Catherine Confirmed for US Release

joeyc138

I remember reading that a lot of people were wondering if this game would ever leave Japan and come to the US and it was recently confirmed by Atlus that Catherine would indeed be heading to US PS3's. The game looks and sounds awesome so this is definitely good news for me. Now hopefully we get news of Tales of Vesperia. :p

Source: Atlus Confirms Catherine for Summer 2011 US Release - gamrFeed

Edit: Also spot the official website which is linked on gamrFeed.

www.catherinethegame.com

Edited by joeyc138

Nice, This is the quickest Atlus has taken a Japanese to NA release.

The turnaround for Catherine is actually borderline ridiculous, and would suggest this might not only have been planned from the start but also that Atlus USA could very well have been working on a localization prior to the game's Japanese release. And if that's the case it might portent good things for quick turnaround on exciting future Atlus releases like, umm, I don't know, PERSONA 5!

That Great News for the US! :dance:

But what the about europe? And I bet you Australia will have another game banned:think:.

You think Atlas will release a soundtrack or an art book or something extra as a per-order bonus?

It's very unlikely that there will be specific localizations for European countries; many Atlus games never make it to Europe in specifically localized forms, and I have several friends in Europe who spend way too much time on the Atlus USA forums lamenting this fact, the poor souls. The question of an Australian banning is pretty pertinent - can one import such things there, or would that be illegal?

And as for pre-order bonuses: Atlus USA always gives pre-order bonuses, and Catherine is unlikely to be any different.

You think Atlas will release a soundtrack or an art book or something extra as a per-order bonus?

You've never bought an Atlus when their first released, huh?

Persona 3 came with an Artbook and a soundtrack (FES didn't come with anything... I think P3P had a keychain... I'm not sure ) . Persona 4 had two different kinds of Special Editions, the Persona remake had a soundtrack, Devil Summoner 2 had a plushy. The recently released Radiant Historia had a small soundtrack... And that game is basically off the radar completely. Most of their games have a Special edition/Pre-order bonus of some sort. At least for the first print run. So, Catherine will most likely have something... Maybe a Catherine dakimakura.

Oh, as for my response to it being released:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs&feature=related]YouTube - M. Bison "Yes Yes!" Widescreen HD reupload[/ame]

Edited by Gazadriel

Persona 3 came with an Artbook and a soundtrack (FES didn't come with anything... I think P3P had a keychain... I'm not sure ) . Persona 4 had two different kinds of Special Editions, the Persona remake had a soundtrack, Devil Summoner 2 had a plushy. The recently released Radiant Historia had a small soundtrack... And that game is basically off the radar completely. Most of their games have a Special edition/Pre-order bonus of some sort. At least for the first print run. So, Catherine will most likely have something... Maybe a Catherine dakimakura.

Sorry but, I never bought anything from Atlus. This summer will be my first & seeing ALL the goodies from that company. I'll definitely pre-order my copy by next week.

I'm pretty happy about this news. And Atlus is always good about giving cool bonuses away with their games. Soundtracks or artbooks almost always. Even though Atlus didn't release it, remember the infamous mouse pad Record of Agarest War on 360 released with? Something like that would not be out of the question here.

Can't wait for this summer.

P3P came with a hat if you pre-ordered it. (the hat that Junpei wears), P3 FES had a soundtrack(I think Amazon exclusive)

I know Luminous Arc 2 had a soundtrack that came with the game but also if you pre-ordered it, you also get an artbook(or maybe that was the 1st game).

Growlanser: Heritage of War came with a bunch of goodies.

Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga Frontier came with a soundtrack.

Persona 4 came with a soundtrack in every copy, but also if you pre-ordered it, there was also an artbook. Plus they had some special package deal for Amazon with a bunch of goodies.

Persona 1 (PSP remake) had a soundtrack.

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (PS1 version not the DS version that NISA released) came with a soundtrack.

Thousand Arms, Eternal Poison, and many others also came with something special.

Izuna 2 had a couple of different reversible covers with even one having a really sexy pic.

Edited by Shuffle

I'm pretty happy about this news. And Atlus is always good about giving cool bonuses away with their games. Soundtracks or artbooks almost always. Even though Atlus didn't release it, remember the infamous mouse pad Record of Agarest War on 360 released with? Something like that would not be out of the question here.

Can't wait for this summer.

I rather have something like that Hyperdimension Neptunia beach towel Korea gets. But artbooks and soundtracks are always great too.

It actually pisses me off that this game, which has only just released in Japan, is coming to the US so quickly and WKC2, which released in Japan last year, is yet to have an official announcement about the NA street date.

I say WKC 2 is going to be like the previous one of waiting for some International version. Don't forget we had to wait like 13-14 months for the 1st game.

I say WKC 2 is going to be like the previous one of waiting for some International version. Don't forget we had to wait like 13-14 months for the 1st game.

Yes, THAT is what pisses me off. Not just WKC2, but WKC1 as well. Level 5 is extremely poor with localizing Japanese titles, unlike Atlus who, I think, only take about 6 or so months.

Yes, THAT is what pisses me off. Not just WKC2, but WKC1 as well. Level 5 is extremely poor with localizing Japanese titles, unlike Atlus who, I think, only take about 6 or so months.

Level 5's U.S building hasn't localized a single game... yet. Sony is the publisher for now. But even Atlus can be slow at localizing when it comes to games not made by Atlus Japan. Like where's Luminous Arc 3, Class of Heros 2 and 3, and many other unfinished series?

Level 5's U.S building hasn't localized a single game... yet. Sony is the publisher for now. But even Atlus can be slow at localizing when it comes to games not made by Atlus Japan. Like where's Luminous Arc 3, Class of Heros 2 and 3, and many other unfinished series?

I thought L-5's LA HQ wasn't complete yet and darn, that's a lot of abbreviations.

I'm pretty sure the Creative Industries Promotion Office ( A Government Bureau that was created to promote Japan media... Anime, Games, etc ) is disappointed with Level-5. They placed some much faith in Hino to help restore Japan's standing in the gaming world. I mean... Going from 70% of market share to 30% in the last decade ( And more people are buying games now, then back then ) is pretty bad...

Ni no Kuni was supposed to be this huge Worldwide blockbuster ( Teaming up with Ghibli was a part of this plan ), and the sales were pretty mediocre in Japan... Which is probably why we haven't seen either version of it anywhere else. And White Knight Chronicle was received really poorly here ( I didn't like it much, either ), so I don't expect to see it Stateside...

I also wonder why they didn't choose Squeenix or Capcom, as those are the most popular Japanese Publishers and Developers. Maybe all the outsourcing...

I'm pretty sure the Creative Industries Promotion Office ( A Government Bureau that was created to promote Japan media... Anime, Games, etc ) is disappointed with Level-5. They placed some much faith in Hino to help restore Japan's standing in the gaming world. I mean... Going from 70% of market share to 30% in the last decade ( And more people are buying games now, then back then ) is pretty bad...

Ni no Kuni was supposed to be this huge Worldwide blockbuster ( Teaming up with Ghibli was a part of this plan ), and the sales were pretty mediocre in Japan... Which is probably why we haven't seen either version of it anywhere else. And White Knight Chronicle was received really poorly here ( I didn't like it much, either ), so I don't expect to see it Stateside...

I also wonder why they didn't choose Squeenix or Capcom, as those are the most popular Japanese Publishers and Developers. Maybe all the outsourcing...

Actually Ni no Kuni has sold pretty well. It's reached like 500k in sales. With sales like that, I think Level-5 could still bring out the PS3 version which hasn't come out in Japan yet. I didn't think it would be a title that could sell a million anyways unless you combine the sales of the PS3 version with the DS version.

White Knight had an ok story. But like most games with online gameplay, it's all about the online and not so much the storyline. The gameplay was alright.