XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

View Poll Results: Rate the trophy difficulty...
1 - Very Easy 2 3.03%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 1 1.52%
6 3 4.55%
7 5 7.58%
8 10 15.15%
9 23 34.85%
10 - Very Hard 22 33.33%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
Woody

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Bingo   Woody's Canaries   First PS4 Game Nights   5,000 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Gold Submission   Killzone Gaming Night Award
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Default Platinum Difficulty Rating

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.50

Voting Guidelines
  1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Thanks to Red_Rebel44 for the sig.

Last edited by Darth_Krid; 01-28-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
Ajescent

haha, I came here hoping to check the difficulty to see how long it would take but alas
Old 10-11-2011, 05:52 AM   #3
Aeliana

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   PAX Meet Up   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Just started Child of Eden tonight (currently at 17% trophies after a couple hours) so I'm not voting yet, but this is definitely going to be a hard Platinum. X360A has it rated 9/10 Difficulty due to Master of Eden, which requires a score of 800,000+ and 100% Purification on every level, both on Normal and Hard. But hey, I'm up to the challenge.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
Aeliana

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   PAX Meet Up   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Now up to 64% (41/50 Trophies) and am officially voting 8/10. Like I mentioned in another thread, Gold Stars on Hard definitely separate the men from the boys in Child of Eden, but they are far from impossible. Since the archives and their enemies are always the same, it's all a matter of memorization, reflexes, and rhythm. Practice makes perfect.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
QuantumMercury

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

I pretty much have the plat, 1 trophy separates me from it which I will do soon. I am rating a 9/10. It's not the HARDEST thing ever but it requires a lot of practice, timing and memorization.

Now that I am so close I feel like rating it more like a 7-8/10 but I remember how hard Passion was on hard.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:08 AM   #6
MutableNando

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I'm giving this game a nine. I just got the platinum, and it takes some real dedication to memorize every level for the gold stars. You also need cat-like reflexes for on-rails shooters. It took me a solid month of on-and-off play to finish, but it's a beautiful game so I'm glad I stuck with it.
MutableNando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
Malufet

Rating 8/10. I initially thought I'm rhythmically-challenged but i got the platinum, so it's not too bad. Timing the beats.. it's all muscle memory eventually.
Malufet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
LuminanceBreath

I give it a 10. But that doesn't mean you can't do it. Just very challenging. The trick is the beat mechanic and maintaining your multiplier. Once you figure out how to get a perfect octa-lock consistantly, the game becomes all about memorization and, yes, "feeling the beat." The hardest archive for me was Matrix. In the last section of the archive, you seem to have to release your octa-lock shot just slightly ahead of the beat that you hear to get and maintain your 8x multiplier. Or, it could just be that I was trying to figure out how to get consistant perfect octa-locks.

LuminanceBreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
ScorpioOfShadows

Send a message via MSN to ScorpioOfShadows Send a message via Yahoo to ScorpioOfShadows Send a message via Skype™ to ScorpioOfShadows

10 - This game is impossible for me

Youtube Gameplay Channel | Facebook Page

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
ScorpioOfShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #10
wowaka

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Not sure why people rated 5-7, but ok...

I got plat in about 5 days. I found the hardest part getting my first gold star. After that, it was easy. Some people say that normal is easy, and hard is much more difficult, but it's an almost identical level which you memorized already. How much harder can hard be? :c
For me, the hardest level was the second level. I didn't know you could get a combo on the whale at the end though, so my scores were always barely above 800k, even though I kept my combo the whole level. The first level was actually tough as well, especially on hard. The other three levels were better, but easier. I found that I rarely broke the combo on those last three which is why I had some crazy scores.

I'm still surprised how I went for this platinum. I just kept playing the first level over and over trying to improve my scores. So determined!

Originally I wanted to rate a 9, but after coming back to the game 2 months later, I was shocked at the difficulty, so 9.5.

Being on a sequel... or DLC!
wowaka is offline   Reply With Quote