Rate the trophy difficulty...  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.50

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 2 weeks later...

Just started Child of Eden tonight (currently at 17% trophies after a couple hours) so I'm not voting yet, but this is definitely going to be a hard Platinum. X360A has it rated 9/10 Difficulty due to (G) Master of Eden, which requires a score of 800,000+ and 100% Purification on every level, both on Normal and Hard. But hey, I'm up to the challenge. ;)

Now up to 64% (41/50 Trophies) and am officially voting 8/10. Like I mentioned in another thread, Gold Stars on Hard definitely separate the men from the boys in Child of Eden, but they are far from impossible. Since the archives and their enemies are always the same, it's all a matter of memorization, reflexes, and rhythm. Practice makes perfect.

• 1 month later...

I pretty much have the plat, 1 trophy separates me from it which I will do soon. I am rating a 9/10. It's not the HARDEST thing ever but it requires a lot of practice, timing and memorization.

Now that I am so close I feel like rating it more like a 7-8/10 but I remember how hard Passion was on hard.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I give it a 10. But that doesn't mean you can't do it. Just very challenging. The trick is the beat mechanic and maintaining your multiplier. Once you figure out how to get a perfect octa-lock consistantly, the game becomes all about memorization and, yes, "feeling the beat." The hardest archive for me was Matrix. In the last section of the archive, you seem to have to release your octa-lock shot just slightly ahead of the beat that you hear to get and maintain your 8x multiplier. Or, it could just be that I was trying to figure out how to get consistant perfect octa-locks.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure why people rated 5-7, but ok...

I got plat in about 5 days. I found the hardest part getting my first gold star. After that, it was easy. Some people say that normal is easy, and hard is much more difficult, but it's an almost identical level which you memorized already. How much harder can hard be? :c

For me, the hardest level was the second level. I didn't know you could get a combo on the whale at the end though, so my scores were always barely above 800k, even though I kept my combo the whole level. The first level was actually tough as well, especially on hard. The other three levels were better, but easier. I found that I rarely broke the combo on those last three which is why I had some crazy scores.

I'm still surprised how I went for this platinum. I just kept playing the first level over and over trying to improve my scores. So determined!

Originally I wanted to rate a 9, but after coming back to the game 2 months later, I was shocked at the difficulty, so 9.5.

Being on a sequel... or DLC!

• 1 month later...
10 - This game is impossible for me

I thought I would never said this about a game but I have to agree. This is harder than SFIV, NGS2 and UMV3 which I all gave a 10 to but this I feel just beyond that. I have a concept of feeling the rhythm but just not fast enough. I won't vote but this is 11/10.

Ok finally got my plat and this is a easy 10. Getting the gold star in both normal and hard is very hard but passion gold star on hard is insane. Also clearing the hope level is rough.

Edited by omnislash

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

8/10. I struggled with Normal Gold Stars, and thought after Hard I'd be pushing it up to a 9/10, but honestly Hard wasn't that bad. I had already mastered the levels, so got 4 of the 5 Hard Gold Stars in one night (as opposed to over 3-4 days like Normal), and got the last one the morning after. The game is definitely hard, but it's very doable. Awesome game, too.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

8/10

Absolutely beautiful game! But with great beauty, comes great difficulty!

Not going to lie, I just saw a friend had this platted. So I figured I'd do it too... I played it for like a day and went "Right. Okay. What", and then left it for 5 months... I finally got back to it and finished it off in about a week (or just over)

This platinum requires mastery. You will need to "master" this game (at least to a certain extent), in order to conquer its trophy list. The good thing is, the levels are static - meaning you merely have to memorise their events and enemy spawns; playing the different archives over-and-over will inevitably sculpture you into a 5 gold star requirement adequacy

There's also a rather infamous fish on the first archive called the Matrix that my friend had deemed "Ernesto" - it spawns out of a cube rather late, and most of the time the oblivious trophy hunter will destroy this cube before it even spawns; thus messing up 100% purification (purification = % of enemies destroyed) meaning you can't get gold stars on that level... You don't even understand how many times I'd complete the Matrix to find out I only had 99% purification because of that Satan-spawn...

My aforementioned friend and I had some competitive fun in trying to beat each other's scores on the Matrix. I'd beat his score, he'd beat mine, I'd beat his again. But then he just went ahead and absolutely obliterated my score by getting #12 on the leaderboard (I think I had #23). Ah, well...

Anyways. Amazing visuals, amazing music, amazing game - pick it up!

Edited by Aela