General Trophy Discussion

olsen77

• 9 months later...
"Spend an hour in training mode at once"

God damn it. Why would you do that :mad:

You know, that trophy is pretty painless. Simply in one session, leave the game on and return in an hour. Of course if it requires non-stop training (i.e., moving around and such) just fix up your controller with a rubber band. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Weird. The list doesn't seem that hard (except for Survival in theory, and that may have an exploit anyway) but a lot of trophies have a very low % of achievers. It's not that they are glitching, right?

None of the trophies are glitched, but most trophy hunters have been avoiding this game for several other reasons. The most popular reason being that the gold trophy is very difficult if you aren't good at zoning/combos.

Too bad I lost my trophy guide I had totally written, now I forget all the ending requirements and whatnot. Oh well, about the Survival trophy, I'm totally up for doing it legit but for the trophy guide's sake, is there no easy (or dare I say it, spam strategy) for it?

With Hikaru I spammed 236B (projectile) against characters such as Bravo who almost never jumped, and spammed 623B (anti-air) against characters who like to jump a lot such as Rui. However, there are times when the A.I will find a way to get close to you, and when that happens, then it's better to know at least one high damaging combo in order to keep the risk of losing down to a minimum. Kudlak (Boss version) will always appear as your last opponent, and I do not recommend trying to zone him as he will do a better job at out zoning you. He always goes for a super when he has enough meter, so be defensive until he wastes his meter. Against Kudlak, I always waited until he did a move, then I would immediately do A+B to dodge closer to him and do my best combo. If he didn't have meter, then I would just keep going for pokes into the combo until it was successful. In order words, stay in Kudlak's face as he is weak without meter up close.

Kudlak is weak up close, period. Even his Supers have a very brief startup during which he can be hit out of them, and he is horrible at taking pressure, trying to go for his special moves even when he should just use his physicals.

By the way, Hermes is extremely good at aggression. You can play her as a bait character by laying traps, but her regular attacks are all surprisingly good for doing big damage.

...I really should add my secondary account to my sig. It's where I do most of my gaming lately...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Why is this trophy full of Bull S#%t. I don't remember having this much trouble with other survivor trophies in fighting games. The most victories I have ever hade was 43. And then I jump the gun. Damn u people who got the infinite health glitch.

Not gonna lie, I wish I knew about the infinite health glitch before doing Survival Mode legit. Anyway, here is the method that I used to beat Survival Mode. I used Hikaru for the following reasons: Decent zoning, very good anti-air move, and very good combos that are easy for me to do.

Best two moves to select for Hikaru at the Character Selection screen: 623A/C and j.236236B/D

My method on using Hikaru in Survival: I spammed 236B (projectile) against characters such as Bravo who almost never jumped, and spammed 623B (anti-air) against characters who like to jump a lot such as Rui. Against Kudlak, I always waited until he did a move, then I would immediately do A+B to dodge closer to him and do my best combo depending on if I had meter or not. If Kudlak didn't have meter, then I would just keep going for pokes (2A or 5A) into the combo until it was successful. In order words, stay in Kudlak's face as he is weak without meter up close.

BnB combo without meter: 5A, 5C, 5D, 6B, 623A, 236A, 5A, 2C-d.uf Cancel, j.A, j.C, j.D, j.623B/D.

BnB combo with 3 meters that I like to do: 5A, 5C, 5D, 6B, 623A, 236A-B+C Cancel, 214214B-A+B Cancel, j.236236B, (after the j.super, wait until opponent is in view, then do the following moves again), 214214B-A+B Cancel, j.236236B, (your meter should run out right after that last super). Now you can add in 5A, 2C-d.uf Cancel, j.A, j.C, j.D, j.623B/D at the very end, but I do not recommend doing that unless your timing is good. Hope this information helps you and good luck.

Edited by GoldUnit1001
Forgot to mention something.

This trophy is killing me... After I switched to Celia II I've made it to 50 twice and lost at 49 once. I can regularly get to the 40s, but I have a few bad matchups where I get seriously torn up when they are actually aggressive, so one of those can easily end my run (Hermes, Cerberus, and sometimes Celia or Rui). Sigh. I'm gonna keep messing with it, but this really feels worse than DOA5 survival.

This trophy is killing me... After I switched to Celia II I've made it to 50 twice and lost at 49 once. I can regularly get to the 40s, but I have a few bad matchups where I get seriously torn up when they are actually aggressive, so one of those can easily end my run (Hermes, Cerberus, and sometimes Celia or Rui). Sigh. I'm gonna keep messing with it, but this really feels worse than DOA5 survival.

DOA5 survival was way harder for me than Chaos Code. In DOA5 I used Lisa, but without learning her combos, and properly baiting counters, I would've never gotten the Platinum for DOA5. However, both games are not impossible, just study the A.I's patterns, and be sure to know at least one powerful combo that you can pull off at a moment's notice, and you will eventually succeed.

DOA5 survival was way harder for me than Chaos Code. In DOA5 I used Lisa, but without learning her combos, and properly baiting counters, I would've never gotten the Platinum for DOA5. However, both games are not impossible, just study the A.I's patterns, and be sure to know at least one powerful combo that you can pull off at a moment's notice, and you will eventually succeed.

I've got offense and good combos down, I just have horrid defense. If this game had alpha counters I'd probably have finished it ages ago, but with a Celia or Cerberus rushing me down with moves that trade in their favor, I have issues. I also am not entirely sure how to beat Kudlak. I THINK I can laser super him down, but your idea of using A+B to dodge doesn't seem to help when he sets 2 traps right in front of him and then just sits there poking with the ground traps that beat everything...

DOA5 was kind of the same - 1 mistake snowballed into a loss very quickly. I think the difference here is that the CPU at later levels gets meter at the beginning of battles, and then even normally easy battles (like Cthylla or Bravo) can become desperate fights to survive very quickly. In DOA, every one was pretty much the same, from 1 to 100, every time.

Anyway, I know I can do this. I just need to get a lucky fight against Kudlak and I'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...