got hit 3 times at the end :2walls:

Finally Gold Star passion on hard, holy shit that was one of the hardest challenges ever. Now just 3 more levels to gold star then to just clear hope and most likely play journey a few times over till plat.

Gold star Evolution on hard, this one gave me a lot of trouble on normal and of course hard. Just 2 Matrix and Journey to gold star, hope they're much easier than Passion.

Having a good day on 5/11/13 as I gold star Matrix, just Journey and I was close and I know I'll get it just too tired for now. Once I wake up full of energy I'm gold staring the final level. Then just Hope to clear but I haven't tried it yet, just hope it's not going to be extremely hard as this game has pushed me to my limits.

EDIT # IDK lol Woooooooo gold star all leves now, just need to play journey a few more times than the hope level than plat.

So close to plat yet so far, that level Hope is giving me no hope. Made it level 10 but died there, too much stuff and can't make it to 10 with full health.

Edited by omnislash

• 5 weeks later...