Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 04-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #21
IDOLO1013

Awards Showcase Silver Submission   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygrg View Post
Here is the NA cover art you are talking about:

Well that suck, but it's the game that matter not the cover. I hope dancingmind (here on the site) does a US cover. Here a LINK of the covers designs he has done.

I DON'T ACCEPT ANY BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
IDOLO1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #22
Shuffle

Awards Showcase Helping Hand   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDOLO1013 View Post
Well that suck, but it's the game that matter not the cover. I hope dancingmind (here on the site) does a US cover. Here a LINK of the covers designs he has done.
Not all retailers get that crappy edited looking coverart. Some of them will have the covers that Japan got for PS3 and Xbox 360 with Catherine and Katherine. So really it just depends on where you buy the game at.

Yes it is true that the cover doesn't matter much as long as the game is good, but do think it was pretty unnecessary for Atlus USA to create these edited coverarts. Just like NISA's edited coverart for Hyperdimension Neptunia.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #23
MegaHentai

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze   2,500 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it's for Wal-Mart, where everything has to be made "family friendly". Remember, this is the same retailer that insists music be censored (click here for more on that), and game companies have toned down their product in the past for fear that Wal-Mart wouldn't carry it.
MegaHentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #24
Salvation

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

We need to see more game covers like this one, for sure.

Salvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #25
KTeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuru Kirijo View Post
Anyways, not only would I buy the game in a store, but, seeing as how it's the 1st Atlus-developed ps3 game and the first 1st significant new game from the Persona team since Persona 4, I will be buying it as soon as it is humanly possible to do so.
Same reasons as to why im gna buy it too. Me and my friend have been waiting for this game to come out and the sooner the better.

Im actually playing persona 4 atm

KTeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:44 AM   #26
MegaHentai

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze   2,500 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

So Amazon is now offering both versions of the cover, but charging $2 more for the edited one on the PS3. I do not pretend to understand this.

Last edited by MegaHentai; 05-09-2011 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Failed link
MegaHentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:56 AM   #27
Aeliana

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Silver   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   PAX Meet Up   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Platinum Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner   I Beat the Staff!!!!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaHentai View Post
So Amazon is now offering both versions of the cover, but charging $2 more for the edited one on the PS3. I do not pretend to understand this.
I imagine the edited cover will be made in lower quantities than the normal one, maybe it'll become a collector's item.
Aeliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:12 AM   #28
MainComptonese
Banned

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   1,000 Posts   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Gold Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Makes no sense , if you compare cover art edit scenario to the "No More Heroes" CERO D Rating. Though , the US will have NMH soon , and it would be considered a CERO Z Rating in Japan w/ all the blood and violence that missed out on the Japan Version .

Then again , sex sells & that's what entices the majority of ppl to buy Catherine , imo...

Last edited by MainComptonese; 05-09-2011 at 03:13 AM.
MainComptonese is offline   Reply With Quote