How to boost online?

Ok, so this is just pitiful! The trophies state that only ranked matches count, is that right? There's no way to invite ppl to a rancked match and a friend of mine and I tried for almost an hour to connect to a ranked quick match at the same time, with no luck... it didn't connect either of us to each other or anyone else!

So we decided to try a player match, sending invites but it would never let either of us join the others game!

So what are we doing wrong here? Is this how the server is normally, I've never been so frustrated with a crap game!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, since it's on the way, I may as well also ask these questions:

1. Do I have to search for my boosting partner after every ranked match? Or can we just continue to play against each other during our entire boosting session?

2. Is there anything I need to unlock in the offline in order to make the boosting online go smoother? I prefer to knock out the online right away, but I'll wait if necessary.

Thanks for any tips/suggestions you all have.

Well, since it's on the way, I may as well also ask these questions:

1. Do I have to search for my boosting partner after every ranked match? Or can we just continue to play against each other during our entire boosting session?

2. Is there anything I need to unlock in the offline in order to make the boosting online go smoother? I prefer to knock out the online right away, but I'll wait if necessary.

Thanks for any tips/suggestions you all have.

1. You'll need to search after every match.

2. Nothing you do offline effects the online so you can go for the online trophies first. I would suggest playing a bit of the offline first to know how everything works.

1. You'll need to search after every match.

2. Nothing you do offline effects the online so you can go for the online trophies first. I would suggest playing a bit of the offline first to know how everything works.

Yeah, I was going to use this method pretty much verbatim. Do you still think that playing offline is necessary to get an idea of what's going on?

Yeah, I was going to use this method pretty much verbatim. Do you still think that playing offline is necessary to get an idea of what's going on?

It depends if you're use to this kind of game it's kind of like Pokemon Stadium on N64. I personally had problems understanding what was what at first but after playing two offline battles I understood everything. You and your boosting partner could try and see if you both understand. So it really is up to you but it doesn't take long to play a bit of the offline if you choose to the whole game passes by quickly.

Edited by Dark_Adonis

We jumped right into the online and after a match of WTF moments we figured it out quickly and started cruising along. Of course an hour later and 7 wins each was kind of frustrating, I felt we played more so not sure if some didn't count or if it just felt like more.

You also don't acually seach for a teammate, you just hope to get paired up. We had no problems as I was only ever randomly paired with someone else once while we were boosting. If you have boosted NHL 2K10 it is the same matchmaking method.

We jumped right into the online and after a match of WTF moments we figured it out quickly and started cruising along. Of course an hour later and 7 wins each was kind of frustrating, I felt we played more so not sure if some didn't count or if it just felt like more.

You also don't acually seach for a teammate, you just hope to get paired up. We had no problems as I was only ever randomly paired with someone else once while we were boosting. If you have boosted NHL 2K10 it is the same matchmaking method.

So, do we search for each other at the same time? Or does one person get into a room and then the other tries to find them?

EDIT: I'm sure this will be painfully obvious when I start the online. I just like to prepare myself.

Edited by Cauchy

So, do we search for each other at the same time? Or does one person get into a room and then the other tries to find them?

EDIT: I'm sure this will be painfully obvious when I start the online. I just like to prepare myself.

It will be. There are NO lobbys, NO Search options. You select multiplayer, ranked, and quick game I believe and it puts you in a game. If you do it at the same time the chances are VERY high you will play each other.

• 1 month later...
Thanks again to you and everyone else. What a great community we have here. :hug:

Did you get it to work at all? Im just curious since i have 20 dollars gamestop cash and they have this and bakugan for 20 bucs ( http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78520 ) so i was jw :D.

As a side note, thanks for the single player only platinum list, it helped me immensely.

• 3 weeks later...
Did you get it to work at all? Im just curious since i have 20 dollars gamestop cash and they have this and bakugan for 20 bucs ( Gamestop.com - Buy Bakugan and Chaotic: Shadow Warriors 2Pack - Playstation 3 ) so i was jw :D.

As a side note, thanks for the single player only platinum list, it helped me immensely.

this is a REALLY easy boost, but an extremely tough game to find a boosting partner for. the online community is non-existent. that means if you don't have a boosting partner, no platinum. there are only 100+ people on the ranking board and only one person has more than 50 wins (56 i think). so nobody is playing this for fun... just for the platinum... all of that being said, i would love to boost with anyone who is looking since i only have 18 wins on my main account and zero on my secondary.