Child of Eden Road Map & Trophy Guide

QuantumMercury

y7vRzpU.jpg 

ROADMAP

Please do not copy or steal my work, if you want to use any information listed in my guide please contact me first.

Overview:

-Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 9 / 10

-Offline: 50 [38(B), 9(S), 2(G), 1(P)]

-Online: 0

-Approximate Time to (P): 15-30 Hours (Extremely Skill Dependent)

-Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed: 12

-Difficulty Affect Trophies?: Yes [All Archives Must Be Mastered On Hard]

-Number of Missable Trophies: None [via Archive Select]

-Glitched trophies: None

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No Cheat Codes

INTRODUCTION

Child of Eden is a rhythm-based rail shooter based on shooting targets in unison with the beat of the music in the levels. It is the spiritual successor to the PS2 classic Rez. It has some of the greatest music to grace video games and the visuals are absolutely stunning in HD. The platinum trophy is no joke and few will have the patience, skill and determination to attain it so prepare for a challenge if you want to attempt this game. Due to the uniform nature of the trophy list many of the trophies overlap in tips and descriptions. The good part is if you pick up on rhythm games quickly you should move along the learning curve quickly and most trophies will come naturally.

**NOTE: I platinumed this game and wrote this guide based on using the DualShock 3 controller, NOT the PS Move. If you choose to play with the PS Move the game's learning curve is different and all strategies I outline may not be applicable. I highly recommend you use the DS3 for platinum and the move for casual gameplay.**

Step One: Normal Playthrough

When you first start the game you will have to progress through the game on Normal difficulty and you will have to progress through each level in a linear fashion to unlock each successive level. Simply play through each level just worrying about completing them.

Step Two: 100% Runs and Gold Stars on Normal

I would recommend you not go to the newly unlocked Hard mode after beating normal. You should go back and focus on beating each level with 100% purification and then after that go for the Gold Stars (100% and over 800,000 points) on Normal. See the video guides I have posted in the Trophy Guide for a Gold Star walkthrough.

Step Three: Hard Playthrough

After getting Gold Stars on Normal play through Hard mode. Your skills should be very tuned from getting Gold Stars on Normal so you should know the levels, enemy spawns, which enemies are the most potent threats and your planned strategy of attack.

Step Four: 100% Runs and Gold Stars on Hard

This will be the main deciding factor of who is elite enough for the platinum trophy. First, only focus on getting 100% purification and surviving. Then take on the task of trying to get the Gold Star on each level (Gold Star on each level = 800,000 points + 100% purification in the same run). Tips for each level is listed in the Trophy Guide.

Step Five: Beat Hope and Focus on Collectibles

Hope is unlocked after you beat Normal but I recommend saving it for last. It is a level that will focus on surviving and will require a lot of practice. From there you should focus on getting the Super Collider trophy and Ultimate Compiler for the last trophies you need before Platinum.

Edited by Gage

TROPHY GUIDE

1L691db2.png

The Purest Shining Light - (P)

Unlocked all Trophies.

Normal Difficulty Trophies

02.jpg  - The Wireframe Web Expands (B)

Cleared the Matrix Archive on Normal Difficulty Mode.

See Pulse-Pounding trophy. Watch the video for a walkthrough on how to beat the level if you cannot do it normally.

03.jpg  - Phoenix Rising (B)

Cleared the Evolution Archive on Normal Difficulty Mode.

See Magnificent Aura trophy. Watch the video for a walkthrough on how to beat the level if you cannot do it normally.

04.jpg  - Field Of Dreams (B)

Cleared the Beauty Archive on Normal Difficulty Mode.

See Flawless Beauty trophy. Watch the video for a walkthrough on how to beat the level if you cannot do it normally.

05.jpg  - If The Spirit Moves You (B)

Cleared the Passion Archive on Normal Difficulty Mode.

See Constellation Overdrive trophy. Watch the video for a walkthrough on how to beat the level if you cannot do it normally.

06.jpg  - Giver Of Life (B)

Cleared the Journey Archive on Normal Difficulty Mode.

See Impeccable Virtue trophy. Watch the video for a walkthrough on how to beat the level if you cannot do it normally.

17.jpg  - Genius Play (B)

Cleared the Matrix Archive on Normal Difficulty and achieved 100% purification.

See video under Pulse-Pounding trophy.

18.jpg  - Crackerjack (B)

Cleared the Evolution Archive on Normal Difficulty and achieved 100% purification..

See video under Magnificent Aura trophy.

19.jpg  - The Thinker (B)

Cleared the Beauty Archive on Normal Difficulty and achieved 100% purification.

See video under Flawless Beauty trophy.

20.jpg  - Luminous (B)

Cleared the Passion Archive on Normal Difficulty and achieved 100% purification.

See video under Constellation Overdrive trophy.

21.jpg  - Radiant Avalon (B)

Cleared the Journey Archive on Normal Difficulty and achieved 100% purification.

See video under Impeccable Virtue trophy.

22.jpg  - Absolutely Fabulous (B)

Cleared all the Archives on Normal Difficulty and achieved 100% purification.

You must clear all 5 levels with 100% of enemies killed. See the video guide I posted below for the 800,000 point normal trophies for all enemies that need to be purified and keep track of the % of each area after every major enemy encounter to make sure yours matches with mine.

24.jpg  - Pulse-Pounding (B)

Obtained more than 800,000 points in the Matrix Archive on Normal Difficulty.

As mentioned in the roadmap it is recommended to only undertake this challenge after you have completed the 100% purification on the level. I will be referring to GOLD STARRING this level (100% and 800K points) in my description for all 800K point trophies. To achieve the 800,000 point mark you must be able to time the release of the Octa-Lock (locking onto 8 enemies at once with :cross:) with the beat of the music in order to build an 8x multiplier and maintain it. I found tapping my foot to the beat of the music makes doing this a lot easier. If you mess up more then 3 times you will likely have to restart the level as getting 800,000 points can be very challenging from there. The best tips I can give is mainly on a section to section basis which would be too long to type out so I made a video for each archive. See below and follow the tips outlined for each section and watch the purification rate at the end of each major enemy encounter to make sure yours matches mine. If it doesn't you've missed an enemy and will have to restart the level for the Gold Star. If you only want the 800,000 points you do NOT need to get 100%, you can get 800,000 points with as little of 75% purification if you maintain a perfect combo throughout the level. Another key tip is to make sure you save your Euphoria, you should never have to use it on Normal and by keeping all 3 (2 you pick up in the level) you will get an ending bonus of +100,000 onto your score which often makes the difference for reaching the 800,000 point. Video guide for this level is here:

25.jpg  - Magnificent Aura (B)

Obtained more than 800,000 points in the Evolution Archive on Normal Difficulty.

See general tips listed under the Pulse-Pounding trophy. Video guide for this level is here:

26.jpg  - Flawless Beauty (B)

Obtained more than 800,000 points in the Beauty Archive on Normal Difficulty.

See general tips listed under the Pulse-Pounding trophy. Video guide for this level is here:

10.jpg  - Constellation Overdrive (B)

Obtained more than 800,000 points in the Passion Archive on Normal Difficulty.

28.jpg  - Impeccable Virtue (B)

Obtained more than 800,000 points in the Journey Archive on Normal Difficulty.

Edited by Gage
Embed fix

Hard Difficulty Trophies

07.jpg  - Matrix Archivist (B)

Cleared the Matrix Archive on Hard Difficulty Mode.

Hard mode presents a new set of challenges. Changes from Normal difficulty include:

- Enemies will have more health (Octa-Lock fills up faster/Enemies require more hits to die).

- Enemies may be in larger numbers (2 instead of 1).

- Enemies shoot more purple missiles at you.

- Frequency of purple missiles increase (Less time to kill enemies before they shoot).

- The speed at which purple missiles come at you is increased.

- Damage is doubled (You lose 2 pieces of health when hit, meaning you can only be hit twice before dying when at full health).

Specific to the Matrix archive there is actually not much of a considerable difference, if you just want to pass the level focus on surviving and remember from Normal playthrough enemies that shoot purple missiles at you (ie fishes from the red blocks section).

08.jpg  - The Great Evolution Round-Up (B)

Cleared the Evolution Archive on Hard Difficulty Mode.

Evolution differs mainly from the long "eel" like creatures in section two, they require 3 octa-locks to kill and the giant squids as well. My recommendation is to kill the squids by spamming :r2: + :cross: and octa-lock everything else. If more than 1 "eel" creature starts shooting purple missiles at you you probably should restart. The boss fight in this section (against the Phoenix) is also very tough. I list tips in my video from Magnificent Aura but you MUST take it slow and begin to shoot the purple missiles right as they appear because they move so fast and there are so many of them.

09.jpg  - Shimmering Brightness (B)

Cleared the Beauty Archive on Hard Difficulty Mode.

This archive may seem hard at first but with practice it'll be one of the easiest to beat. The key to beating Beauty is speed. You have to be quick moving with the reticule in order to take down the purple missiles that enemies fire. There is a higher number of enemies in this level that shoot them at you so it is advised to save this archive for later once you've become more skillful at taking down the purple missiles.

10.jpg  - Unforgettable Fire (B)

Cleared the Passion Archive on Hard Difficulty Mode.

This is probably the hardest level to beat because the things that can kill you move very quickly and attack with haste. It is advised you spam :r2:+ :cross: just to beat this level. The last section (where you are on the solar panels) requires use of the tracer (:r2:) for the purple squares and the lock-on (:cross:) for the yellow panels. Make sure you take these out quick because if you don't they will disappear and shoot purple missiles at you.

28.jpg  - The Journey's End (B)

Cleared the Journey Archive on Hard Difficulty Mode.

This is probably the easiest archive to beat on hard because it's just a summation of the previous archives for the most part. The only section that will may pose a challenge is the 3rd set of rotating blocks around the sphere in area 5. The purple missiles they shoot out are hard to keep track of and counter to destroy, Save a Euphoria for this area, it will kill everything on the screen and move you to the next section.

23.jpg  - Total Eclipse Of The Heart (S)

Cleared all the Archives on Hard Difficulty and achieved 100% purification.

You must clear all 5 levels with 100% of enemies killed. The percentages of progression in each area of each level is a bit different because enemies have more health therefore killing a fish in Matrix may be worth 2.5% on hard when it was worth 2.3% on Normal. But use the normal run 100% videos as a reference for enemies you should be killing because enemy spawns are the same on hard and normal.

29.jpg  - Time Becomes A Loop (S)

Obtained more than 800,000 points in the Matrix Archive on Hard Difficulty.

This is where it starts to get crazy, again I will be referencing these trophies as getting 100% and over 800,000 points for the GOLD STAR. Matrix has its easy sections which are more or less the same as normal but areas 2, 4 and 5 can be frustrating. In area 2 make sure you get all the yellow fish (spam :r2: + :cross: on them) to ensure you get them all. Area 4 requires you to be very fast to get all the targets, you shouldn't bother octa-locking multiple enemies in this area because you'll likely miss them or mess up your combo. I used a Euphoria in area 4 against the moving red fish. In area 5 you MUST be very quick to eliminate all the enemies (do not focus on destroying the orbs) in order to get the 2 squid-like creatures to spawn when the final orb opens up. If only 1 squid spawns you have messed up.

30.jpg  - The Calculator (S)

Obtained more than 800,000 points in the Evolution Archive on Hard Difficulty.

This Gold Star can be VERY tough, the entire level is fairly easy once you know the route you are going to take (where you feel comfortable octa-locking and where you feel you need to use :r2: + :cross:). You can use Euphoria at the end of the 2nd last section (with the stingray and the purple shells that spawn before entering the next area) if you need to but it is recommended you save at least 2 Euphoria to get a 50,000 point bonus at the end. The ending Phoenix boss battle is pretty tough because the amount, frequency and speed it launches purple missiles at you. It is advised you octa-lock once and wait for purple missiles so you are ready to take them out ASAP. You should be able to reach the Phoenix with all 5 pieces of health and make sure you do NOT use Euphoria when you are fighting the Phoenix because it will severely deter your ability to get 800,000 points.

31.jpg  - Fireworks From Heaven (S)

Obtained more than 800,000 points in the Beauty Archive on Hard Difficulty.

Regarded as one of the hardest archives to get a Gold Star in. The main focus should be getting 100% purification without breaking your combo and reaching the lotus with 3-5 pieces of health. You will actually get close to 500,000 points in the Enigma Lotus battle alone so reaching that area with 300,000-350,000 and an 8x multiplier should be your goal. This assumes you do not break your multiplier in the battle which if you've made it this far should pose no problem. You should not need to use Euphoria at all throughout the level.

32.jpg  - You Sure Showed Them (S)

Obtained more than 800,000 points in the Passion Archive on Hard Difficulty.

This is (in my opinion) the hardest level to get a Gold Star in. The 2nd section can be tough to manage as you have to position your reticule perfectly to ensure you get a full octa-lock on each side of the gates and be quick enough to release (in the beat) to get the enemies after the gate. I used Euphoria in the section where over 8+ enemies spawn in (after the second gate) which took out the third gate as well and ensured I got 100% purification in that area. The running men section is also tough because of the amount of purple missiles they shoot at you while you are rotating. Focus on the purple man first and octa-lock the orange man a few times before spamming :cross: to ensure you get 100% purification. The solar panel area just requires speed of elimination of targets, wait too long and they turn into purple missiles messing up your 100%. The final boss battle is also tough because it shoots a lot of purple missiles at you. It is advised to take a hit rather than use a Euphoria so reaching the final boss with 5 health is almost a must.

33.jpg  - Gunslinger (S)

Obtained more than 800,000 points in the Journey Archive on Hard Difficulty.

This is the easiest of the 5 hard stages to get a Gold Star. It has a lot of areas for potential points. The key is to NOT break your multiplier because there are lots of areas that have high point enemies and killing them with the 8x bonus yields a very high score. The only section that may be tough is the 3rd set of rotating blocks around the sphere in area 5. The purple missiles they shoot out are hard to keep track of and counter to destroy, Save a Euphoria for this area, it will kill everything on the screen and move you to the next section. It is the only place you should use a Euphoria.

Edited by Gage

Collection Trophies

12.jpg  - Matrix Completionist (B)

Obtained all items in the Matrix Archive.

See Wanderer trophy.

13.jpg  - Evolution Pack Rat (B)

Obtained all items in the Evolution Archive.

See Wanderer trophy.

14.jpg  - Eye Of The Beholder (B)

Obtained all items in the Beauty Archive.

See Wanderer trophy.

15.jpg  - Endless Passion (B)

Obtained all items in the Passion Archive.

See Wanderer trophy.

16.jpg  - Wanderer (B)

Obtained all items in the Journey Archive.

You will naturally get this trophy while going the 100% purification trophies on each level. Items in levels refer to health circles and Euphoria. Enemies must be killed and/or areas must be purified to a certain percent in order for them to drop the item. There are always 2 Euphoria per level and around 4-6 health pieces per level.

45.jpg  - Dabbler (B)

10% of Extra bonuses unlocked.

See Super Collider trophy.

46.jpg  - Collector (B)

25% of Extra bonuses unlocked.

47.jpg  - SRSBZNS (B)

50% of Extra bonuses unlocked.

48.jpg  - Maniac Play (B)

75% of Extra bonuses unlocked.

49.jpg  - Super Collider (S)

100% of Extra bonuses unlocked.

If you pull up the menu and click on extras the game will tell you all the specific tasks you require to achieve in each archive to unlock an extra. All will come naturally as you work for Gold Stars. The only additional criteria you will have to work towards is beating each level without getting hit (Except Hope, you can get hit in that level) and beating Hope (The challenge mode).

Note: Lumi's Garden rewards do not count towards this trophy.

44.jpg  - Ultimate Compiler (G)

Collected all Reward Items in Lumi's Garden.

Each time you beat a level you get to add a reward to Lumi's Garden. There are 4 rewards on each level and 3 versions of that award. This means you must beat every level 12 times (Except Hope) and you will get this trophy. It doesn't matter if you play on Normal or Hard.

Star-Rated Trophies

41.jpg  - Automaton (B)

Achieved a 4 Star Clear Rank.

See Master of Eden trophy.

42.jpg  - Savant (B)

Achieved a 5 Star Clear Rank.

43.jpg  - Hierophant (S)

Achieved a Gold Star Clear Rank.

50.jpg  - Master of Eden (G)

Cleared all Archives on Normal and Hard Difficulty Mode with a Gold Star Clear Rank.

This is the mother of all trophies. This is what you are working towards and getting this trophy will net you 80% of the trophy list. This is what makes the game a 9 (borderline 10) out of 10 difficulty. Many will not have the skill, patience or dedication for this trophy because Gold Stars must be attained on normal and HARD! Basically, look at every trophy related for 800,000 points I have outlined strategies for Gold Starring each level. For a Gold Star you need 100% Purification and over 800,000 points in the same playthrough on a level.

Misc Trophies

39.jpg  - Hope Springs Eternal (S)

Cleared the Hope Archive.

Hope is the challenge mode unlocked after you clear all 5 archives on Normal. It is very hard to beat and is 10 levels long and lasts between 20-30 minutes. Thankfully you only need to beat the level and not worry about getting a Gold Star or 5 stars of 100% purification. Beating the level is hard enough. The hardest stages are stages 6 and 10. Each stage is hard to pass without getting hit (the rest can be timed with practice to make it past without damage). It is important to note that you only have 3 health (can get hit twice before dying) and only 1 Euphoria, It is advised you save your Euphoria for stage 10 on the area where you are swarmed by enemy gold bullets. Stage 6 requires you to be quick with your cursor in order yo get past the walls, I found it easy to move from one side of the wall to the other systematically.

37.jpg  - Figure Eight (B)

Purified an enemy using Octa-Lock.

Hold :cross: until your reticule kills up with 8 enemy lock-ons and then release :cross: to unlock this trophy.

38.jpg  - Feel The Beat (B)

Achieved a Perfect Octa-Lock.

Hold :cross: until your reticule kills up with 8 enemy lock-ons and then release :cross: to the beat of the music to unlock this trophy.

34.jpg  - Hot Shot (B)

Achieved a total of 100 Perfect Octa-Locks.

You'll get this naturally, time the release of oct-locks (locking onto 8 enemies/parts at once) with the beat of the music to get a perfect octa-lock.

35.jpg  - The Skills That Pay The Bills (B)

Achieved 10 consecutive Perfect Octa-Locks.

You'll get this naturally, time the release of oct-locks (locking onto 8 enemies/parts at once) with the beat of the music to get a perfect octa-lock. You must get 10 in a row without messing up.

36.jpg  - Total Enlightenment (B)

Euphoria used.

You start each level with 1 Euphoria, simply hit :circle: to use it and unlock this trophy.

40.jpg  - The Cleaner (B)

All enemy types purified.

You'll get this while going for 100% purification on each level. You only need to purify enemies in the main 5 archives and not Hope.

Edited by Gage
Embed fix

//

Really, really great guide- thanks a lot. The video talk/walkthroughs

are priceless, as you explain where the percentages should be at

certain points and how to spawn the bonus enemies.

Managed to get my first gold star on Matrix just now (after so many tries!)

Thanks again!

-m.

P.S. Do you think you will do a video for Hope, or is it too long?

//

You're very welcome!

It's not too long unfortunately I disconnected my recording equipment when I decided to play Hope (Cause I was playing other games that I didn't need to record) and forgot to reconnect it when I attempted Hope.

Hope is pretty self-explanatory, survival is the only thing you need to worry about and once you master stage 6 you only have to worry about stage 10. After about 10-15 tries I was able to consistently get to stage 10 with all 3 pieces of health and my Euphoria. So with practice you'll get it.

• 2 weeks later...

I play on XBOX, but your videos have been very helpful and I have a tip that makes Master of Eden MUCH easier to complete. When you play with the Kinect the requirements to get gold stars on a level are much lower. I think that 100 % purification and 600k points is enough (650k+ is enough), and it might even be lower. So basically when playing on the Kinect any decent 100 % purification run gives you the gold stars. I would assume it's the same if you play with the Move, but I cannot know for sure of course.

Not many people have played this game seriously on the Kinect (by just scoring 800k on a level you move to the top 20 of the leaderboards), so I suppose that is why this fact seems to be unknown. I've never actually played with the regular controller so I can't say which is easier, but getting all the trophies can definitely be done with either control setting. Although maybe I shouldn't talk, because I haven't completed the gold stars on hard. Also, I can't get 800k on beauty on normal. I keep messing up to the beat in that level for some reason.

Edited by offcell

• 2 weeks later...

Is this game easier with the Playstation Move? I have one lying around in my house somewhere collecting dust because I don't have many games that are compatible with it. I want to try and put it to use. Also, can I use the Playstation Move controller alone, or will I need the navigation controller as well?

Is this game easier with the Playstation Move? I have one lying around in my house somewhere collecting dust because I don't have many games that are compatible with it. I want to try and put it to use. Also, can I use the Playstation Move controller alone, or will I need the navigation controller as well?

No, I found it much harder. I've edited the guide to say I wrote it based of the controller not the Move.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the guide, dude, I'm on my way to Platinum now (I hope), having Gold Starred the first two levels on normal and hard. Great guide! Looking forward to being part of such an "exclusive" club heh.

Edited by ProjectXii
NVM: You mentioned it in the videos heh.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wondering, how long are the levels on average in this game? It looks amazing and if i get a move someday i reckon ill play it casually all the time. I have soo many others games to play now though so i probably wont get it until i get a move. Anyway great guide! Your video walkthroughs are soo much help, you did it for BF3 and it was a lifesaver for some of those SP and Coop trophies. Keep it up

• 4 weeks later...
Just wondering, how long are the levels on average in this game? It looks amazing and if i get a move someday i reckon ill play it casually all the time. I have soo many others games to play now though so i probably wont get it until i get a move. Anyway great guide! Your video walkthroughs are soo much help, you did it for BF3 and it was a lifesaver for some of those SP and Coop trophies. Keep it up

Check how long the times are on each of the videos I posted. I played this game a long time ago but I don't think any level is beyond 15 minutes except for the bonus level Hope.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently deliberating whether to pick Child of Eden up, just got a question I'd like to ask first though, you might know the answer hopefully :)

I played Rez HD on the 360 a couple of years ago, loved it and got the 200/200 I can't recall it being too difficult. Do you know how much harder this game is in relation to that?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I'm currently deliberating whether to pick Child of Eden up, just got a question I'd like to ask first though, you might know the answer hopefully :)

I played Rez HD on the 360 a couple of years ago, loved it and got the 200/200 I can't recall it being too difficult. Do you know how much harder this game is in relation to that?

Can't really say, trophy wise this would probably be harder but it's really just about memorization and timing. If you're not rhythmically challenged with time you'll be able to do this game no problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Gage changed the title to Child of Eden Road Map & Trophy Guide