XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 03-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
joeyc138

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Default Catherine Confirmed for US Release

I remember reading that a lot of people were wondering if this game would ever leave Japan and come to the US and it was recently confirmed by Atlus that Catherine would indeed be heading to US PS3's. The game looks and sounds awesome so this is definitely good news for me. Now hopefully we get news of Tales of Vesperia.

Source: Atlus Confirms Catherine for Summer 2011 US Release - gamrFeed

Edit: Also spot the official website which is linked on gamrFeed.

www.catherinethegame.com

Last edited by joeyc138; 03-01-2011 at 01:10 PM.
joeyc138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
Vandemis

great news. i knew Atlus wouldnt let their fans down.

Edit: i hope ATlus makes this game easier, because i heard that lots of japanese players complained that Catherine is even on easy fucking hard.

My Platinums: Mass Effect 2, Mini Ninjas, Fallout 3, Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires, Tekken 6, WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2010, Sengoku Basara, Last Rebellion, BlazBlue CT, Dynasty Warriors 7, Dantes Inferno, DW Gundam 3, The Sims 3, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Fallout New Vegas, Brink, DW7 Xtreme Legends, NCIS, Captain America, TTT HD, DW7XL, NCIS, Mass EFfect 3, Trine 2, Soulcaibur 5, Skyrim, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Warriors Orochi 3

Last edited by Vandemis; 03-01-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Vandemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
dezkly

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Nice, This is the quickest Atlus has taken a Japanese to NA release. So that date for July is looking good now.

*Update*
Amazon has it up for pre-order, to be released on July 26th

Last edited by dezkly; 03-01-2011 at 05:22 PM.
dezkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
IDOLO1013

Awards Showcase Silver Submission   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

That Great News for the US!
But what the about europe? And I bet you Australia will have another game banned.
You think Atlas will release a soundtrack or an art book or something extra as a per-order bonus?

I DON'T ACCEPT ANY BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
IDOLO1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
Mitsuru Kirijo

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezkly View Post
Nice, This is the quickest Atlus has taken a Japanese to NA release.
The turnaround for Catherine is actually borderline ridiculous, and would suggest this might not only have been planned from the start but also that Atlus USA could very well have been working on a localization prior to the game's Japanese release. And if that's the case it might portent good things for quick turnaround on exciting future Atlus releases like, umm, I don't know, PERSONA 5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDOLO1013 View Post
That Great News for the US!
But what the about europe? And I bet you Australia will have another game banned.
You think Atlas will release a soundtrack or an art book or something extra as a per-order bonus?
It's very unlikely that there will be specific localizations for European countries; many Atlus games never make it to Europe in specifically localized forms, and I have several friends in Europe who spend way too much time on the Atlus USA forums lamenting this fact, the poor souls. The question of an Australian banning is pretty pertinent - can one import such things there, or would that be illegal?

And as for pre-order bonuses: Atlus USA always gives pre-order bonuses, and Catherine is unlikely to be any different.

Message me here or via PSN if you want to work on the trophies for Clan of Champions

Mitsuru Kirijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #6
Gazadriel

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDOLO1013 View Post
You've never bought an Atlus when their first released, huh?

Persona 3 came with an Artbook and a soundtrack (FES didn't come with anything... I think P3P had a keychain... I'm not sure ) . Persona 4 had two different kinds of Special Editions, the Persona remake had a soundtrack, Devil Summoner 2 had a plushy. The recently released Radiant Historia had a small soundtrack... And that game is basically off the radar completely. Most of their games have a Special edition/Pre-order bonus of some sort. At least for the first print run. So, Catherine will most likely have something... Maybe a Catherine dakimakura.

Oh, as for my response to it being released:

Last edited by Gazadriel; 03-01-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Gazadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #7
ChipperVA

Great news!! Adding it to my list of must play games of the year. I'll wait to hear what bonuses their offering before I pre-order.

Goal for end of 2014: 100

*Blank Friend Requests Will Be Deleted*
ChipperVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
maddester

Awards Showcase THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   Helping Hand   Community Gaming Event Gold   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

*Puts "Catherine" onto must buy list*

This is going to be a video games summer to remember.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
QuantumMercury

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   2,500 Posts   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Anyone playing the Japanese version, how long is it? Multiple playthroughs for plat?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #10
SigmaCloud

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Damn Atlus, denying any plans and then announcing that you're localizing it within the same week? I love this so much. I'm hoping for at least an OST packaged with the game. The menu theme is catchy enough for me to want one.

SigmaCloud is offline   Reply With Quote